Best value in a solid polo?

rainmaker

I just bought a custom fit off of Polo.com for cheap. It ended up costing $43.66 - it was on sale to begin with, and they had a 30% off promotion (unfortunately the 30% off ended on Monday.)

H&M polos are cheap, but you get what you pay for. They are really terrible quality and will not last you past the season if you wear it with any regularity.

I was intrigued by the Uniqlo polos but the placket was so damn big on them...it was very strange looking. Also, when I checked them out at the store they had these weird grey buttons that I just couldn't stand.

I recently just bought two polos at J. Crew for a total of $50 (this was at the Columbus Circle location in Manhattan a few weeks ago.) They fit great and they seem to be good quality as well, so they get my recommendation.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest StuckOnStupid

hate to revive this old chestnut, but i had to comment...just racked a couple ralph lauren regular fit polos not 20 minutes ago. my question: what the fuck happened to these shirts? the large is like a smedium, the xl is like XXL, and why the FUCK is there like 2 inches of extra material at the back??? do you know what i mean when i say this? its like a cape at the back.it looks ridiculous, and its a shame because the construction and fabric is aces. i guess ill tailor em, but for the price they want, i would NEVER buy one of these shirts.

American Apparel's pique polo's fit pretty well, i've had one for about a year now and i still wear it regularly, hasn't lost its shape, shrunk a tiny bit (but it fits better now than before) and they're wickedly comfortable.

Also, Lacoste doesn't seem to be getting much love here, but for all you fashionistas Junya Watanabe did some shit with the ubiqutous croc brand.

hate to revive this old chestnut, but i had to comment...just racked a couple ralph lauren regular fit polos not 20 minutes ago. my question: what the fuck happened to these shirts? the large is like a smedium, the xl is like XXL, and why the FUCK is there like 2 inches of extra material at the back??? do you know what i mean when i say this? its like a cape at the back.it looks ridiculous, and its a shame because the construction and fabric is aces. i guess ill tailor em, but for the price they want, i would NEVER buy one of these shirts.

Spoken like a Lo head lol...I need a team of rackers/boosters...it's a good thing to have.

Guest StuckOnStupid
RL's "Custom Fit" polos fit somewhat smaller to where a Large might fit like a Medium. Their "Classic Fit" polos run large though......so yes, a XL would fit like a XXL.

The back is longer because it is a traditional polo shirt........literally. When you are sitting on a horse playing polo, the back can remain tucked in. It is only drastic in the larger sizes, and not all RL's shirts have this.

i never realized it. i always liked the polo sport golf shirts a little more.

The quality is ... probably enough to make you want to spend more on another polo. They tend to loose shape pretty quick, and after a few washes they just end up looking like a Bestbuy uniform. I guess if you're more built and not so concerned about slim fitting then they're great.

Alright, so that was interesting. Washed my H&M I was so proud of the first time, and it now would not fit my little sister. This thing went from a medium to a XXS (no kidding).