australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

Does anyone know if there is a pedestrian access footpath on the observatory side of the harbour bridge or do you have to go from the rocks side?

weird question i know but i'm going to try and do the 10 bridge run this weekend and would love it if i diddn't have to run through the rocks.

The path on the observatory side is for cyclists only if my memory serves.

hi. i grew up in sydney, left at 14, and i'm coming back to visit may 23-june 11. i'll be celebrating my 21st birthday there. any suggestions on how to celebrate in sydney?

i'm also looking for suggestions on places to go eat, shop, sip coffee and catch up with old friends. i'm thinking hole-in-the-wall, quirky, underrated, less-known type places. ideas?

hi. i grew up in sydney, left at 14, and i'm coming back to visit may 23-june 11. i'll be celebrating my 21st birthday there. any suggestions on how to celebrate in sydney?

i'm also looking for suggestions on places to go eat, shop, sip coffee and catch up with old friends. i'm thinking hole-in-the-wall, quirky, underrated, less-known type places. ideas?

Hire out a sashimi bar. I don't know, but the idea of sashimi omakase and lots of Kirin has always appealed to me. Drinks and light food. Probably expensive as all hell, but I mean... for a 21st, if you're going to go with the whole bar-tab/function room option, I can't see why it'd cost you anymore than that.

Hire out a sashimi bar. I don't know, but the idea of sashimi omakase and lots of Kirin has always appealed to me. Drinks and light food. Probably expensive as all hell, but I mean... for a 21st, if you're going to go with the whole bar-tab/function room option, I can't see why it'd cost you anymore than that.

agreed.. kirin and sashimi sounds like a great night.. God i love Kirin..

you know you need to stay away from that shiz when it starts appearing on the racks at cotton on.

is there anywhere in the city area that has clarks (wallabees)? im tryin to find a pair, but so far, futile efforts yo.

I remember walking past a store in the city. Somewhere on Pitt St. Either that or ask the SA's at Foot Locker or something. I'm sure they would know.

I can't imagine them being that hard to find.

Have to take a party of 15 people or so out for dinner Friday night. I don't have a strict budget, per se. But 70/head is fine. Flexible, really. But it's gotta be some place NICE. Great food, great views, that kinda thing. Sort of a group date. But not?

That and within walking distance of really cool bars.

Not Darling Harbour, too cliched. Doesn't matter if its out of the city neither.

Recommendations?

Corey, great minds think a like. I was going to recommend that very place. I had dinner at the wharf restaurant and saw a show at the theatre a few weeks ago- afterwards went to firefly for a drink. Location is great, not too busy, great view and nice menu and drink selection.

Corey, great minds think a like. I was going to recommend that very place. I had dinner at the wharf restaurant and saw a show at the theatre a few weeks ago- afterwards went to firefly for a drink. Location is great, not too busy, great view and nice menu and drink selection.

:)

I really like the Wharf as well. Excellent view and ambiance, great service. The modern Australian cuisine is simple but fresh.

If I ever roll some coin, I'd like to live on the pier.

Hey I know this has been discussed before but for the life of me I can't find it in the thread: Does anyone know where to get some AA style plain Tee's? I can't seem to find slim fit plain colours. Does Cotton On carry slim Tee's?

Mmm, and also as a side note anyone have any Chinese or Indian restaurants (or any type of restaurant really) they would really recommend, a friend of mine and I are trying to hit a decent restaurant every week while we're in Sydney and eatability is giving some very misleading reviews. I'm looking for like a sit down, BYO place that'll run like 25 dollars.

Hey I know this has been discussed before but for the life of me I can't find it in the thread: Does anyone know where to get some AA style plain Tee's? I can't seem to find slim fit plain colours. Does Cotton On carry slim Tee's?

try their online store, I'd forget about trying to find decent quality at lowes.

just google american apparel.

Now that someone mentions it, what's the general opinion on a store like Glue. Yay? Nay? Not worthy of rating? Awesome stuff?

Just always been curious. I've never actually walked into a Glue store [i'm one of those shoppers that knows exactly what I want and where to get it, minimizing time wastage] and yeah... Just wanted your thoughts on it.

For example, most people I know have bitched about how everyone shops at General Pants and ends up wearing the same shit and how everything there's generic etc.

But let's face it, at one point time or another, we've all bought something from there right? Personally I'd be very surprised if no one ever has, but maybe it's just me. ;P.

Anyway, so... your thoughts!

Thanks a bunch fellas.