australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

AA's not too overpriced, and my lame comeback for wearing AA is that it's not made in sweatshops.

On another note, does anyone have any information on that Australian made raw denim brand? I saw some of it at Another Inch and it seemed pretty heavy but I can't remember the name of it.

Oh and does anyone know a store that would sell cleaner for suede shoes?

IMPERIAL IT IS!

get your AA from www.fullystoked.com its BETTER and cheaper.

Paying anything more than $20 for AA is bullshit. It's not even that great quality: HOWEVER sweatshop free and organics are a step forward to corporate social responsibility. Hopefully one day there won't be a premium for that, and it will become more and more the standard.

The bond's wifebeaters are awesome. $5.60 from woolies and even cheaper in BigW.

Hey guys.

Just dropped in to do some shameless self-promotion here.

Having an event @ Vbar on the 29th of this month.

I'll cut to the chase and just drop the important details that you guys might want to hear. Basically, it's chill breaks/house in the front and hip hop out the back. Kinda sorta organizing it with a mate who works for Apple so there'll be heaps of Apple giveaways, iPods etc. [speaking of which, anyone who wants Macs etc. can speak to me... I think I get 15% off]

Prizes for "Best dressed male" [You guys should win this hands down], "Best dressed female" [We have any females on this thread?] and "Best Personality" [which doesn't really mean anything does it?]

So anyhow, this is my first event, and it'd be great if you guys could come down and show some support! Send in a guestlist and I'll put it up for you guys! Be more than happy to do that. If you want a more or less official invite, add me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=818630149

add me here by the way.

Oh and, it's free entry with a flyer before 10pm or something, and... I've got like 300 under my bed. So if you want, I'm happy to meet you guys early, sneak you guys the flyers so that everyone gets in free!

Found the DJ list!

HOUSE/BREAKS

DJ Lilo - DJ Disco D

RnB/ HIP HOP/ OLD SKOOL

DJ Sefu - DJ Mo - DJ C-Zero-

DJ Jhunboy - DJ Reano - on rotation

So yeah, let me know if you guys would like to come! Could be a little Sydney-Sufu meet up. Plus it's all organized already. Haha.

AA's not too overpriced, and my lame comeback for wearing AA is that it's not made in sweatshops.

On another note, does anyone have any information on that Australian made raw denim brand? I saw some of it at Another Inch and it seemed pretty heavy but I can't remember the name of it.

Oh and does anyone know a store that would sell cleaner for suede shoes?

about 240 i think..but why would you bother when Another Inch in darlinghurst is selling Imperial Dukes and Kings for $180...

SPOT BLOWNZZ!

Also just letting people know an American Apparel is opening on Oxford St..

Also sadly orson & blake is closing down in Surrey Hills.. Well the downstairs clothing section...so this will be the last shipment in it appears...

D:

look..........

Was at Incu today and I quite like some of the Rittenhouse things. I swear though, people keep shrinking and shrinking. Was looking at an APC jacket and thinking to myself "This is like a girls XS" and its a men's L. Ridiculous.

Does anyone know how much the CDG Play tees go for at Ourspot?

Was at Incu today and I quite like some of the Rittenhouse things. I swear though, people keep shrinking and shrinking. Was looking at an APC jacket and thinking to myself "This is like a girls XS" and its a men's L. Ridiculous.

Does anyone know how much the CDG Play tees go for at Ourspot?

Yeah I tried on the APC Summer peacoat in a L and it just fit me across the shoulders, but the buttons were slightly pulling. I wear a 40-42 in most jackets and a M in AA. I've read here that APC is vanity sized...

IIRC the CDG Play tees were ~$130.

Hey Ben. Joey Formal, a user on here on sufu is always wearing s2a - I think the store he works for stocks them. He might be able to proxy some items for you.

I went in to south west trader yesterday to pick up the chronicles trackies - sold out of black already! luckily they're getting a restock soon. They had some steel blue ones which were still really nice but i would rather the black.

Incu a tgv is closing for reno soon.

Incu a tgv is closing for reno soon.

NNNOOOOOOOOO! it's most convenient one to get too!

but if they put on a good sale, they will be forgiven.

i wanted the Edie Sedgwick tshirt from there, which i saw earlier this week, ut when i went back yesterday afternoon, they were gone in the size i wanted.

there were tears!

NNNOOOOOOOOO! it's most convenient one to get too!

but if they put on a good sale, they will be forgiven.

I doubt that they will have a sale. probably just hold the stock untill they reopen as i dont imagine they will be closed for that long. maybe give some stock to the oxford st store. I found out because i asked when the chronicles stuff was going to arrive and they said that they just got a delivery but it will only go to oxford st because they are going to renovate.

anyone seen that red and white striped long button up on the right hand corner of the INCU store let me know what the brand is because i cant remember.. Might have been Band of Outsiders, hmm..

if you want to buy it for me feel free..hah ..oh.. hmm

P.S. new CON woop!

My Saturday night out really highlighted the lack of decent places to go in Sydney. After attending a friend's performance at a club, another mate of ours got kicked out for being too inebriated and we roamed the city for an hour looking for a decent place to go have drinks.

I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction here. I've yet to come across any nice bars in Sydney city but really, I'm looking for a few places that fill the following criterion.

1) Decent crowd. That is to say, no kids running around wearing Industrie and that tacky as hell hairstyle where they put ridiculous blond streaks. Mullets, rat tails and people with too much product in their hair need not apply.

2) Great music. Not sticking to any particular genre, but when sitting down and having drinks, I've always been a fan of quiet french jazz.

3) Drinks menu that extends beyond house bourbon and coke and Carlton Draught on tap.

4) Not really important, but food would be great. Came upon a Japanese bar awhile ago [Washington D.C.] that had drinks and great finger food at late hours. Yebisu and sashimi versus Toohey's and kebabs. Not a real hard decision.

So anyway, would be grateful if people could tell me where their favourite hang outs in the city are, great places to go relax. Oh and I forgot.

5) They don't close late and don't have stupid entry systems like "TOO MANY GUYS" or "MEMBERS ONLY".

yeh thats not a bad place...pricey though.. I can never remember alot of the small places.. I seem to stop in and they are full of suits after work..if i remember any i will post em up..

I can't for the life of me remember but yeh a few near the Sydney Theatre Company along the harbour side of Hickson Rd around the piers... Try there for a nice quite place ot eat or drink.

Click Here for map

My Saturday night out really highlighted the lack of decent places to go in Sydney. After attending a friend's performance at a club, another mate of ours got kicked out for being too inebriated and we roamed the city for an hour looking for a decent place to go have drinks.

I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction here. I've yet to come across any nice bars in Sydney city but really, I'm looking for a few places that fill the following criterion.

1) Decent crowd. That is to say, no kids running around wearing Industrie and that tacky as hell hairstyle where they put ridiculous blond streaks. Mullets, rat tails and people with too much product in their hair need not apply.

2) Great music. Not sticking to any particular genre, but when sitting down and having drinks, I've always been a fan of quiet french jazz.

3) Drinks menu that extends beyond house bourbon and coke and Carlton Draught on tap.

4) Not really important, but food would be great. Came upon a Japanese bar awhile ago [Washington D.C.] that had drinks and great finger food at late hours. Yebisu and sashimi versus Toohey's and kebabs. Not a real hard decision.

So anyway, would be grateful if people could tell me where their favourite hang outs in the city are, great places to go relax. Oh and I forgot.

5) They don't close late and don't have stupid entry systems like "TOO MANY GUYS" or "MEMBERS ONLY".

I think the Victoria Room in Darlinghurst fits most of your criteria

Edit: I meant close early. So they DON'T close early. And are open till late. Late defined as past 4am on weekends. Or till 2 on weekdays.

Victoria Room, Darlinghurst ey?

I was actually looking for places in the city [yes I know that Darlinghurst is really just next door] but yeah.