australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

denim worlds apart? what do you mean by that? are the PBJ's worth it?

and do you have the take 5 link? i cant seem to find it on google.

Sorry, what I meant is that the denim on the PBJ is thick and slubby and heavier - while the DH is smoother, softer and thinner. I'm not saying one is better then the other - they are different in good ways which could warrant the purchase of both.

Take5 - You will probably find the Jeans cheaper through other means, I purchased them while I was in store because I wanted to try a range of fits in Jap brands. They are very helpful though.

You really can't get into tank with sneakers? I have been twice in the last 4 years and they were cool with sneakers.

I remember seeing something that resembles a charcoal peacoat at Saba, don't know whether it fits the high quality, low price criteria that you are looking for though. It could have been just an single breasted overcoat rather than a double breasted peacoat, I didn't pay that much attention.

The one you saw is a wool Melton coat. It is indeed double breasted and is peacoat length, military styling with epaulettes - rrp is $499. It is european yarn but made in China and fairly slim fitting.

I can get you 35% off full price stuff at Saba.... sufu discount ;)

styleofmind, I think you should really look into getting those Dior's soonish. I have a feeling when the KVA DH lines start coming in, Hedi-era denim will become rare and expensive.

I dont expect KVA to leave the current denim cuts untouched. Maybe they will be better, maybe they will be worse...who knows.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing re: buying my DH now.

I have a feeling they will keep the same cuts for a while because they are basically a core item for the brand and sell faster then anything else so it seems but I dont want to take the risk I guess...

I've never paid that much coin for jeans before...

Yeah I read that today. My girlfriend will kill me if I buy another pair of jeans....

... I am bitch whipped.

homme, if you're gonna get jeans from TheGrapist, i dont mind sharing cost of shipping.

DH21's MIJ's raw indigo :D.

it seems a lot cheaper than what i'd pay at Assin in melbourne [my most likely source right now]

500 for a peacoat... mmm.... even with 35% off, that's still what? 350ish haha. pretty pricey.

plus im looking at a tiffany 1837 bracelet/cuff thingo. that's another 500.

dilemmas... but i think the DH's are definitely my priority right now. PBJ's... not unless i can try them on in a size i'd appreciate and be comfortable with. i have this thing about online shopping haha.

Grapist uses prepaid global priority envelopes, so i am not sure how combined shipping will work for u guys?

now that ive read TheGrapist's thread, you're right.

but we pay by paypal right? and i dont have paypal or C-card access so i can only use cash.

which is about 70% of the reason i dont net shop.

i thought the jeans were retailing at 560aud? (for the MIJ ones)

u only need a bank account to use paypal, to either withdrawal or receive funds, so i'd recommend registering with paypal it makes life much easier

Why don't you guys buy a pair off supermarket? There seems to be alot on sale recently for really good prices. Some guy was selling a pair of MIJ for as low as 200usd!

yea, i got a pair of black MIJ 19cms for 180shipped, only thing thats puts me off is that they were hemmed, otherwise in mint condition

The Grapist uses Google Checkout. Pretty faultless system. He is a good guy.

I caved and stopped in at Calibre this evening. Ended up getting a pair of 100% wool flat-fronted suit pants to match my jacket. $300 down to $250. Great feeling pants, makes me want to (god forbid!) give up jeans for a while.

David Jones has some nice Filippa K raw black jeans for $250. There is a 30x36 still there if anyone is interested. Very similiar in material and construction to my 19cm black diors, cant comment on the fit though cause I take about a 32 waist typically. Nice jeans though.

I wanted a F.K jacket...any kind really but they had little in the way of those at DJ's this time. Incu TGV had a nice 1 button blazer but it was too big. I liked some of the Raf stuff in incu this time especially. Hate the store though.

^ yea the RAF in incu is good . esp the polos and they had the raf shorts !! the price put moi off tho . 200+ and not my size sz 32 .

went to DJ and got myself Hanes 'beefy' tees . simply love it and its bloody cheap for 13 bucks . value for $$ and quality plain tee . AA is overpriced in syd

whats wrong with the Incu store???

The staff are snooty and arrogant. Now I will go out of my way to buy the same stuff elsewhere if I can, but certain things like Raf you are limited. I dont think I have ever been acknowledged in Incu TGV and the store aint exactly bustling with customers.

Part of the reason I like calibre so much is that the guys there have always been friendly, they dont have this elitist vibe that Incu people seem to have. I have spent heaps at calibre since and they always remember repeat customers and make them feel welcome.

Saba is also good as far as employee's goes.

Incu staff have always been nice to me although they can't always answer my questions.

Calibre staff are nice, I havent shopped there for ages though. Kinda like cavorting with the enemy since I work for Saba.

Nice to hear that about Saba staff comma, which store in particular?

Saba people are nice in all the stores Ive been in. The girls are pretty too.:)

I tend to visit the Pitt street one most frequently. Cool that you work there. Maybe youve helped me before I knew about superfuture.