australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

i am going due to work responsibilities, but am quite excited nonetheless. hopefully i'll have some time to play/explore. i've never been there before, so i need to research some info about this city.

how long are you in sydney for? what info were you after?

looking for a new suit, trying to take advantage of the myer/DJ discounts that are happening now. budget of around 700.

hugo boss @ DJs don't have size 48 suits discounted, which is a bummer :/

tried on some rhodes & beckett suits, seems pretty decent, and one of them is discounted to $639.

any opinions on rhodes & beckett or suggestions for alternatives? thanks lots guys.

dame i paid 475.. but wasnt intend to buy it in the first place. actually i was trying to find a nice warm plain hoodie but end up trying this on.

any suggestion for the hoodie? AA fleece sounds like what i could wear to uni..

Oh damn where you buy for 475? Quite tempted to buy Cocoon... also favourite from the collection...

Otherwise would also like to know hoodie suggestions, something cheap that I won't have to baby when going out.

I got my carhartt hoodie for $50 which retailed for about $200 at the carhartt warehouse sale. I think anything more than $100 is a ripoff for a hoodie coz it's just one of those items i dont think are worth spending that much on. If you can get uniqlo hoodies they'd be good. Not sure about bassike though their plain tee shirts are already $90 and theyre nothing great.

Turns out on the better quality hoodies i've come across are the USYD ones that are made in china, but they last really well with washes and careless wear.

Another option in sydney is to go to DFO and try getting a ralph lauren plain one, i've seen them on sale forl ike $79.95 which is half price about.