waywt? saved my life

sycamore no more

that might have been the most ridiculous thing you've ever said, Meat Grinder. either you're very naive or a trust fund baby. paying for university ain't easy, tonnes of students work construction in the summers to pay off debt. not sure why you're surprised.

Why?

I've been a general construction labourer, I've been a professional drywaller, I spent this summer doing carpentry and renovation in cottage country. After that I moved to the city and got a job as a sales associate at a store that sells Comme de Garcons.

Having wide ranging experience isn't weird, it's interesting. I'm glad I have such a varied skillset. Once I graduate and leave labour and service jobs behind I think I'll be happy that I have not only sales and service experience, but can also do any basic renovation or building project that I'll ever come across.

Edit: and as doc worm said, I'm not a different person, the only diff between the guy I am in chainsaw chaps and the guy I am in a lab coat is how much cursing I do.

that might have been the most ridiculous thing you've ever said, Meat Grinder. either you're very naive or a trust fund baby. paying for university ain't easy, tonnes of students work construction in the summers to pay off debt. not sure why you're surprised.

apparently im not being too clear, i'll start with skiniks comment cause it's the most offensive to me; im not naive and im sure as fuck not a trust fund baby by any means (im dishwashing (!!!!!!!!!) right now to try and pay for school next year) .. as for what hali said, i've done construction, i've been a liftie at a ski resort, i've been a camp counsellor and obviously i've work in restaurants ... etc. etc. .. i love gaining new experience, and i fully support it, whatever your motives might be (money or purely for experience)

however, all i meant was that over the years, doing these random things ( mostly with guys who's high fashion experience is walking past the colognes/perfumes to get to the levis section of sears with their wife); while simultaneously trying to retain my interest in art design and clothes, that i've kept a balance, and tried to stay the same person,

whereas with doc. worm i get this impression that he's playing off his peers too much and not being himself ... not saying that's the case, just the impression i get, and im sure im not the only one

ok so with that said, your dish washing is going to affect your style judgment and you're going to become interested in aprons and dish towels now? i'd quit. it sounds like you're not being yourself, dress more like a dishwasher.

hahah no .. no not quite

either way, doc would catch some shit if his construction cronies saw him in some rick owens darkshadow gothninja shit

clo's got it

i honestly see where you're both coming from...meat, he's not dressing to match his lifestyle because you'd think that coming from a construction background he'd be more into workwear than some high fashion shit like ann D all drapey and dark

skins/hali, you're saying that you draw from experiences and don't necessarily have to fall into the social constructs of your career/job

you're both right, the end

now onto the real shit HOW TALL IS JOEY FORMAL

now onto the real shit HOW TALL IS JOEY FORMAL

honestly im not very tall at all i measure in right under 5' 10" poly is just bit short but nothing wrong with that. as for the giant business that would be will who has gotta be 6' 3"+ and phil who is at least 6'

I want to say a few things and then this discussion is going to stop and we're not going to clutter up the thread anymore. First of all, I don't really come from a "construction background." I worked the job for one summer (and probably will in summers to come). It's not like I was born and raised on the construction site. I'm sure I would catch shit from most of the people I knew there if I they saw me wearing certain things that I own, but I don't care. Why should I let that affect how I dress? I wear what I like and what I think suits me. Also, why can't different styles coexist? Someone can be interested in workwear and more avant garde things (take cotton/degute for example, if they are indeed the same guy). People shouldn't have to be categorized. And I don't think you got skiniks joke meatgrinder, which was quite well done I must say.

Also, I don't remember Joey being that tall :confused: Maybe my memory isn't too good. He was probably always sitting at the counter when I saw him though.

edit: ah, i see, that's about how tall i thought you were joey.

i'm around 6'4-6'6. i should really get myself measured.

yeah you got mad tall eh?

i'm officially taller than joey formal, so this begs the question, is poly as short as Diamonds/Tangerine?

oh, yeah, and cmirsky, i like your fits but man dat sweataz ugglyy