football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

Where was that shot taken from??! Will Ferrell is a Chelsea fan? Are Chelsea the new Man U in the US now?

1. some talk show, jon stewart i think?

2. it would appear so, likely to the extent that most plastics are

3. not really, although seeing young kids in chelsea kit is disturbingly not uncommon. a sign of the further decline of quality parenting

i remember chelsea came to my school and used our i.m. field for practice. i'm pretty sure drogba gave his signature exclusively to black people and no one else. if i had gotten one, i would've dropped my pants and immediately wiped my ass with the jersey in front of him. dogbreath piece of shit chelski bastard...

Robo left for Blackburn, must be a weekend long celebration at Spurs country :D

yeah he wasn't the guy but i'm a little concerned we let him and cerny go while only signing gomes (who we saw flapping around during the uefa cup). hopefully we'll get someone in for cover as well.

i am totally gutted about losing keane, i suppose if we land villa it'd be a step up but i really thought he'd stay. he's going to get a lot of stick for turning his back on us after saying he wanted to retire at spurs.

Very very happy that we got Keane. Finally a player that should score and create few goals in the league. Can't wait to see him play with Torres, should be a fantastic partnership. We just need to get Barry and this will be a perfect summer.

Do you think you'll still sell Berba? I've heard that you made a bid for Arshavin but Villa would be a much better choice. I looks like Spurs will play with only one striker (actually now it looks like you'll play just 4-6 :D) and Villa is much more suited for that then the red faced russian.

Dossena was signed for leftback to replace Riise and should be a big improvement. On the right we have Arbeloa and Finnan and it should be ok.

But midfield? With Gerrard, Mascherano, Alonso (soon probably replaced by Barry), Yossi and Lucas we more than covered and probably have one of the strongest midfields in the league.

I'm not sure if we'll get any wingers, Rafa might not use them enough to spend sub 20 million on someone who won't play every game.

I usually don't say that but... this is the year :D

Expectations a motherfucker if you can't handle it, but I expect Liverpool to really be in there around April/May now. Berbatov's gonna be pissed if he can't go to Man Utd, he surely thought he'd be leaving first but if they want more than £25m then fuck that. Even if we don't sign him, we gotta sign a striker to counter Liverpool's extra firepower.

Signings are exciting & add quality, but it's the shift in self belief & nailing the right match day tatics that really see you through over 38 games...see Chelsea '05.

Dossena was signed for leftback to replace Riise and should be a big improvement. On the right we have Arbeloa and Finnan and it should be ok.

But midfield? With Gerrard, Mascherano, Alonso (soon probably replaced by Barry), Yossi and Lucas we more than covered and probably have one of the strongest midfields in the league.

I'm not sure if we'll get any wingers, Rafa might not use them enough to spend sub 20 million on someone who won't play every game.

I usually don't say that but... this is the year :D

I don’t think you have been reading much. Rafa have been reduced to trading bit players to get money for Gaz Baz.

Now they got Keano, they can't afford Gaz Baz especially if Juve dont want Xabi.

And what will Keano do there? Warming the bench with Voronin in his leopard print tracksuit?

Torres and Kuyt will be first choice.

Rafa have also been reduced to getting his players to cosy up to his targets to goad them to join Pool.

Rafa dont have money to buy another 20 million pounds recruit and there is for sure no money when the Stadium starts building.

They will be the next selling club after Arsenal but Arsenal got youngsters who cost them little and can fetch more on the transfer market.

Expectations a motherfucker if you can't handle it, but I expect Liverpool to really be in there around April/May now. Berbatov's gonna be pissed if he can't go to Man Utd, he surely thought he'd be leaving first but if they want more than £25m then fuck that. Even if we don't sign him, we gotta sign a striker to counter Liverpool's extra firepower.

Signings are exciting & add quality, but it's the shift in self belief & nailing the right match day tatics that really see you through over 38 games...see Chelsea '05.

32 million for Tevez and 25 million plus for Berbs. Does Fergie have that kind of money?

Man U got too many goal scorers. But the main core is there. Fergie just needs to add to it and plan for the future. They need back up for Neville and VDS. Maybe 1 attacking midfielder. Need to sell Scholes, Giggs, Park and recoup some money especially if Ronnie is staying.

what the fuck are you talking about. united is LACKING goal scorers. we don't even have a proper out and out striker if saha leaves, and even if he stays he's injured 1/2 the time. take away ronaldo's 40 goals, you have tevez and rooney making up prob 95% of all the other goals scored this season. that gives us two forwards who are natural goalscorers, which is the basic number you should have in a team.

we need berbatov. or someone like him, esp if saha leaves (as reported). I always wished that saha would stay and suddenly become super fit because he's mad awesome, but now I just wish that we get berbs or huntelaar or someone like that.

and what kind of a dickhead statement is selling giggs and scholes. fergie would never do that, and the max you'd get from both those guys at that age is 10 million pounds which in this inflated market can't even buy you a pathetic half forward like robbie keane.

easiest solution right now is to keep saha and pray that he gets fit, and bring home manucho from panathinaikos. and start playing danny welbeck.

seriously dude your recommendations are way off point? im giving you the benefit of the doubt and say that you're not a united fan so you really dont understand jack about united.

but i would now like to hear an analysis of the team that you support.

32 million for Tevez and 25 million plus for Berbs. Does Fergie have that kind of money?

Man U got too many goal scorers. But the main core is there. Fergie just needs to add to it and plan for the future. They need back up for Neville and VDS. Maybe 1 attacking midfielder. Need to sell Scholes, Giggs, Park and recoup some money especially if Ronnie is staying.

I seriously don't know what u're talking about. Man U has only 1 goal scorer. Tevez and Rooney's finishing doesn't cut it. They're only good enough to be SS and that's it.

back up for Neville = brown

back up for VDS = Kuczsak

Attacking midfielder I think not. They have more than enough back-up as it is.

btw, Keane is gonna be playing behind Torres. Not warming the bench.;)

Man U has only 1 goal scorer. Tevez and Rooney's finishing doesn't cut it. They're only good enough to be SS and that's it.

Rooney just needs to cut out the hesitation in front of goal & you could well see him hit 28 this season. Tevez, Nani & Anderson I'm sure will improve in front of goal in there 2nd season.

As for transfer funds for Tevez & a new striker...

scroogemcduck.jpg

I seriously don't know what u're talking about. Man U has only 1 goal scorer. Tevez and Rooney's finishing doesn't cut it. They're only good enough to be SS and that's it.

back up for Neville = brown

back up for VDS = Kuczsak

Attacking midfielder I think not. They have more than enough back-up as it is.

btw, Keane is gonna be playing behind Torres. Not warming the bench.;)

No!!!

Wazza and Carlos are strikers. They are staying no matter what. If they dont score, dont tell me Fergie should get 11 strikers?

At any time, Fergies got Wazza, Ronnie, Carlos, Nani or PArk or Giggsy- 4 who are goal scorers. Plus now Berbs? HOw are they gonna fit Berbs with Wazza and Carlos?

Wes is a squad player. Not good enough. They should have gotten Dani Alves.

Kuczack aint Schumichael.

Who's the attacking midfielder? Owen and Carrick are more on the holding role.

If Keano starts, whats Kuyt gonna do? Run up and down the pitch doing everything except scoring? Somethings gotta give. If Keano starts and we know Keano dont like being sub, Kuyt may leave and Kuyt is younger.

we're running out of players lol

Tainio, Robbo, Chimbonda, Keane :'(, Gardner and now looks like Malbranque and Kaboul (after a brilliant first season) are leaving too.

Hope Ramos brings in some real quality, can't remember last time we got rid of so many established players - Berba is probably gone too.

Many of them players, Juande would probably drive to the airport personally.

The rest like Berbs and Keano he probably want to stay.

Lets see what Juande will do and his vision for Spurs.

Should be interesting.

No!!!

Wazza and Carlos are strikers. They are staying no matter what. If they dont score, dont tell me Fergie should get 11 strikers?

At any time, Fergies got Wazza, Ronnie, Carlos, Nani or PArk or Giggsy- 4 who are goal scorers. Plus now Berbs? HOw are they gonna fit Berbs with Wazza and Carlos?

Wes is a squad player. Not good enough. They should have gotten Dani Alves.

Kuczack aint Schumichael.

Who's the attacking midfielder? Owen and Carrick are more on the holding role.

If Keano starts, whats Kuyt gonna do? Run up and down the pitch doing everything except scoring? Somethings gotta give. If Keano starts and we know Keano dont like being sub, Kuyt may leave and Kuyt is younger.

are you fucking stupid? we need strikers. if there's anything we need it's strikers. our midfield is filled as fuck and defense is solid. attacking midfielders? you forget about ronaldo? nani? giggs? you labeled them as goal scorers and somehow forgot they play an attacking midfielder role. as for berbatove we'd rotate him out depending on the game. you forget we're playing for four tournaments so naturally we can't play the same two strikers every damn game.

are you fucking stupid? we need strikers. if there's anything we need it's strikers. our midfield is filled as fuck and defense is solid. attacking midfielders? you forget about ronaldo? nani? giggs? you labeled them as goal scorers and somehow forgot they play an attacking midfielder role. as for berbatove we'd rotate him out depending on the game. you forget we're playing for four tournaments so naturally we can't play the same two strikers every damn game.[/quote

Yah play with 11 strikers. Lets see what will happen.

Did you even see Liverpool play last season? Torres is a lone striker and Keane can play right behind him. He can play across the 3 positions behind Torres. Babel will be moved to striker (his natural position) and Keane can play on the left of the top 3 (or right when he switches with Kuyt). If we play 4-4-2 it will be Torres and Keane not Kuyt.

and you're talking about Rafa not having money? How the fuck can you know this? Put the fucking news of the world down and take your head out of your ass. you don't have a clue.