45 rpm warranty

mjsb

• 4 weeks later...

I brought a pair of Sorahiko's that I've had for about 2.5 years into the 45rpm store in SoHo on Sunday to see if they could / would repair as rumored. The damage to the pockets was pretty severe (lot of wear and fraying, both pocket bags long shredded, exterior of the right pocket with a bad two inch rip going down the leg) and my hopes were not all that high. I was thinking that they'd basically tell me that I should have come by months ago when the damage was less pronounced. Instead they promised to "give them some love" and asked if I wanted reinforcement / preventative repairs done to other areas that tend to get a lot of wear (hems, crotch). I happily said yes and they told me the jeans would be as close to new as they could make them in about a week. At no cost. Great, great, great service. Even if the repairs turn out to be crappy I'll still be pretty pleased just because of how friendly and helpful the staff are in that store.

45rpm denim may command a premium price, but its certainly worth it if the way they treat customers can be found throughout the company.

I brought a pair of Sorahiko's that I've had for about 2.5 years into the 45rpm store in SoHo on Sunday to see if they could / would repair as rumored. The damage to the pockets was pretty severe (lot of wear and fraying, both pocket bags long shredded, exterior of the right pocket with a bad two inch rip going down the leg) and my hopes were not all that high. I was thinking that they'd basically tell me that I should have come by months ago when the damage was less pronounced. Instead they promised to "give them some love" and asked if I wanted reinforcement / preventative repairs done to other areas that tend to get a lot of wear (hems, crotch). I happily said yes and they told me the jeans would be as close to new as they could make them in about a week. At no cost. Great, great, great service. Even if the repairs turn out to be crappy I'll still be pretty pleased just because of how friendly and helpful the staff are in that store.

45rpm denim may command a premium price, but its certainly worth it if the way they treat customers can be found throughout the company.

That's a very Japanese code of conduct. I just love how they do business.

^ I believe they flew the materials for the make up of the store straight from the land of the rising sun. There are some pics on the Japanese site I think. Very much an architectural statement. I've visited the store in Paris and it was just a beautiful backdrop for the clothing. The staff there also were amazingly friendly and only too happy to help you.

will secon on their outstanding service. I made it to the uptown store friday night about 20 minutes after they closed. They reopened the store for us and we got the personal atttention of the entire staff. It was a great shopping experience.

maybe they knew you were superfuturian

all this 45rpm love is good-------very much deserved

great jeans

:D

yakboy, do you have any pics of your sorahikos? i got a pair in october, but i've been rotating them with my sugarcane '47s, and i don't have too much fading as of yet. i'd love to see what they look like after two and a half years...

It gets better: About two hours after I posted, I get a call from the 45prm store to say that the jeans are ready to pick up (in under 24 hours!). The repair is way better than I could have hoped for. They completely rebuilt the pockets including the opening that had frayed away to nothing using pieces of denim that matched the shade of the jeans as closely as possible. The only part of the patch that is likely to remain all that noticeable after some wear and washing is the section covering the tear that went down the leg (and it even kind of adds to the character of the jeans more than it detracts from them). Once again, all in the store were extremely friendly and appeared to be genuinely happy to be able to help out. Outstanding service.

@ gaodatong: I don't have any photos of the jeans that I can think of. Digital camera did a vanishing act on NYE but if I can borrow one will put some up and PM a link or somehting.

yakboy, do you have any pics of your sorahikos? i got a pair in october, but i've been rotating them with my sugarcane '47s, and i don't have too much fading as of yet. i'd love to see what they look like after two and a half years...

tony_hige posted some pics of some of his sorahikos that looked INCREDIBLE. Probably up there with the best we've seen on this forum. I think his were around 2 years old.

Yeah, that would be crazy. I think I read here that Evisu (somewhere) was doing a "trade broken in evisu for fresh raws" type deal though. That's pretty damn cool :P

Sorry to threadjack but can you elaborate on this Evisu exchange thing? Was it a one time thing or do they still do this?