macbook info

rabka

does anybody know when apple is going to refresh the cinema display line ?

I didn't hear a specific date but it has to be soon. Might be as early as June but I think not later than August (they have to come out this year). I heard about built in iSight and few other gimmicks.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the only real downside I find personally with Apple laptops and other various products. I feel whatever I buy that in less than a year it will be upgraded. I have a Macbook Pro purchased on March 2008 (The newest release with multi-touchpad) now I'm hearing rumors of another upgrade this summer. It's sort of disappointing to hear especially when I've only had this for a few months. Although the upgrade/refresh might not be amazing I am someone who thrives on having the latest and newest product.

The same with my iPhone, I bought one and then only a few weeks later Apple released a newer version. I couldn't trade it in and had to sell it privately off Craigslist.

Also I wouldn't listen to those rumor sites like Appleinsider and Macrumors. What a joke those sites are. They have absolutely no credibility or inside sources to their stories. Back in December 2007 they were saying "New Macbook Pros on Tuesday!!! Woot!" Then it wasn't actually released until late February 2008. They had all these predictions about a black keyboard, new look, onscreen touchpad, etc etc. Then the upgrade didn't include any of that.

It's the same with PC hardware... I bought my macbook when it got released, and I felt bad at each update. But after all, will a 300mhz bump, a new trackpad or very little details change your experience ? It will just reduce your laptop value on the market...

The only thing is, when they completly refresh the design and component architecture your mac feels old and... you want the new one.

And I don't think they're going to refresh the design to look like the macbook air, because it is how powerbooks looked 5 years ago.

Ok macheads, I need some opinions - my aunt has offered to buy me my laptop for school next year, and I've already decided on a mac because, well, they won't go to shit within six months unlike most PC's. I'm not unexperienced with mac's as I work with them at school, my brother has one, most of my friends have them, etc., but I'm wondering whether I should get a regular Macbook, or go for the Pro. I don't think money is a problem as its a gift, but if I was to get the Pro, I'd get the baseline one:

• 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  • 2GB memory
  • 200GB hard drive1
  • Double-layer SuperDrive
  • NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB

That one is $2k. I do want to do some DJing, some art, as well as a whole lot of photography/Photoshop and related stuff, and possibly even film (FinalCut). Should I go with the Pro, or are all of these things well in hand with a standard Macbook?

Sorry if this is sorta a "everyone asks this question" question. Polish, maybe you could enlighten me to the ups/downs/all arounds?

1. Get the ultimate 15” aka the higher end 15” MBP with the better graphics mem and use your student discount.

2. Then go to macsales.com and get 4GB (2x2) ram for your MBP.

3. ??

4. Profit.

1. Get the ultimate 15†aka the higher end 15†MBP with the better graphics mem and use your student discount.

2. Then go to macsales.com and get 4GB (2x2) ram for your MBP.

3. ??

4. Profit.

haha, you sound like underpants knomes Sid.

The thing is, I believe I'm getting this directly from Mac via a family friend who works out in California, so I'm sure there's some sort of discount coming from that connection. I don't wanna take advantage of the whole gifting part of this grad present, but she told me to name the specs I wanted. I don't wanna break the bank though.

I'm getting 15" regardless. The keyboard on the 13" is too fucking small for my ginormous hands.

If you're getting 15" than you're getting MBP (Macbook comes only in 13"). Sidney is right get the best 15" MBP with 2.5GHz and the 512MB video, ram you can buy later for cheap. Also stick with the standard HD (250GB in that case) and get yourself a bigger external for backup (also cheap right now).

No, I don't work for apple (I did for a little, long time ago). I work in IT and know a lot of people. Some of them work for apple and sometimes we have drinks together.

dont wanna ask u something u dont want to answer, but do u know anything about a macbook air refresh this summer or fall?

and also, im assuming these rumors about an aluminum macbook this june are false, but i cant help but wonder...do you have any info on this?

I'm looking to buy something pretty portable this fall for school so i naturally looked to the macbook air and was planning on purchasing it during the buy a mac get a free ipod/printer summer promotion (assuming, they still do it this year). But then i hear this rumor about an aluminum macbook...and now im wondering if this thing will be any lighter than the current macbook models... and now im reconsidering this whole macbook air purchase :confused: goddamn apple

• 2 weeks later...

I figured I'd bump this incase anyone was looking for bags.

I was having trouble finding a good laptop bag that would hold more than just my laptop. I needed something for my wacom tablet, sketchbooks, power adapter, mouse, keyboard, etc. I just got a bag from Booq, http://www.booqbags.com/ I purchased the Mamba Sling in brown. Fast shipping, quality is thick and sturdy, tons of pockets, the sleeve for the laptop is slim so it'd not bouncing around. It's a great bag and they have a wide choice of bags for other size Apple laptops.

I guess if anyone is seeking a laptop case I'd recommend those. The price is great for the quality.

Guest No Handclaps Please

i've never seen the matte..

are there any pictures online that show any kind of difference between the two?