Best value in a solid polo?

rainmaker

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Trovata gets too much love here, but I like their clothes a lot. Their polos are very nice, they fit slim but not too slim (relaxed, like a polo should be). Free of any branding and has a cool contrasting stripe near the button.

And can be had around the $45 note.

try club monaco. I really like their polos. at the end of last s/s season, they went on sale for $39 CAD (maybe lower later but that's when i grabbed one) it fits amazingly, in nice colours, and most importantly uses super soft fabric(much more comfortable than ralph lauren)

I don't think Trovata gets too much love here, but I like their clothes a lot. Their polos are very nice, they fit slim but not too slim (relaxed, like a polo should be). Free of any branding and has a cool contrasting stripe near the button.

And can be had around the $45 note.

probably trovata...i agree with this.

ill always love burberry but there a bit overpriced...

custom-fit for sure... only downside is that the back hangs a little low

This seems to only be the case on certain models. I have a couple from last season's black and white polo team collection that are custom fit and don't have the longer flap in the back.

Thanks guys. Is the official polo site the only place to get them? They're a bit expensive, but it's probably time I actually invested in a shirt..

Macy's usually always has random Polo stuff on sale, as do the actual Polo storefronts. If they don't currently, and you don't need one asap, wait a little bit as something good always pops up. I have about 7 RL custom fits purchased over the last year and NONE for full retail. Most of them at $40 or under (got 3 for $10 each at their last sale). Check here ($44 a pop):

http://www.polo.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2592875&cp=&fbn=Division%7CMen%7CSee+All&f=PAD%2FDivision%2FMen&f=Taxonomy%2FPOLO%2F1760781&kw=custom-fit&parentPage=search

They always have sale items. Also, e-bay is a great bet as they usually have hundreds of em'. Beware of fakes though.

Much better with non-denim casual pants.

and absolutedly not with shorts. Eh, unless you're aiming for the college single douche look.

Rugbys look great with denim, IMO. It's got that streetwear meets preppy look. It's hard to pull off, and I think that usually you need a bigger frame for it to look right, but it can be done.

You're right about the shorts. Top it off with no socks and some boat shoes and you got the whole herb look locked down.

I'm still on the hunt for some of the CDG x Fred Perry polos, in the meantime, where can you pick up the, and I'm quoting here, "Made in England" slim fit FP polos? I only wear black and white at the moment as I've mentioned, and I know they make them in that color, but it's hard finding such specific items. Black and white, slim fit, made in england, etc...

Headache.

another option: uniqlo. very good value.

exactly what I was gonna post. I didn't think I'd see them mentioned in this thread. I have a black short sleeve one from last season and one of the blue hardwashed ones from the current. I love the fit,

custom-fit for sure... only downside is that the back hangs a little low

Agreed. I was gonna buy one until I noticed this. Does any one know if it shortens up a little after a wash?

I'm still on the hunt for some of the CDG x Fred Perry polos, in the meantime, where can you pick up the, and I'm quoting here, "Made in England" slim fit FP polos? I only wear black and white at the moment as I've mentioned, and I know they make them in that color, but it's hard finding such specific items. Black and white, slim fit, made in england, etc...

Headache.

I picked up mine at Rolo in San Francisco. They can't be too hard to find ... just look around and make sure you look at the garment tag before buying.

BTW, I'm fairly certain all the made in England ones are slim-fit. Mine certainly are.

exactly what I was gonna post. I didn't think I'd see them mentioned in this thread. I have a black short sleeve one from last season and one of the blue hardwashed ones from the current. I love the fit,

Agreed. I was gonna buy one until I noticed this. Does any one know if it shortens up a little after a wash?

in my experience, no. if i'm wearing a hoodie over it, I make sure it's at least of similar length so I don't have a huge piece of fabric from the polo hanging down where the hoodie stops

I picked up mine at Rolo in San Francisco. They can't be too hard to find ... just look around and make sure you look at the garment tag before buying.

BTW, I'm fairly certain all the made in England ones are slim-fit. Mine certainly are.

I'll be in San Fran. next week, I'll stop by there. Thanks Minya.