australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

got my hands on a supreme box tee.

now debating between a pair of dior homme 21's or PBJ xx-005's.

only problem being that PBJ's are so much harder to get. but they're really interesting me atm.

any thoughts of shoes that would look great on these?

problem with sydney is that sneakers arent very well looked upon and i need a comfortable midpoint.

fellow sydney sufu-ers have any opinions?

pbj's are hard to get? just use a JP proxy!

regarding the shoe selection to match these jeans, i reckon u've got quite a large selection, ranging from normal chucks to vans to visvims to red wings, basically anything really, lo-cut, hi-top, sneakers, boots, etc etc etc

if u think chucks are too common then u can always get the Visvim Kiefers, which are nice

logans Hi's to replace sk8 hi's and logan mid's to replace the half-cabs

FBTs for an unique look

otherwise brands like Common Projects have nice sneakers, umbro KJ if u like them, raf simons (hi or lo), swear, adidas vintage superstars, nike AM's, Dior homme sneakers, converseXvarvatos, the list goes on

if u r looking for something less common, check out zozo.jp, they've got some interested sneakers (e.g. patent leather keds)

only problem being that PBJ's are so much harder to get. but they're really interesting me atm.

Not that hard to get. I bought mine while o/s but you can easily get them shipped over. The good people at Take5 will gladly accept orders via email and will help you with sizing.

What shoes? Any that you like. I dont see why its harder to match a shoe with PBJ then with dior.21?

The denim on the two pairs are worlds apart so you could easily slot both into your waredrobe. I'm just waiting for a bit of time to pass before I get a pair of 19cm mij - no room to slot another pair in the rotation at the moment.

Anyone interested in Calibre, they are having a sale at the moment. Up to 50% off selected items apparently. I havent had the chance to check out the stores though yet.

pbj's are hard to get? just use a JP proxy!

regarding the shoe selection to match these jeans, i reckon u've got quite a large selection, ranging from normal chucks to vans to visvims to red wings, basically anything really, lo-cut, hi-top, sneakers, boots, etc etc etc

if u think chucks are too common then u can always get the Visvim Kiefers, which are nice

logans Hi's to replace sk8 hi's and logan mid's to replace the half-cabs

FBTs for an unique look

otherwise brands like Common Projects have nice sneakers, umbro KJ if u like them, raf simons (hi or lo), swear, adidas vintage superstars, nike AM's, Dior homme sneakers, converseXvarvatos, the list goes on

if u r looking for something less common, check out zozo.jp, they've got some interested sneakers (e.g. patent leather keds)

yeah i mean... some clubs eg. tank, wont allow a pair of "sneakers" in so that creates a problem. i thought of getting a pair of red leather shoes but we'll see. on that note, i purchased a pair of Vans Syndicates [the skate hi's] from Supply yesterday. they're on 50% sale people! dont sleep.

might get half cabs next. we'll see what happens.

Not that hard to get. I bought mine while o/s but you can easily get them shipped over. The good people at Take5 will gladly accept orders via email and will help you with sizing.

What shoes? Any that you like. I dont see why its harder to match a shoe with PBJ then with dior.21?

The denim on the two pairs are worlds apart so you could easily slot both into your waredrobe. I'm just waiting for a bit of time to pass before I get a pair of 19cm mij - no room to slot another pair in the rotation at the moment.

denim worlds apart? what do you mean by that? are the PBJ's worth it?

and do you have the take 5 link? i cant seem to find it on google.

why dont u get a pair of leather sneakers, the smart casual type

how much are the Vans at supply?

^ i think he meant is that u cant really group the pbjs and diors together ( i assume u want the 005 cut?) i am sure the denim on the PBJs will be high quality whereas the diors might have a more unque fit?

leather sneakers? eg?

im not very... formal but yeah haha.

the syndicates cost me 100bucks. down 50% from 200 and they still have heaps of sizes and stuff.

PAM, silas tees were going at $50. supreme bronx bull tee sz L, white was going for $50.

uhm... a whole bunch of random tees in there too.

plus new visvim stock. it's a good time to drop by supply.

yes i'm definitely getting DH21's.

but im weighing up PBJ XX-005's vs Samurai XX0050 [sp?]

yeah i mean... some clubs eg. tank, wont allow a pair of "sneakers" in so that creates a problem.

and do you have the take 5 link? i cant seem to find it on google.

Are your current sneakers realy that bad? i get into tank all the time just wearing some beat up vans.

its www.take5jeans.com

also did they have the syndicate chukka's still?

definetely take ur time to think abt which pair of jeans u really want, otherwise u will end up like me, cycling thru pairs of denim and end up having to get rid of them for cheap since they are not getting much wear at all (since abt Sep 06)

imperial dukes -> julian red cali -> APC new cures ->nudie slim kim -> ande whall -> julian red hoboken -> april 77 joey-> dior 19 MIJ

leather sneakers? eg?

im not very... formal but yeah haha.

the syndicates cost me 100bucks. down 50% from 200 and they still have heaps of sizes and stuff.

PAM, silas tees were going at $50. supreme bronx bull tee sz L, white was going for $50.

uhm... a whole bunch of random tees in there too.

plus new visvim stock. it's a good time to drop by supply.

yes i'm definitely getting DH21's.

but im weighing up PBJ XX-005's vs Samurai XX0050 [sp?]

Fucking hell. All these sales...just after ordering USD$200 worth of AA and a $600 leather jacket. I would have liked to spend at Our Spot.

Since I didn't get an answer before, does anyone know where to get a slim cut black blazer/suit jacket for less than 200? Doesn't have to be all that high quality. Also does anyone know where to get some decent suspenders for cheap? Preferably skinny ones.

^ it'll be pretty hard to find something in the shops for less than 200. I have a Zara blazer which I bought in HK last year, I've never worn it. I might be able to let it go (send me a pm)

otherwise you might need to do some thrifting and get the jacket tailored to your liking

hey guys...

i'm heading to sydney in the first week of july for a few days, seems like i'm gonna miss out on all the sales both in Sydney and down here seeing i got exams atm haha

Just off the top of your head i was hoping to see which shops would u classify as 'must go' and whereabouts are they? i've probably got 1 full day of shopping available in the CBD.

Oh and i'm from melbourne, so will be interesting to see how you guys compare :D

Are your current sneakers realy that bad? i get into tank all the time just wearing some beat up vans.

its www.take5jeans.com

also did they have the syndicate chukka's still?

cheers fella. my vans skate hi's are in MINT condition. i could probably pass them off as new. bastard bouncer said that sneakers werent allowed. then again, i AM asian so maybe...

thats what i hear about Tank anyway. yeah they had syndicates everything when i checked. half cabs look DOPE.

definetely take ur time to think abt which pair of jeans u really want, otherwise u will end up like me, cycling thru pairs of denim and end up having to get rid of them for cheap since they are not getting much wear at all (since abt Sep 06)

imperial dukes -> julian red cali -> APC new cures ->nudie slim kim -> ande whall -> julian red hoboken -> april 77 joey-> dior 19 MIJ

woah thats a lotta denim. but yeah definitely i'll think about it... i wear my stuff a bit loose so perhaps i'll get the PBJ's or samurais. DH 21's.... i dont know if im ready for that yet! haha.

you guys seem like the right bunch to ask. where'd you reckon i could get a nice peacoat? i'm looking for a heather grey one. high quality, low price! haha.

you guys seem like the right bunch to ask. where'd you reckon i could get a nice peacoat? i'm looking for a heather grey one. high quality, low price! haha.

I remember seeing something that resembles a charcoal peacoat at Saba, don't know whether it fits the high quality, low price criteria that you are looking for though. It could have been just an single breasted overcoat rather than a double breasted peacoat, I didn't pay that much attention.

If only Zara opened up in Sydney, then we wouldn't have all these problems of finding cheap, half decent quality jackets, blazers, peacoats etc!