australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

This is the CM product shot, I can take more for you soon when I get some time.

bomberW09mail-1.jpg

This year like AW07 they've included the ribbing at the bottom, which to be honest it probably the only thing I don't like about the jacket. It creates this gathering at the back when not zipped up, but in-time will become less of a problem once worn in.

Apart from that, nice soft leather, not too shiny and a reasonably matte finish... The arms are quite slim and this year they slimmed down the body a bit more, too.

DJI is probably the best to ask about sizing considering he would've tried on a small....

I have a large and i'm 6'5"... the fit through the body is still rather slim but obviously not as slim as the medium, but that was just too short. Large is still a little short but should fall in time...

I know regular kind've dudes (5'10"-6"2" - Roughly 70kg) get a medium and it seems to fit nicely without being super tight...

the leather the claude maus is made out of isn't anything special, however it is decent for the price. the small fit enormous on me, but then again so did the parka before I tailored it. I wouldn't recommend sizing down to one of the womens ones though as they are cut an inch or 2 shorter than the mens.

^ bastards.

well, let us know how you go with the rick bomber. and if you could check how much they are letting last season's ann dem flower waistcoat go for, i'd be grateful. they'll list retail, but tell you something different.

oh, and the shirt was posted this morning.

A friend does fashion design at uts and she loves it.

But I've also heard good things about white house.

I went to this insane party called 3D in this weird crazy building near central last night, anyone else go?

Ivans I'm a mech engineer too, graduated last year (did comm too)! However having said that, I'm not working in the profession as I dont enjoy it (hate it). Did my vacation work and made the decision to finish the degree, but to not work in the industry. crazy huh? Instead starting my own label :D

TTT, I am doing it currently as a means to fund my clothing habit. But I would much rather be doing something creative. I am currently helping my brother start up his own jewellery label, which is far more fun and enriching imo.

I'll keep you guys posted on the label, we just got our first shipment of material from Tasmania - 100 year old church pews. Sacreligious yes.

Anyone else on here make jewellery?

cool Ivan, a good way to fund an expensive habit ;)

I'm actually dipping my feet in some jewellery too. Trying to make an all-round collection. Taking up a basic course at tafe in the meantime to learn the basics/essentials but I'm hoping to release an item or two with my line. Whats the general asthetic of your bros pieces? industrial?

i went to east syd/ultimo tafe.

pretty good since its very hands on/practical

a couple friends also go to the east syd/ultimo campus. have heard good things. apparently its regarded in the industry as one of the, if not the, best in sydney. anyone seen dion lee's designs lately? pretty impressive.

Is there anyone on here who is doing a completely non-fashion related profession? I, for one, am working as a mechanical engineer.

ye i think a few of us would be. interesting seeing how everyone is paying the bills/kopping jawn. i did aeronautical engineering at uni. but hated it and couldnt see myself working in anything to do with engineering. was very lucky to land a decent job in the financial markets recently. job markets are tough at the moment.