rise: 11"

hem 8.5"

POST SOAK!

387202309_7748c6f8f4.jpg

waist shrunk to 28", I stretched it out by using a hanger back to 29~30

Length shrunk to around 34"

hem shrunk to 8"

5 hours HOT soak

hope this helps some people out with oni sizing in general. I sized down 1 from my normal SDA 103 size and nudie size.

the soak looks great poly!!

ive been neglecting this thread, im still sporting my pair factory stock.

poly, did your waist get a little more forgiving after the soak, and how do you think a shorter soak would effect the denim?

:P

stoked you got your hands on a pair, BiG im assuming?

waist is really never what you have to worry about, my waist shrunk to a 28 after a VERY HOT 5 hour soak. stretched back out to a 30 in like 2 hours with a hanger in the waistband. Shorter soak would probably affect it less. Cold soak would also shrink it less. They are definently stretching though, i can feel it, 19oz is thick, but you can just feel they will stretch.

Poly, those fit you very well! The fit in the seat is perfect. I'm looking forward to seeing the damage you'll do considering some of your other jeans you've shown us.

As an aside, are Hinoya and BIG the only place to buy Oni's? I was looking at getting a pair of blues, but they're sold out in both places in my size (probably 33).

I just posted pix in the other ONI thread as well. Ditto to what poly said about stretching. Despite the thickness of the material, they're SO uneven they almost dont quite feel thick. Mine were so tight in the waist that I had to lie down to button them up, pre AND post-soak. But I slept in them all night and now I can button and unbutton them standing up so I think these will definately give out some as they break in.

edit: walking to work this morning in 24 degree weather and I could actually feel drafts in the denim. As compared to my only 14.5oz eternals that feel like a wall against the weather. I may actually be able to wear these jeans in the summer if maybe not in NYC july...

I'm with the poly here. I'm AMAZED at how rough they felt at first but already they're softening and stretching. I suspect that within a month these jeans will continue to mold to my body and soften. Even the creases behind the knees and ESPECIALLY the lap creases have taken on a strange 3-d kind of effect even after only a couple of days/

• 2 months later...

To the OP - I wanted to see how these have been coming. I find that I cannot wear my pair a ton because the inside surface can be hard to handle, esp in heat. I remember that you also hemmed yours before washing and I was curious if you've gotten them wet yet? :)

• 9 months later...

from what ive seen, high weave tension caused less slubbiness to show(smoother hand), and less stretching. low tension causes the opposite. ive been told that low tension is more pain-staking to produce, but i want to know why?