football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

Shit I went away for the weekend and missed tons!

I dont see us paying more than 30 mill for Berbatov. To be honest I dont think he is even worth that much, but prices for players have been increasing in the last couple years thanks to every team being taken over by rich fucks who care about the profit they earn at the end of the fiscal year than the actually team.

If Berbatov moves to Man City it would be a career wrecker no matter how much the new owners say they are on the way up. No Champions League footie for at least 2 years should be reason enough.

If Tottenham were gonna buy a striker because they thought the Berbotov move is going to take place they should have just spent the extra money and got Arshavin.

As for the the England set up, I can only hope Capello knows what he is doing, if we dont make it to S.Africa I will denounce my citizenship and start cheering for Canada.

the only negative? fuck man. what happened to player's ambitions, to try to win trophies. little cunt only went to man city cause of the paycheck. do you think gaffer called him to tell him what his role will be in the team? what is the direction they are taking? do you even think he knows one player from city besides jo? he was sold like a bag of potatoes for 32 million.

this isn't the first time anyone is realising footballers are money grabbing slags, we know this man

and man c are looking strong, they could win trophies definitely - at least have the potential to anyway. I personally think it's great a player of Robinho's calibre decided to come to the premier league, i think it further cements the prem's stature as the best league in the world.

this isn't the first time anyone is realising footballers are money grabbing slags, we know this man

and man c are looking strong, they could win trophies definitely - at least have the potential to anyway. I personally think it's great a player of Robinho's calibre decided to come to the premier league, i think it further cements the prem's stature as the best league in the world.

what trophies can they win? uefa cup if they get very very lucky. i know there is money involved. he would get paid loads at chelsea and he would challenge for the league and the champions league. he won't get that at city (not this season). so why he went to city? CAUSE HE GOT A BIGGER PAYCHECK!

So Mag as a Spurs fan how do you feel? Keane and Berbatov leaving. Do you feel as if you have adequate fire power up front?

Robinho to Man City is a huge suprise. I want to see how this New Man City era will go and who else they pursue but to the more serious news!! . . .

Rooney, Ronaldo,Tevez and Berbatov?!?! Granted 31 million is a bit much but there wasn't that many options as to who we could sign and leaving it to the last day only made it more necessary to sign him. Oh well, im happy to have him on board and would like to see how Ferige incorparates him into the squad.

how real got owned? they got paid fucking big.

Because this summer they thought they'd either have Ronaldo & Robinho or Ronaldo as his replacement. Turns out they have neither & will have to cross fingers & toes Robben can stay fit to give them any sort of wide threat. They significantly reduced there chances of winning the Champions League & knocking out fellow contenders.

Shit I went away for the weekend and missed tons!

I dont see us paying more than 30 mill for Berbatov. To be honest I dont think he is even worth that much, but prices for players have been increasing in the last couple years thanks to every team being taken over by rich fucks who care about the profit they earn at the end of the fiscal year than the actually team.

If Berbatov moves to Man City it would be a career wrecker no matter how much the new owners say they are on the way up. No Champions League footie for at least 2 years should be reason enough.

If Tottenham were gonna buy a striker because they thought the Berbotov move is going to take place they should have just spent the extra money and got Arshavin.

As for the the England set up, I can only hope Capello knows what he is doing, if we dont make it to S.Africa I will denounce my citizenship and start cheering for Canada.

You really think Arshavin is in Berba’s class or better?[/font][/size]

Berba’s quality was known in Bayern Leveerkusen. Sir Alex even tracked him but lost him to Spurs. If he knew Berba would acclimatize to BPL so easily, bet Sir Alex would have bid 20 million pounds for him And Berba showed his class by scoring tons of goals even against tough defence like Chelsea before his sulking got to him.

In Euro 2008, I saw Arshavin got man-marked in the semis like nobody’s business. There was talk that he does not have the experience to play in the highest level and Spurs or Barca cant afford for him to get the experience now

And Man City won’t play in CL within the next 2 years. I can’t see them beating Arsenal or Everton to get 4th. They will need wholesale changes to their squad and another 100 million pounds for midfielders, defenders, goalie and manager before they can even do that.

the only negative? fuck man. what happened to player's ambitions, to try to win trophies. little cunt only went to man city cause of the paycheck. do you think gaffer called him to tell him what his role will be in the team? what is the direction they are taking? do you even think he knows one player from city besides jo? he was sold like a bag of potatoes for 32 million.

You forgot Elano.

1. Yes on potential. But they cant just get top class strikers and think they can go to CL. SWP has shown he is not top class anyway. They need better midfielders than Ireland to partner Elano and someone to replace Hamann very soon. And when Man City start losing, you bet Hughes will get sacked in favour of an international manager.

2. I thought Robinho looked good last season in Real but great player? Did he even make it as one of the finalist in Euro players of the season this year? Ronaldo and Kaka, now those are really great players who can single handedly change the game for you but Robinho? Sometimes in Real he can get them the goals and be a catalyst but remains to be seen whether he can do so with a supporting cast like SWP, Petrov, Ireland, Vasell and Elano.