the "ask an asian" thread.

mizanation

Zhang Ziyi does nothing for me. Infact i find her a little more on the ugly side.

As for chinese restaurants having a seperate menu, i work at a chinese restaurant and our menu is setup like that. Most of the food in the chinese written menu are similar to the ones in english anyway so you arn't really missing out. eg fried rice is in the english menu whereas in the chinese menu you get a selection of chicken with pineapple fried rice or beef and lettuce fried rice.

I actually would say it differs a lot.

Just recently, I ate an Americanized Chinese restaurant and we got a private room because we were Chinese and the people on the outside were just whities. The food was absolutely different unless I'm guessing that white people don't know how to order Chinese food, but the food was absolutely different. Wrapped Peking Duck with Sauce, Shark Fin Soup, Chicken Feet, "Bhou Zhai", etc. While people on the outside were eating kong pao chicken and orange beef.

Yeah it does depend on the restaurant. But most small takeout chinese restaurants here in oz offer very similar menus. It is only the larger more 'chinese' ones that serve food like shark fin soup. White people can still order stuff from the chinese menu (usually they just ask the waiters whats in the chinese menu), but from my experience most prefer the stuff in the english menu anyway. Like in yum cha, i see white people ordering the typical chinese food (spring rolls, singapore noodles etc) yet there are many more varities that are more 'chinese' (chicken feet, white carrot cakes) where they can easily order by just pointing it out in one of the trolleys. I guess white people really don't know how to order chinese food haha.

Whats kung pow chicken? i always hear it in american tv. Orange beef? Wow didn't think they complement each other. I guess it would be similar to something like mango chicken.

Just recently, I ate an Americanized Chinese restaurant and we got a private room because we were Chinese and the people on the outside were just whities. The food was absolutely different unless I'm guessing that white people don't know how to order Chinese food, but the food was absolutely different. Wrapped Peking Duck with Sauce, Shark Fin Soup, Chicken Feet, "Bhou Zhai", etc. While people on the outside were eating kong pao chicken and orange beef.

white folks usually order the same stuff all the time... chicken and broccoli, Sesame chicken, Moo Goo Gai Pan, etc, etc.

they're not gonna venture out and have pig intestines, tongue, ears; goose intestines; chicken feet; snails; tripe

^ The average white American's first thought about meat in this day and age is probably a styrofoam container with a neat cut of red meat inside, not bloody in the least, nothing too icky looking.

I once went to this Chinese restaurant on Queensway in London with a Japanese friend of mine, I often get confused for Japanese myself and that was probably our fatal flaw this time; we were quickly seated at the worst table in the house, given Japanese-language menus that featured a bunch of the same thing for like 10 pounds a dish; we ordered and then watched as we got two plates of slop and the Chinese family next to us had a legitimate Chinese feast.

As I was eating my slop I had my doubts as to whether the Chicken was even cooked, and I found out the hard way as I sat on the toilet for 2 violently painful days of a London trip, and all I had was Lucozade and McVitie's to save my life.

^^ are you chinese then dismalfuture? if so, could you not have spoken to the staff in cantonese & had them sort you out?

i ate at a chinese restaurant on queensway last night and although i'm a honkie, my g/f and her mum are of chinese origing & yeah we definitely got preferential treatment.. including some pretty rank soup that was like the leftovers that had all been chucked in a pot - can't remember what it was called - tried my first chicken foot - won't be back for more..

When I was a kid and went to DisneyWorld [Epcot], the place with the many countries. I went with the family, and my mom didn't feel like eating any other shit so we went into the over-stereotypical ching chong chinese restaurant where only white/black people eat and the waiter came up to us doing some fake ass "Ni Hao -- That means How are you in Chinese". So we cut to the chase and owned this little niglet in chinese and we were watching the people on the side ordering (they so happened to be a black family), each ordering a dish for themselves to eat and none of them finished. I felt bad because the waiter/waitresses were talking shit about them and saying how stupid they were and then they actually played rock paper scissors of who would serve them and saying in Chinese that the black family would rob the whole restaurant.

Loco.

wow i can honestly say ive never seen that kind of treatment before, to that extreme anyway. Even in the bigger more 'chinese' restaurants ive worked at theres usually a balance. Infact most of the time it is the other way around, white folks getting treated better than chinese folks themselves (though this depends on the type of waiter you get). White folks are much more polite, less picky and pay better tips so i divert all my attention to them.

However it is a whole different story out the back of the kitchen where all the 'bitching' goes on lol. Though never as bad as playing scissors, paper, rock to determine whos going to serve the customers.

same way in korean restaurants...while whiteys eat korean pork/beef/chicken bbq...us koreans get a special menu with dog meat. :D

same way in korean restaurants...while whiteys eat korean pork/beef/chicken bbq...us koreans get a special menu with dog meat. :D

I wouldn't doubt it either. :D

Me and Anny went to a Korean restaurant and they had a calendar where it said "Wholesale Meat" and on the picture there was a dog.

:confused:

Zhang Ziyi does nothing for me. Infact i find her a little more on the ugly side.

As for chinese restaurants having a seperate menu, i work at a chinese restaurant and our menu is setup like that. Most of the food in the chinese written menu are similar to the ones in english anyway so you arn't really missing out. eg fried rice is in the english menu whereas in the chinese menu you get a selection of chicken with pineapple fried rice or beef and lettuce fried rice.

I agree. Zhang Ziyi and Gong Li don't look that good to me. Most of the Asian actresses in movies here that Americans consider "hot" are far from it in my opinion.

Anyway....as for the food... I don't really care if I'm not eating the same "chinese / korean" food as the real chinese/korean people are. As long as it taste good to me and they don't spit in my food I'll be okay. I could eat bulgogi and kalbi for days, don't really care much about the other stuff.

why do asians prefer taking a dump by squatting over a hole in the floor over sitting on a toilet?

do chinese people have first names? i dont understand mandarin or cantonese, but I never catch them referring to each other by their names (if they exist!).. it doesn't seem to be like here in NA for example

(obviously by this I mean actually in certain asian countries)

Guest jmatsu
are asian girls really more kinky then everyone one else?

and why do they all insist on wearing burberry and louis vitton?

no asian girls aren't really more kinky then everyone one else.

i don't know to many asian girls who wear burberry and lv. i know asian girls who own luis vuitoon accessories and bags though... can a person wear a bag. i guess they could put it on their head, but then they'd just look dumb.

why do asians prefer taking a dump by squatting over a hole in the floor over sitting on a toilet?

do chinese people have first names? i dont understand mandarin or cantonese, but I never catch them referring to each other by their names (if they exist!).. it doesn't seem to be like here in NA for example

(obviously by this I mean actually in certain asian countries)

Question 1: Save time. Asians are often frugal, and time is no exception. Why not take a dump and do squats at the same time to tone your legs and core muscles? Why settle for just for one when you can get an ass, legs, and abs of steel simultaneously? This way you can save your time and instead of working out, you can instead get an extra hour of working overtime instead.

Really...sitting down just to dump feces and then paying to go to a gym to exercise...puh-lease, that's just lazy and a waste of money.

Question 2: Yes asians do have first and last names. For example my name is Fook Yue. But asians often write and say names with their last/family name first. However, living in a western culture (NA), it depends on the situation in how I address it. If some random bugger asks me my name I reply "Fook Yue", toning the latter downward in a serious, menacing tone. If some cute girl asks, then I say "Yue, Fook", raising the latter in a question like tone.

This is also beneficial in another way in that if by chance my face gets punched or slapped, I get to naturally develop a rosy complexion for free on my otherwise pale self, thus saving money from using those ridiculously expensive tanning machines.

Unfortunately it's not a myth. The proof? One word.

Bukkake.

:(

wrong!

it's because some of the japanese men who get off seeing that stuff, hence the market providing their viewers with such fetishism.

asian girls in general like money, not money shots.