waywt? saved my life

sycamore no more

well, yes and no.

people pull it off - pete doherty, originally was a levi's/tee shirt/leather jacket punk with a punk band, but then he came into his own as both a songwriter and a musical personality (and famous drug addict), and discovered that what he was wearing was already partly high fashion, just not with the designer labels. so he got some dior jeans and some nicer tee's, a nicer leather jacket, and became a fashion icon.

there are others though that don't pull it off with as much grace and swagger, because theres a certain attitude that they affect that causes them to think so highly of themselves and their look that they are above all. which leads to the concept of being overly contrived - which punk saught to do away with. punk basically wanted to be as sincere as possible, without coming across as a joke. most people originally thought it was a joke, but its lasted thus far, and shall continue to, because it sells clothes.

punk is foremost a state of mind and being, than a fashion. kurt cobain - jeans and flannel: defined punk in the 1990's. some music journalist just decided to call it "grunge" instead. but punk was grungy to begin with, so nothing really ever changed.

punk is attitude, state of mind and being, fashion, and lifestyle. some people incorporate some aspects of it, but how you come across physically and in appearance is how people are gonna label you "punk" or just "some dude wearing some ratty clothes."

excuse my sweeping generalizations.

this is sound and theory and reminds me the fucking argument about kanye west.

the attitude/lifestyle thing you've mentioned is spot on (accurate, everyone who listens to "punk" wants to tries to adhere, or at least wants to believe this), but how can we tell thru sets of random waywt posts? i am of a similar opinion, but i am unable to logically/eloqently define exaclty what swagger is in terms of the pics i fits/pics i often view on the board. it is difficult for me to define swagger (though i liberally use the term "swagger") if i do not personally interact with the subject (i wish i could explain these feelings). i mean when i see something put together i just feel it or i don't. it's kind of like a swagger/attitude-radar. some people are on the similar frequencies with i, thank goodness. can swagger be defined by a look or a vibe we get from a pic?

this is sound and theory and reminds me the fucking argument about kanye west.

the attitude/lifestyle thing you've mentioned is spot on (accurate, everyone who listens to "punk" wants to tries to adhere, or at least wants to believe this), but how can we tell thru sets of random waywt posts? i am of a similar opinion, but i am unable to logically/eloqently define exaclty what swagger is in terms of the pics i fits/pics i often view on the board. it is difficult for me to define swagger (though i liberally use the term "swagger") if i do not personally interact with the subject (i wish i could explain these feelings). i mean when i see something put together i just feel it or i don't. it's kind of like a swagger/attitude-radar. some people are on the similar frequencies with i, thank goodness. can swagger be defined by a look or a vibe we get from a pic?

i'd say swagger would have to be defined with a knowledge of both the person and their personality. the internet doesn't give us a good indication of who someone is, so we can't really ever know if they fit the image they portray, whether we like it or not.

just like beauty is in the eye of the beholder, we can never be certain until we actually meet a person.

i'd say swagger would have to be defined with a knowledge of both the person and their personality. the internet doesn't give us a good indication of who someone is, so we can't really ever know if they fit the image they portray, whether we like it or not.

just like beauty is in the eye of the beholder, we can never be certain until we actually meet a person.

it's been fun.

lastly at the end of the day like you said shit is all opinion. what it really comes down to is which members' opinons are respectable/credible and which ones are held in contempt...and opinons of those opinons are opinons. basically some of us just know, can smell bullshit, and share a similar conscious. but without a (superfuture)semi coherent opinion-based collective this board would be meaningless and too passive.

anyway your opinion this time seems to be one of validity...at least thats my opinion.

it's been fun.

lastly at the end of the day like you said shit is all opinion. what it really comes down to is which members' opinons are respectable/credible and which ones are held in contempt...and opinons of those opinons are opinons. basically some of us just know, can smell bullshit, and share a similar conscious. but without a (superfuture)semi coherent opinion-based collective this board would be meaningless and too passive.

anyway your opinion this time seems to be one of validity...at least thats my opinion.

twas, twas fun.

and yes, opinions are opinions.

but this ain't superopinion. this is superfuture aka the Borg Collective, mothafucka.

ehhh...by the way some people look in photos and the way they post, you'd think they'd have more swag irl, but a lot of that shit is contrived for the internetz. and then you got your people who seem mad low key, but they got swag comin out their nostrils irl.
NIGGA U TK BOUT ME??? U AINT SEEN REEEEEEL WAISTSIEEEED

liberation is lying. koreans hate blacks and as a result, will make fun of janitorz. lolZ!
WEHN DA WATTZ RIOT STRT AGIN IMMA RAID UR FUKIN STOR WIT MAH KRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

NIGGA FUK UR CONVENCIENCE SHIT IMMA JAK DA LECTRONICS SHOT BULLIT INDA HED DEN RIP UR TAPEZ NO EVIDENCE BLAD BUJP BUP BUP

is diss like sycmorenomore saying goodbye wif sales thread, and then coming back 8 weeks later. is icarus going to work at selfedge too? what the fuck, dont go cletus!

i just wish that silly sycamore dwarf was gone for good.

please, did someone save the nude photo that sycamore posted when he was trying to threaten someone by saying he was fit and he trained muay thay?it has been taken down since.

that shit was probably my favorite superfuture moment of all time

He had to defend his thunder thighs and pride. And what better way to do that than to take a picture with all your clothes off for guys on the internet.

Too bad i was working during the robi/popculture/punk discussion. I didn't neccessarily think he looked like MJ, but was merely just fucking around as i didn't have time before work as i definitely did get more of a punk vibe from the jacket than mj. I definitely think the jacket could work in a slightly different context(maybe different jeans and undershirt). Didn't s2a mention mj when describing the jacket? MJ was incredible back then though, i feel bad as there was mj bashing going on. The whole concept/discussion of swagger, personality in relation to outfits and what can be portrayed over the internet is an interesting talking point though.

That icarus shit is sad. And just hours after i learned he had a intense boston accent. Too bad.

damn that bathroom icarus has fuckin creepy. would be dope is like the picture has him hangin on a noose and wiht that sign there. shit be off the hook!

is diss like sycmorenomore saying goodbye wif sales thread, and then coming back 8 weeks later. is icarus going to work at selfedge too? what the fuck, dont go cletus!

that robideaux/MJ discussion was nice and long winded, wasnt it just...

for what its worth (ie not very much), i think the fit was great. and it would have shot up another few notches had his jeans been overdyed black or a straight grey rather than a faded wash.