australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

Far out, Im trying to buy tickets on ebay. But im having second thoughts, not sure if i can trust them. Wat are the chances of buying a fake ticket? and that it wouldnt scan on that day.

[EDIT] OMG, some of them are e-tickets, whos to say after i purchase off them that they wouldnt use it as well on that day?

Far out, Im trying to buy tickets on ebay. But im having second thoughts, not sure if i can trust them. Wat are the chances of buying a fake ticket? and that it wouldnt scan on that day.

[EDIT] OMG, some of them are e-tickets, whos to say after i purchase off them that they wouldnt use it as well on that day?

It's a risky business. I've heard pros and cons about buying tickets off eBay auctions, some of my mates have lost money doing it, but usually just because of buying from a seller with no feedback or bad feedback. I've also had to sell an eticket on there before.

Guess it's case by case, there is no hard and fast rule.

Just get information of the person, when I sold it the girl I sold to was really scared I was ripping her off. I gave her my licence details to reassure her. I really felt bad for her, she ended up sending me a massive sob-story email about how her mum was dying and it was her last gift to her etc. etc. and if I'd given her a fake just to tell her. Spooky.

Make sure you check out their feedback. Generally a legit seller with lots and lots of positive feedback isn't going to decide to randomly shaft someone.

japanese imports that contravene levi's trademarks don't really exist in australia. although I'm 60% certain i read in a post on sufu that the trademark thingy only applies to the US. assuming that, if you proxied some skulls for instance, you'd get the ones with the tabs and not the little cross/dagger. Or, you might get the flatheads where you can remove the extra stitching etc.

^ yea chat thai has a massive line, mostly thais and half the line isn't there because their names are on the list and they're waiting elsewhere. decor is really nice too for the amount of money you're paying. also add kickass desserts not on the menu, cute waitstaff sometimes, aluminium cups they serve water in...

the other thai joint i go to is more expensive and the food isn't that much to shout about. sussex thai is packed with thais and there's usually a live band playing thai songs interspersed with happy birthdays, also EPL and they open till 3am serving alcohol. everyone leaves at 3am. its more for the rowdy bangkok bar kinda steez and good for groups and being a friendly place where the waitresses have cute uniforms.

that said, i'm gonna check out spice i am after hearing good things about it.

sounds like your looking for Japanese jeans than!

Nothing like that in Sydney, altho my mate told me about a store called Boys Brushed Indigo but I can't find any info on it - I heard they sell Japanese jeans tho, like Skull and PBJ.

Try blueingreensoho.com they have good range/pricing/shipping/measurements/service.

would sometihng like the RRDS be able to be dressed up? I'm not sure how the boot cut would look on some formal shoes.

what about APC?

i have new cures, and i couldn't move at first, but nw they are more like straight leg jeans rather than skin jeans.

and they are easy to dress up....and they don't have over the top pocket detailing either. :P

I agree with Matay, Superhero. Sounds like you're looking for APC. The minimalist design means you can pull it off as a bit more high end than if you had crap stitched all over your ass pockets.

The problem then becomes the fact that you don't have any APC in Sydney. I've seen a couple pairs at Incu but some were the stone washed version I think. Or some kind of wash; either way they were pre-faded and pretty disgusting in my opinion. Other than that I can't think of anywhere that carries them.

So that leaves you online options, but I've heard even denim bar and the other online stores run out of APC pretty quick in the most common sizes.

Speaking of sizes if you don't know a lot about APC here you go:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=45979

Any question you have, that page will answer it.