What Will You Look Like this Spring?

masuerte

since, i'm leaving high school (thank god) this may, i want to transition to a remixed dressy version of myself. By this spring, i want to replace my skinny jeans with skinny pants, fitted funky button up shirts, i'm getting glasses this weekend, and some slim shorts, and some white casual dress shoes and black ones too, and maybe some colored ones.

Just in general, i'm changing my look, i'm tired of it and ready for something new to transition from high school to college. Also, after a year of community college i'm going to FIT in New York, so i gots to look presentable lol.

Ah, here's what I'm gonna go for, maybe with a cardigan and a crewneck.

flexd_lg.jpg

Oh, and some tubesocks so I don't look so naked.

How cheap is cheap for you? I'm thinking of getting the APC oversized ones, which seem pretty reasonably priced to me. But honestly the best shorts I've had for dirt cheap are thrifted 50s slacks cut to knee length.

modern amusement has some for reasonable prices

I think cords are a good spring and fall choice. As long as they are straight leg and slim and in a lighter color, like camel or khaki. They would go well with brown or black laceups or white sneakers, pretty much everything. Paired with a solid white buttondown or white vneck tee, looks really crisp.

Just avoid matching with a cord blazer so you dont look like a dorky college professor.

• 2 weeks later...

• Lots of white and blue

• Thin t-shirts (ie American Apparel 'summer shirts')

• White shoes (just got some new Nike Court force in white + fluoro yellow/blue :D)

• Some shorts will definitely make it in to the wardrobe (but not sure what yet)

• Bright blue flip-flops when it hits 30 degrees

• 4 weeks later...

I'm all covered except for shirts. I want tees but I dont want to fall into the hypebeasty stuff, but I dont want to look plain either because I'd look to "loungy". And I dont want any more polos. And when I wear button-ups it makes me look like an Amjack. I want to go out this weekend for some summer shirts but Im really clueless. Im good at winter but Im not good at the summer thing. What would you suggest I do?

On the waist down I usually wear vans slips or top-siders and never ever wear shorts.

• 9 months later...

I really just got into clothing this past year, and this summer will be the first time I have money so there are a few things I plan on buying. I'd like some blue cropped pants, and some shoes like the Opening Ceremony house brand.

I'll probably go to nyc and look for some Ervell, NDG and go to Opening Ceremony and see what I find.