The CONTEXT CLOTHING Thread

sam113

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Answers:

docnbhd-

We are about to re-order Rescues, NS, New Cures and some of the collection. Keep your eye on the website.

toufu-

We are waiting on backordered Thin Finns now. Not sure when we'll see them.

jake snake-

We are putting an Edwin order together for fall now, but $147.00 was the sale price. If they don't sell out fast you might see them marked down again but there are no guarantees.

/\___/\

//    ヽ::: \

| (●), 、(●)、 |

| ,,ノ(、_, )ヽ、,, |    

|   ,;‐=‐ヽ :::::|    

\  `ニニ´.:::/

/`ー‐--‐‐—´´\

.n:n    nn

nf|||   | | |^!n

UPDATE

CONTEXT just took delivery of a very limited edition Crate James IV in selvage denim. It's the first and only Crate jean done in selvage. The fabric is a 13.5oz deadstock American Cone that was spun between 1968 and 1972.

They only made 75 pair, and allotted just 15 pair to 5 selected stores.

RETAIL PRICE - $175.00!!!

I have sizes 28 to 34.

They'll be going up on the website early next week, and will dissappear quickly so anyone interested in a pair should PM or email me asap and I'll set you up.

UPDATE

1)

Join the interactive email on our front page to keep up to date with our current promotions.

2)

We just got word that the Masa from Nudie has arrived in Sweden and should be delivering to US retailers by the beginning of May. For those of you who don't know, the Masa is a 100% Japanese selvage, hardware, thread and production piece, the first of its kind from Nudie. It will be the Even Steven cut, with a Japanese flag sewn in the waistband and will come in a box with the Rising Sun design on it. Its production is limited to this season only. CONTEXT will be getting 30 pair, and we are taking pre-orders for it now. PM me, email ([email protected]) or call the store at 608 250 0113 to reserve your pair.

Keep in touch.

Guest StuckOnStupid
UPDATE

1)

CONTEXTCLOTHING.COM just introduced our 25% first time customer discount code;

Type "1st timer" in to the coupon code box at checkout to get the deal.

This offer applies to everything except limited edtion and sale items.

Many of you are already loyal customers, and you still get the 10% Superfuturian deal (type "SF" in the coupon code box). The rest of you can score some great deals using this code, so come and get it.

2)

We just got word that the Masa from Nudie has arrived in Sweden and should be delivering to US retailers by the beginning of May. For those of you who don't know, the Masa is a 100% Japanese selvage, hardware, thread and production piece, the first of its kind from Nudie. It will be the Even Steven cut, with a Japanese flag sewn in the waistband and will come in a box with the Rising Sun design on it. Its production is limited to this season only. CONTEXT will be getting 30 pair, and we are taking pre-orders for it now. PM me, email ([email protected]) or call the store at 608 250 0113 to reserve your pair.

Keep in touch.

what the hell is with the rise on these things? am i buggin?

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/j-pia/jpnudie-110135032-25161-1158/

Uhh yeah- those shots are not good.

The Masa is the Even Steven cut- so they have that low yoke, but the dude in those pics is wearing a pair that is a several sizes too big and he has them pulled up way too high.

You can see rise measurements and the proper way to wear them here: http://contextclothing.com/brands/nudie/even_steven_organic.php?PHPSESSID=ce63080cb54c9ed6797b3afa62b18a6c

We should have them by the end of the month- about half of ours are spoken for, so if you want a pair let me know.

Answers:

1) Grimm Tims are on order for fall (August delivery).

2) The Imperial restock should be shipping by the end of the month. It will have indigo Dukes and Kings, starting at size 28.

3) Besides the Masa, I have Slim Jim Dry Japan and Thin Finn Dry Black Coated on the way. There will be smaller sizes included in those shipments.

Anyone who wants to be kept up to date can join the CONTEXT interactive email through www.contextclothing.com.

I know that many of you have been waiting for your size in the Slim Jim Dry Japan and the Thin Finn Dry Black Coated to come in at CONTEXT, and your time has come.

We just got more 28s, 29s, 32s, 34s, 36s, and 38s in the Dry Japans, and 30s and 31s in the Thin Finns.

slim_jim_dry_tr.jpgthin_finn_black_t.jpg

These are the two fastest sellers on www.contextclothing.com, so jump on it quick.

Answers:

2) The Imperial restock should be shipping by the end of the month. It will have indigo Dukes and Kings, starting at size 28.

cool,

for the record Sam, scratch the 33, I'll get the 34 Black Dukes. im 100% positive on these. lmk when they come in, thanks:)

sorry any inconvenience.

When will you guys post up pics of the vintage selvedge Crate James?

At long last, the selvage James is up on wwwcontextclothing.com.

There are a few pair left, but not for long.

Sam,

Noobie question alert! How do you guys at Context measure rise?

I measure it from the crotch stitch "crossroads" (the meeting point of both inseams and the front and rear crotch seams) to the top of the jean (where the denim ends and your skin would begin if you wearing the jean).

Another point - would you guys consider posting up both front and rear rise measurements for your jeans? It'd be really helpful for guys like me who can't try them on.

Great website though. Love the 360 view. Very helpful.

Cheers!

low rider-

We initially measured the rise to the bottom of the J stitch. That has changed. All measurements listed inside the measurement boxes use the method you mentioned; from the very top of the waist band to the "crossroads".

poly800rock-

We did indeed order smalls in the Conny Dry Black Coated.

low rider-

We initially measured the rise to the bottom of the J stitch. That has changed. All measurements listed inside the measurement boxes use the method you mentioned; from the very top of the waist band to the "crossroads".

poly800rock-

We did indeed order smalls in the Conny Dry Black Coated.

Thanks so much for all explanation. One more quickie... what's the J stitch?