waywt? saved my life

sycamore no more

Introduction

Sexual harassment is sometimes difficult to define and recognize. Sexual harassment comes in many forms: verbal, physical, and emotional. What may be acceptable for one person may be inappropriate to another person. Simply stated, sexual harassment is in the eye of the beholder and should be taken seriously. Therefore, when does a look become a leer, a touch become a grope, a joke become a taunt, a tease become a harassment, or unwanted attention become too much? Many cases of sexual harassment go unreported by students.

This WebQuest will help you to know what sexual harassment is and what to do if it happens to you.

The Task

Ronnie is 17 years old and a Cooperative Business Education student at Cherokee High School employed at The Beckett Corporation—a large insurance company. While on the job, Ronnie becomes friendly with Rob in Accounting who is not in her department. Rob is 32 years old, married with three children. Rob stops by to talk and calls Ronnie several times during the day. He tells her how beautiful she is and compliments her about her professional dress. After a week or so, Ronnie begins to feel uncomfortable with all the attention Rob is paying her. He persistently asks her to lunch and Ronnie declines. She does not feel comfortable talking to her supervisor or her co-op teacher. Rob is becoming more persistent offering to walk Ronnie to her car at the end of the day. She starts to feel very uncomfortable with this situation because Rob is constantly asking her out and Ronnie does not know what to do.

How are the following people affected in the above situation?

1. Rob as the sexual harasser persistent in his advances

2. Ronnie as the victim of sexual harassment

3. Her supervisor’s role in addressing the problem and the company’s responsibility

Using the internet, research the following questions:

Questions

1. What constitutes “sexual harassment”?

2. How is a victim’s work ethic affected by sexual

harassment?

3. What strategies can Ronnie use toward Rob?

4. What are some examples of verbal, physical and

environmental sexual harassment?

5. Research sexual harassment cases and their verdicts.

6. When does flirting end and sexual harassment begin—

what is the difference?

7. How would Ronnie go about filing a complaint?

8. What clues in the environment signal that sexual

harassment exists?

9. Why are victims reluctant to report sexual

harassment?

Text Box: In Fiscal Year 2004, EEOC received 13,136 charges of sexual harassment. 15.1% of those charges were filed by males. EEOC resolved 13,786 sexual harassment charges in Fiscal Year 2003 and recovered $37.1 million in monetary benefits for charging parties and other aggrieved individuals (not including monetary benefits obtained through litigation).

10. What action must her supervisor take?

Have this completed by noon and e-mail your findings, wEstSidE.

waat/??? U R NOT PHSYICAL ENTITEY???? DEN U MSUT B LYK COMPUTER GALATEA????

hahahaha... yeah i'm only your imagination. none of these are real. lol.

anyways, i'm cool with westside's comment. sexual harrasmant is kinda too far. but ktothe, true that is kinda too long for westside. he won't get it. hehe.;)

anyways, i'm cool with westside's comment. sexual harrasmant is kinda too far. but ktothe, true that is kinda too long for westside. he won't get it. hehe.;)

Its all a lie. Homeboy has fire side chats with Cornell West about complex social issues over tea and a nice cigar.

Its all a lie. Homeboy has fire side chats with Cornell West about complex social issues over tea and a nice cigar.
WTF LOL???? dat nigga stole my 10 dollaz in a craps...u meen cornell west who liv in north ward trenton?? rite???

Yes I can do that... will post them in that original thread about bad stuff you are compelled to buy or whatever...

Make sure to PM me to lemme know when the pics are up.

this paddock is a fenced section of farm land behind my workroom

the tee is a toy love tee by little brother

toy love are an old newzealand band that were on the label flying nun and little brother have licence to do flying nun tees

Okay, I guess you are allowed to wear those sneakers while frollicking around your paddock .. but not out in society. No way.

Toy Love .. hm. I have not heard any of their material before, do you have any of their stuff on your computer?

It is light so the absence of that light would create a darker area that I would define a shadow. discuss...

edit: thinking about it more, it prolly wont... lasers dont cast shadows... hmm... heh...

edmond!?!?!?!

b i z z y

i am trying to picture the scene in the morning...you are getting dressed for a day of jediness...perfectly camouflaged for a day in the desert climes of tatooine...the wrap is perfectly suited...what with the cold nights as the two suns set...

you have your trusty light saber just in case you should happen upon some evil agents of the empire working to enslave your people.. one appears..you press the button.. out pops a deadly shaft of lavender light...lavender...wait...with navy tights???

perhaps a courageous choice of hosiery...in the circumstance

I AIN'T THE NlCEST MC

I AIN'T CORNEL WEST

I AM CORNEL WESTSIDE

CHI TOWN GUEVARA

MALCOM EXCERCISE THE DEMONS

GANGSTER LEANIN'

imagine i gave you +rep for that

and yea cornel west is a council member in the matrix. and in the special edition dvd set theres an option to listen to him talk about shit you won't understand while the movie is playing.