Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

jesus death

this is from last night

3 decks

http://www.keagan.org/music/051108.mp3

1:08:18

tracklist---

keagan- most people are into it, which is lovely

yapacc-n!ce -x

you can't - dance, ricky

keagan- methamphetamine -x

danton eepomm- to the bone -x

keagan- wanna fuck (what do you look like) -x

broken rules- going with feeling -x

keagan- post rocket pussy -x

keagan- sasha pivovarova

guido schneider- albertino

sascha dive- deep -x

kolombo- realistic -x

keagan- fucking cowboys and shit-x

domy- stonier -x

yelle- ce jeu -x

keagan- hazzee -x

magda- what ever it snakes -x

cassy- for you -x

keagan- kristy wallace -x

whats really good in electro, french house, hardstyle, and everything catchy/good/enjoyable + d'n'b these days? i'm getting my setup soon and i need some good mp3's to start off on some basic shit. i have plenty of minimal that i grabbed from keagan's WYLTT posts and jpgm, and ive got all your basic shit - but do tell - WHATS REALLY GOOD THESE DAYS?

whats really good in electro, french house, hardstyle, and everything catchy/good/enjoyable + d'n'b these days? i'm getting my setup soon and i need some good mp3's to start off on some basic shit. i have plenty of minimal that i grabbed from keagan's WYLTT posts and jpgm, and ive got all your basic shit - but do tell - WHATS REALLY GOOD THESE DAYS?

not hardstyle.

Don't listen what I listen to. Do some digging around decks.de, juno whatnot.

lately anything coming off of tuning spork is instant gold. footlovers music is doin good. couple new uzuri releases, lick my deck, sushitech, tsuba recs ...

start there

keagan just listened to your mix. i like it, it's a little laid back, more loungy? than i'm used to hearing around, but i suppose most of the places I hear dance are like clubs/private parties where everyone is mad about justice. your mix reminds me of this TINY afterhours party i went to in canada. good shit.

keagan just listened to your mix. i like it, it's a little laid back, more loungy? than i'm used to hearing around, but i suppose most of the places I hear dance are like clubs/private parties where everyone is mad about justice. your mix reminds me of this TINY afterhours party i went to in canada. good shit.

That's because 99% of LA parties are just a bunch of DJs playing Ed Banger like it's their job. Ocassionally we get some parties with stuff like this, usually thrown by the Droidbehavior guys, Compression (M_Nus party at the end of the month with Richie, Magda & Heartthrob), or Droog (Konrad Black, Guido Schneider & Seth Troxler coming up), but LA is mostly a wasteland for good techno.

Good mix, Keagan.

Maybe you guys can help me out... last night I heard a song and don't know what it was

it was in either treasure fingers or kill the noises dj set and they mixed it with minuit jacuzzi (data remix) lyrics go something like this:

"lets get drunk, lets get fucked up lets do drugs lets go out" or something like that

anyone know what i'm talking about?

Maybe you guys can help me out... last night I heard a song and don't know what it was

it was in either treasure fingers or kill the noises dj set and they mixed it with minuit jacuzzi (data remix) lyrics go something like this:

"lets get drunk, lets get fucked up lets do drugs lets go out" or something like that

we're gonna get down, we're gonna get drunk we're gonna get fucked and we're gonna make it out aliveeeeeeee

http://pandatoes.blogspot.com/2007/07/were-gonna-jam-it-all-tonight.html

???

That sounds like the MGMT song that I keep hearin on the radio!

Roboto- I haven't been in LA for awhile. I think it's because most people don't know of any other electronic music. Justice was advertised on freakin myspace. Most people won't even get into other Ed Banger shit.

Btw is there another way to get erol alkan mixes besides his podcast? A lot of those are really old, and to be honest I've only really liked the set he did at Oxygen in 06/2006

anyone else listening to Zeigeist? anyoneanyoneanyoneanyone? anyone?

They're beginning to grow on me. I was really turned of by how much they sounded like The Knife one the first few listens, but I'm really loving the album now.

does anyone have this song?

holden and thompson - nothing (93 returning mix) (silver city mix)

i have the tiesto version off the nyana mix but its not the one im looking for.

thanks

Guest larry

I'm not a fan of the ed banger or new (old) french sound, but it is good for electronic music as alot of people are starting to delve deeper into the vein.

Minimal is going out in Europe, deep house is back in a big way, thanks to Innervisions Ame etc. The big tune for the summer is going to be Laurent Garnier back to my roots. 12 minutes of pure house music at its best.

http://www.houseplanet.dj/index.php/April-2008/Laurent-Garnier-Back-To-My-Roots-EP.html

I'm not a fan of the ed banger or new (old) french sound, but it is good for electronic music as alot of people are starting to delve deeper into the vein.

Minimal is going out in Europe, deep house is back in a big way, thanks to Innervisions Ame etc. The big tune for the summer is going to be Laurent Garnier back to my roots. 12 minutes of pure house music at its best.

http://www.houseplanet.dj/index.php/April-2008/Laurent-Garnier-Back-To-My-Roots-EP.html

please. People we're saying the same shit last summer. "Play house, play house, play house". Instead people played old villalobos and perlon records. This summer people will still be playing latin infused minimal techno.

anyone else listening to Zeigeist? anyoneanyoneanyoneanyone? anyone?

I've caught a couple of tracks and they reminded me (as someone mentioned earlier) of The Knife except a little gayer, but only a little. I think I'd like it a lot more if it was way gayer because as it is it just struck me like a more generic version of The Knife.

Shorter review - Zeigeist: Not Gay Enough?

On a side note, after reviewing my Coachella experience and having caught the vast majority of the hyped indie-dance/electro, etc... groups / DJs / what-have-you the only one I think I'd ever bother seeing again was Simian Mobile Disco.

On a side note, after reviewing my Coachella experience and having caught the vast majority of the hyped indie-dance/electro, etc... groups / DJs / what-have-you the only one I think I'd ever bother seeing again was Simian Mobile Disco.

agreeeeeeed, I heard enough Daft punk, justice, and boys noize to last me quite a while. I really liked modeskeletor and aphex twin though; did you catch either of their sets?

Believe it or not, Moby does AMAZING dj sets, he really knows how to cater to the crowd, and I'm excited to see him again.

Also 12s remix of "I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance with You (Black Kids)" is dope:

www.myspace.com/the12s

Lifelike remix of "This Boy's in Love" (The Presets) is pretty good too

http://rcrdlbl.com/artists/The_Presets/download/This_Boys_In_Love_LifeLike_Remix

i am digging zeigeist almost more than i dug the knife.

zeigeist basically take the production skillz that the knife brought to their second, darker album and

applies that level of sonic fuckery to the knife's first album's poppiness.

it is just gay enough for me. motherfuckers, have you heard the synthguitar riff in

bunny? BAWONGAWONGAWONG, BAWONGAWONGAWONG.

and then the motherfucking chorus has these cumdripping synth lines that

sound like erasure on poppers. DINDINDI-DINDI-DI-DI-DINDI-DIN.

i put jade motel on and ended up sucking my own dick through my own asshole.

you guys need to get with this with the quickness.