dumadiscount

australia :: sydney :: shopping

Agreed.

The breakfast @ Le monde is really good too, and cheap.

^ big call! personally i think le monde on foveaux street is the best, both in terms of their baristas (insane knowledge) and the beans they source. i had major withdrawal when i stopped working nearby.

^ big call! personally i think le monde on foveaux street is the best, both in terms of their baristas (insane knowledge) and the beans they source. i had major withdrawal when i stopped working nearby.

Yeah, but I like my coffee low fuss, and that includes not heading to Surry Hills haha. The caveat is that my recommendations don't apply for take-away, gotta have it there.

As for breakfast, the bacon and egg roll with chilli jam from 'Toast' in Surry Hills is freakin amazing.

Edited by Ivans On High

not Bills for sure, Kazbah's brunch banquet maybe?

has anyone eaten breakfast at kazbah's without the banquet?

hey guys, i just moved from melbourne -- wondering if there any good cobblers around in sydney that i could trust with guidis/domas?

i know brisbane is completely devoid of skilful cobblers, whereas the melbourne ones are awesome.

anyone got a favourite place in sydney that isnt mister minit?

help would be appreciated! =D

awwsome! thanks bro! im gonna have to check out those food places + coffee that you guys been talking about...

maybe i've had bad a bad experience there but bills is pretty average in my opinion. if you find yourself in that area i would just go to bourke st bakery!

I found BSB to be average every time I go yet there are lines out the door.. I prefer Four Ate Five on Crown St, though their food was a bit subpar last I went unfortunately.

Agreed.

The breakfast @ Le monde is really good too, and cheap.

Thanks I'll give this place a try next time i'm in Sydney :)

I found BSB to be average every time I go yet there are lines out the door.. I prefer Four Ate Five on Crown St, though their food was a bit subpar last I went unfortunately.

four ate five is good. there is a place almost across the road from BSB which is pretty good to although over priced from memory.

anyone been to Kitchen by Mike?

that free afternoon never eventuated but thanks for all the suggestions, guys. i'll be sure to swing by next time, homme.

four ate five is good. there is a place almost across the road from BSB which is pretty good to although over priced from memory.

anyone been to Kitchen by Mike?

Yep , the food is really good but it's a bit pricey.

Servings are small but the food is really simple and fresh. Kind of out of the way though.

Used to love BSB but haven't been a while. Loved the chorizo and thyme rolls!

Blackstar pastry in Newtown is good.

Wilbur's Place is good but prices have gone up since they have opened.

Anyone been to The Apollo or Nield Ave?

second blackstar pastry, I love the place to bits.

had lunch at 4 fourteen midweek, really nice fitout and the service and food were good, servings were pretty small though.

I feel like I've said this before, Jaypee, but you should really get a new avatar.

Anyone been to .... Nield Ave?

Yep, been a few times. It's received bad reviews but I like it a lot. From what I've read most negative reviews are biased due to long waiting times. The food is good and the price is reasonable in my opinion, large serving size etc

I feel like I've said this before, Jaypee, but you should really get a new avatar.

Why is that?

Its sad that you view our flag in such a light, but there you go.

Better? Or does this one evoke some racist paranoia too?

Edited by JayPee

Edited by jackg

On a currently unrelated note, is there anywhere is Sydney to get mid priced furniture? i.e. better then ikea, freedom etc but not as much as dedece, hub, space etc etc. Looking to get a few things for the spare room/office. first thing im looking for is a bookcase which i though would be easy but I can't find anything.

@homme.homme, hows the stock on undercover jacket at assin?

really nothing much but but we are expecting another drop of a few things. you looking for something specific?

I heard about a place called pieces or Pathway on Dixon st. Anyone know if it's still there and how to find it