indigo crush

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45rpm must really beat the crap out of jeans in that one wash, because the raw Jomons look freaking beautiful (the color of the denim, stitching, and patch), and the one wash look kinda boring. Its probably just the photography though.

I'd probably cave if I could confirm that the raws actually look like that. Well... and if I hadn't already picked my 2 pairs of denim for the year :P

Same boat as Lowrider. Every other jean on my "to get" list is either a click of the mouse, or proxy mail away from purchase (dependant on funds, of course). Except for the Jomon. That's one pair of jeans I'm going to have to see and touch in the flesh before I cop. I want to make the pilgrimage to Japan and try these on at (one of) the 45rpm stores. While I'm there, I also want to take a quick trip up to Okayama(?) where they have all them 1000 year old indigo dyeing museums. :)

@Beatle. Disappointed that I missed out on these (PRPS) at the Denimbar sale. Oh well... Next year. :o

this post reminded me that i need to post a picture of the pocket bags on the first run of Umii jeans. Patchworked together pieces from various Umii shirts all in suvin cotton. One of my favorite 45rpm denim details.

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

QUOTE=nettiemoore;553693]right now i think a pair of 45 rpm umiis would be a nice addition to my collection.

• 1 year later...
if i had to pick an "indigo crush", it would be my recently purchased Left Field tweed denim (Cone Mill's White Oak):

3656552422_d602b566f6.jpg

3655754365_4a383c5b50.jpg

3656553856_913aa2975d.jpg

The dude from Left Field (Chris McCann I believe) said that the tweed denim was sitting in storage at Cone and nobody wanted to buy it. Most clothing manufacturers thought it would be too rough and uncomfortable.

It isn't though, but that might be because I am a fuckin MAN with tons of testosterone.

The dude from Left Field (Chris McCann I believe) said that the tweed denim was sitting in storage at Cone and nobody wanted to buy it. Most clothing manufacturers thought it would be too rough and uncomfortable.

It isn't though, but that might be because I am a fuckin MAN with tons of testosterone.

That's interesting how most manufacturers weren't keen to this experimental fabric. However I was immediately intrigued when I heard Cone White Oak only made 600 yards of this tweed denim. Left Field did a great job turning the fabric into jeans, with their choice of hardware, cut, and details. I agree with you too, it doesn't feel rough at all when I wear it and I've worn other raw Japanese denim that felt rougher when raw.

3655755159_d4c160f5a0.jpg

love it.