football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

i'm so fucking pissed right now, first spain and now this shit. wat the fuck is wrong with sweden, they acted like a bunch of pussys. god damn, i'm embarresed and they think they are so damn good but everytime they never make through the group or the following game. fuck this, we need a new coach, they should definately consider hiring a foreign coach to get some more international play, this shit is old right now and they can't keep on playing like this.

France - They either don't turn up or win the thing! :rolleyes: Makelele & Toulalan?

Italy - Needed France to catch a bad one to knock them out. Keep the ball well though.

Russia - On the come up...for real. Fully understand it takes 11 players to be a team.

Sweden - Out played, Ibrahimovic falls in the same catergory as Quaresma.

Russia played some sexy football, wouldn't think it's the same team that lost 4-1 eh?

Hiddink effect?

and apparantly City are offering £30m for Ronaldhino

Hiddink along with plenty Dutch coaches get there team playing some good stuff...regardless of star players.

Ha...City. This is about as pointless as when Newcastle bidded £20m for Wayne Rooney after Euro 2004. But then again Man City got E-Money bags these days.

So how about quarters? Portugal over Germany, Croatia over Turkey, Netherlands over Russia, Spain over Italy????

I like the Russians, they are "my team" now but I don't know if they can break the Dutch. I still think that you can never right off Italy but with players missing the game, Spain has a chance but they need to play their best game yet.

I don't get why Sweden didn't use Kallstorm....Sweden's midfield looked lost (as always)

this is what everyone in sweden has been thinking the last years, and it seems its finally over because svensson will stop playing in the national team and this makes place for kallstrom, one of the best players in sweden.

So how about quarters? Portugal over Germany, Croatia over Turkey, Netherlands over Russia, Spain over Italy????

I like the Russians, they are "my team" now but I don't know if they can break the Dutch. I still think that you can never right off Italy but with players missing the game, Spain has a chance but they need to play their best game yet.

my predictions:

Portugal

Croatia

Netherlands

Spain

i would say germany is 50/50 to go through, it's a shame they're missing some key players cos the match will probably be even more of a borefest without them. i have a feeling it'll go to penos in which case definitely the german. look for "missing: ronaldo" posters afterwards as well.

spain's also in shaky territory, they've relied on last minute goals too often for my liking and are always capable of laying an egg. however italy shouldn't even be in the second round so who knows if they'll decide to turn up. they'll probably dive endlessly to slow the match down but ultimately be undone by spain's pace

netherlands/russia has goalfest written all over it, really looking forward to it. i think croatia / turkey will be a scrappy affair but in the end croatia goes through comfortably.

germany 1, portugal 1 (germans through on penos)

croatia 2, turkey 0

netherlands 3, russia 2 (russia doesn't convert enough chances)

spain 2, italy 1

germans through on penalties? are you crazy?

the only thing that ricardo is really good at is defending penalty kicks.

so true

german 'sack of shit' goalie has to be the worst in the tournament. you can already see simao sending rockets his way cause you know he will drop most of them.

Guest umhaha84

LOL I knew portugal wasn't champion from the beginning.

Italy or Germany!

Italy's gonna definitely suffer, but hopefully come out as a winner, (loss of Pirlo)

As far as Russia vs. Netherland, I wanna see Guus pulling off another miracle!

Chelsea fans thoughts on Scolari...sure about him or not convinced?

...somewhat mixed opinion...

I mean, this is still the coach that guided Portugal to the WC semis... But obviously the english football is a different beast altogether...

but i think it should be interesting... not to mention blues football has got to get more exciting...

anyone have thoughts on who's staying and who's leaving stamford bridge?

...somewhat mixed opinion...

I mean, this is still the coach that guided Portugal to the WC semis... But obviously the english football is a different beast altogether...

but i think it should be interesting... not to mention blues football has got to get more exciting...

anyone have thoughts on who's staying and who's leaving stamford bridge?

Well for starters I can't believe Drogba's supposedly wants to stay, I thought he'd be the first out. Lampard wants to link up with Mourinho again but I think it will only happen if he can't agree a new contract.

To get Chelsea playing more first-time passing, inter-changing football they must sell both players as they are 80% of Chelsea's direct style.

Anelka, Malouda, Shevchenko, Wright-Phillips...thats what, £80m of fail?

I knew Ricardo will fuck it up but i didn't think the rest of defense would as well. i think the problem was that Portugal had to chase the game instead of controlling and playing at their own pace. Playing Schweinsteiger was a good move, fair play to the Germans for good win.

Anelka, Malouda, Shevchenko, Wright-Phillips...thats what, £80m of fail?

What's £80m for Roman? Lunch money.

I think as long as Cech, Terry, Carvalho, Essien, Obi stay this is still a very strong team. If Drogba also stays they will only get stronger. I'm sure Sheva is not going anywhere but if Scolari plays his usual style with one frontman I don't see him getting much action. He can just keep playing kickball with Roman's kids in the yard like he did last season.