Sign in to follow this  
vincent

a.p.c. SS 07

do the jeans made in sand and navy fit true to size or are they like the regular jeans? I'm usually a size 30 and a 27-28 in new standards, what size should I get?

They're putting their logos on a couple of things they didn't used to. They're small, but it's still annoying. I prefer my APC unbranded.

i'm still positive i'll find a ton more stuff at the store than online lookbook that i like....

i'm diggin those sunglasses but i'm pretty sure i can find the same thing for 10 bucks. i want them but i feel like i'm paying way to much for the a.p.c

Is this stuff in stores yet? More specifically, the Mercer St. store?

I'm always a little shocked when I see APC prices - especially because I'm used to buying jeans from them for a measly $120.

Bermuda Shorts are the jam. Look fresh with the sweats. I think it comes in the store in Feb.

Am i reading this right?

are you all complaining about prices?

on superfuture????

I don't find the prices for their new collection to be out of line with prices from the past. You can't really complain about a twenty dollar mark up from the past, prices go up for many reasons, one of them could be that they're trying to calm down the storm of purchases by raising their prices to stay exclusive. As ugly as it sounds, you'd be surprised how many designers do this on purpose.

^

APC has been selling well forever, I don't think it increased suddenly that much. Anyway, you're right, the prices are still fairly reasonable, it's far from being expensive for clothes.

Am i reading this right?

are you all complaining about prices?

on superfuture????

haha ive been seeing alot of complaining about clothes in the 100-200 dollar range. very odd phenomenon.

in any case, i think im going to pick up one of those stripped polos if the fit is good.

I really dig the APC tee with the navy stripes. Can't justify the price tag, though.

I really dig the APC tee with the navy stripes. Can't justify the price tag, though.

Is a APC size S T-shirt regular "small" or more skinny?

I'd say "regular". I wear a medium in most tops and the A.P.C tee I have is a size 2. It fits perfectly.

For sizing questions you may use the "small questions thread" next time though.

I think the reason that people are complaining is that the they view APC as an 'economical' brand in the marketplace. I'm a fan of the brand and purchase many of their items. When I see a shirt that is marked up $20 from the previous season, without any change to the materials you have to question is it justified.

Exactly. APC is the minimum I will buy and it is getting expensive for what it is.

Picked up the Black New Cures today at the Mercer St. store. Very nice.

Anybody know if the NS are available in black in the NY store? As someone above already mentioned, they're back on the U.S. website but for some reason all sizes were listed as 'sold out' from the day they came back up. Thanks in advance.

Picked up the Black New Cures today at the Mercer St. store. Very nice.
Ohhh. How much?

I'm liking the simplicity of the women's collection, the men's seems a little more affected for some reason, which doesn't merge well with my image of the brand. I know the garments available in the stores will include some interesting pieces though; has this ever been otherwise?

I think the reason that people are complaining is that the they view APC as an 'economical' brand in the marketplace.

I think the issue is that, for me, I have viewed A.P.C. as an economical, well-designed and quality supplier for basic items as this fellow put it. Even moderate increases in price on the cheaper, more basic items (polos, shirts) just takes more out of my ability to buy more interesting pieces when I have to pay more for basics. Nitpicky, yes, but I'm a very conservative buyer (rarely buy not on sale, eBay, etc...) in addition to the fact that I have essentially next to no money to spend on clothing.

The men's line all looks like yuppy trash. I miss the old minimalistic, military-inspired APC of yore. And "anti-ideological education"? What the hell is that shit? It's even stupider than "Ignore the Beat". French designers really put some stupid english slogans on their clothing.

yeah, the slogans are pretty ridiculous. Let's not forget Kick out the Jams and the Ramones t-shirt, rather dubious. As for the black new standards, they were on the site for the f/w collection, they've just been sold out since last year's s/s. Maybe, they'll get more if they keep 'em on there even though they're all sold out.