Best Place For Denim in New Jersey?

weirdnjfan1

NYC sales tax on clothing $111 and up is something like 8.375%, of which I seem to remember reading that roughly half is NYC and the other half is NY state. Bloomberg is talking about getting rid of the city-level sales tax which would make the tax only about four and a half percent on things over $110. It's actually pretty amazing how much the sales tax varies even within a state:

http://www.photobooksonline.com/books/salestax.html

From http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/17/nyregion/17bloomberg.html?ex=1326690000&en=04d54e83b9d456b1&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss

Under the mayor’s sales tax proposal, an existing exemption from the 4 percent city sales tax for clothing and footwear under $110 would be extended to purchases above that amount. The city cannot, however, expand the parallel exemption for clothing items under $110 from state sales tax and a Metropolitan Transportation Authority sales tax surcharge to purchases above that amount. So those items would still be subject to the state and M.T.A. tax, a combined 4.375 percent, rather than the current 8.375 percent city, state and M.T.A. tax.

to the OP: There's some good stuff in NJ but if you want the kinds of brands people here covet it's pretty much downtown manhattan and a few places in brooklyn or queens. You should just drive to Woodbury Commons in Harriman NY. :)

Well, I guess that it's a trip to New York or I'll just try Garmany or even Nirvana (::Shutters::) for Iron Army. The only reason I asked is due to the fact that the tax in NY is so large. So does anyone know?

Also looking for this. The only places I know that sell anything near high quality clothing is Kreme3000 in Montclair, NJ. If you go there, check out DivisionEast, right down the street. But trust me, they're nothing special.

myspace.com/kreme3000