australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

Forgot to mention: went into Robby Ingham last friday and they have some really good gear on sale. Up to 30% a bunch of Helmut Lang, DVN and some of their other brands.

Most notable IMO was a beautiful Helmut Lang belted trench in grey, 30% off - down to $795. They had a small and a medium left.

I personally found the small a little too roomy, and not as structured as I would have liked. Also considering the weather never requires me to have more than 3 layers, I didn't pull the trigger. But if you are slightly bigger, or love to layer regardless, go and check it out.

Forgot to mention: went into Robby Ingham last friday and they have some really good gear on sale. Up to 30% a bunch of Helmut Lang, DVN and some of their other brands.

Most notable IMO was a beautiful Helmut Lang belted trench in grey, 30% off - down to $795. They had a small and a medium left.

I personally found the small a little too roomy, and not as structured as I would have liked. Also considering the weather never requires me to have more than 3 layers, I didn't pull the trigger. But if you are slightly bigger, or love to layer regardless, go and check it out.

This thread has been so dead lately.

What are you guys looking to pick up during the post-Christmas sales? Which stores are must-visits?

++ lets get some more love in here guys!

I'm looking to get some solid shopping done after christmas. Cashed up from a new job :) . Do you guys feel that its worth heading out for boxing day sales or wait longer?

++ lets get some more love in here guys!

I'm looking to get some solid shopping done after christmas. Cashed up from a new job :) . Do you guys feel that its worth heading out for boxing day sales or wait longer?

I've found that most stores have had pretty decent sales leading up to Christmas (Our Spot, Robby Ingham, DJs). It would have to be a pretty huge sale to get me to compete against the masses of boxing day bargain hunters.

If Incu had a sale, however, I would be tempted to go, purely because I hate paying those guys retail.

Does anybody know of any big boxing day deals?

I'm waiting longer. Not looking to buy anything in particular that is fashion related, but looking to buy a plasma tv, and some furniture in the next 3 months.

All this talk about TVs rising in price after Xmas sales is BS.

I used to work at JB Hi-Fi, and TVs never rose in price. There is no new technology driving the price, so they will just keep falling IMO.

Either way, go into JB at the end of the month and stand in front of the TVs, if some guy greets you quickly it means he is behind budget. Use this to your advantage and haggle your ass off. Sweeten the deal for the Salesperson by buying a surge protector at rrp (good commission/conversion) and he will sell you a TV well below cost price.

I used to work at JB Hi-Fi, and TVs never rose in price. There is no new technology driving the price, so they will just keep falling IMO.

they're saying they will increase prices 'cause of the depreciating dollar, saying they can no longer carry the burden. supposedly panasonic have already locked in price rises for feb or around then.

they're saying they will increase prices 'cause of the depreciating dollar, saying they can no longer carry the burden. supposedly panasonic have already locked in price rises for feb or around then.

Yeah, you are probably right, though is it just me or are retailers mighty quick to pass on the increased cost to consumers? When the $AUD was much firmer and up at around $0.98 did we see remarkable discounts? No way.

Even if consumer electronics do increase in price, it wont be long before retailers like JB are selling below cost to bring in the sales.

I can't be fucked logging in to version four.

Boxing day was arse.

A sea of tight arses lining up to buy overpriced horrible stuff.

MIJ 130s Herringbone suits for one large at David Jones. Stuffed into a rack... I'm sure it'll all be there for the next month.

Didn't make it up to Incu.