australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

i've been to noddy's on king.. wasn't blown away with the results, but i wasn't dis-satisfied either.. it's good, but they put too much advertising emphasis on "being the most awarded salon" which really bugs me..

everytime i walk past daniel mostyn, looks really dark and gothic (and not in a ann d/rick owens way; more like a vampire sort of way haha).. but looking at the website, and what they're about and stuff, makes me want to get a haircut there next time.

..also, often when i walked past they were serving champagne haha

Is there anyone on here who is doing a completely non-fashion related profession? I, for one, am working as a mechanical engineer.

Financial business analyst over here.

can anyone recommend a good hostel to stay at in sydney? i'll be there for about 2 weeks, thanks!

Welcome to Sydney! :P

did everyone here get stimulated by rudd?

Got stimulated this morning.

---

Anyone know if I lay timber in my apartment before telling the body corporate, i'd get in trouble? the by-laws say to inform them, but i want it done asap so i can move in already.

i got my stimulus cash the other week. my gf is still waiting for hers though, much to her dismay.

can anyone suggest where some good, reasonably priced dress shoes are to be found? i read somewhere that incu was getting in grenson's which i'll definitely have a look at, but who knows how they will price them..

i got my stimulus cash the other week. my gf is still waiting for hers though, much to her dismay.

can anyone suggest where some good, reasonably priced dress shoes are to be found? i read somewhere that incu was getting in grenson's which i'll definitely have a look at, but who knows how they will price them..

Can't be found in Australia.

The Grensons that Incu stocks are on an odd last. Elongated toe box.

Over priced ($450 AUD IIRC). They are from Grensons lower end range.

You can order a pair of C&J from Plal for that much.

Can't be found in Australia.

The Grensons that Incu stocks are on an odd last. Elongated toe box.

Over priced ($450 AUD IIRC). They are from Grensons lower end range.

rrrrrrrrreally? withstanding this news? $450 would be too much anyway..

That's the ones that I'm talking about.

They look like clown shoes. They are passable if you have very small feet.

I should rephrase.

They are correctly priced for the Australian market, but you can purchase much better dress shoes, in terms of both aesthetics and construction, else where for much less.

I have a pair of Grenson Elans from the Rose collection.

The RRP is £215. I got them for $300 AUD shipped from retailtherapy4all.

If you're on a budget the Loake 1880 range would be a good choice. The Mayfair last is nice, the Capital last is okay for a chisel toe.

i'm going to Sydney in a couple days and will stay there for 10 days. It's a work trip but my boss just told me i'll have a few open days where I can do my own thing so now I'm trying to find out some recommendations for stuff to see/do/eat in Sydney. What's good?? I will be staying near the Royal Botanical Garden and the Opera House...

oh yeah, and what are the top stores to check out in Sydney? typical sufu favored stores i guess. supply, incu, ksubi.. what else??

if you got recommendations for a first time visitor, please share

THANKS

i'm going to Sydney in a couple days and will stay there for 10 days. It's a work trip but my boss just told me i'll have a few open days where I can do my own thing so now I'm trying to find out some recommendations for stuff to see/do/eat in Sydney. What's good?? I will be staying near the Royal Botanical Garden and the Opera House...

oh yeah, and what are the top stores to check out in Sydney? typical sufu favored stores i guess. supply, incu, ksubi.. what else??

if you got recommendations for a first time visitor, please share

THANKS

how touristy do you want to be?

the weather has been pretty shit lately, unfortunately for you. hopefully it clears up.

i've been to noddy's on king.. wasn't blown away with the results, but i wasn't dis-satisfied either.. it's good, but they put too much advertising emphasis on "being the most awarded salon" which really bugs me..

everytime i walk past daniel mostyn, looks really dark and gothic (and not in a ann d/rick owens way; more like a vampire sort of way haha).. but looking at the website, and what they're about and stuff, makes me want to get a haircut there next time.

..also, often when i walked past they were serving champagne haha

i also want to get my hair cut there. Next time i'm in Sydney i will i have decided..

if you give it a go p.m. me the results

how touristy do you want to be?

the weather has been pretty shit lately, unfortunately for you. hopefully it clears up.

Touristy-ness doesnt really concern me too much, as if it's worth doing/seeing, i'm for it. i'm also interested in non-touristy things too, let me in on some local hidden gems! :)

regarding the weather, as long as it's not raining too much, that's okay. i'm used to cold weather.

to make it simpler, what are the best/funnest areas to explore? such as areas that are lively with people, lots of shops/restaurants, nice streets, etc. i can happily spend a day walking around and soaking in my surroundings. keep in mind i will be by myself.

also, any notable places with interesting architecture?

EDIT: also, any salon to get a good asian haircut? let's say my budget is around $50 USD (70 aussie dollars)

fallen angels.

For an interesting suburb to walk around i would reccommend Newtown..

You should be able to take lots of great snaps. I also like walking around Darlinghurst and Surrey Hills. Maybe some of the Northern Beaches.. Around the water..I think China Town would be a great place to take some photos.. At night or daytime..

http://www.ssense.com/Filippa_K-Men-Heavy_Jackets/Filippa_K_Black_Leather_Zip_Jacket/8374

Hey what do you guys think of this jacket, saw it at DJs for $700 down from 1600

photo28892.jpg

It's okay... no doubt that $700 is a heavy discount, but still a solid chunk of change. Better to put it toward something better, even if it requires saving up a bit longer.

Seeing the collar on this Fillippa K reminded me of this one Blackbird posted, the new season Tim Hamilton. Definitely one of the best jackets I've seen this season.

http://helloblackbird.blogspot.com/2009/04/tim-hamilton.html

5.jpg

The look book picture is a bit wack, but the jacket is tough. The way the buttoned down collar converts to a hood, dirty buffalo leather, and my favourite detail, the sleeve zipper continues all the way up to the shoulder.

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

That shoulder zip is just mean....

not really a fan of that jacket tbh. the convertible hood is interesting but it's probably a feature you'd never use, don't really like the zippers that extend all the way up the arm and shoulder seams either. imo the coarse grain of buffalo leather is too gnarly for a jacket, it works better on boots and accessories.

Superhero, I'm totally flattered! Business is off to a good start, stores are reporting good sell through and when one of the pieces really clicks with a customer, it's a big win-win. There is enough response and momentum to green light our next two collections, so that's really exciting for us =)