The end of Japanese Denim as we know it...

kiya

Wait, so the Japanese companies that are being affected, are they only to comply that they cannot retail in the American market with the red tab and arcuate? or do the Japanese companies have to comply through everything they have? So, as we know it, Flat Heads will never look like Flat Heads again?

I'm not sure I see this as a problem. Do you REALLY care if your repro jeans have got levis-esque back pockets? Variety is a good thing!

Well, nobody here knows what the issue is, aside from kiya and stuntastic. What if Levis is suing everyone with a 1947 or 1966 501 fit. That'd eliminate many of the more popular models around here.

What you guys are suggesting, red tab and arcuate, has already happened with Sugarcane so I wouldn't be surprised for it to happen to everyone else now that they all have US distribution. But thats not really a huge deal, IMO. Take off the arc, change the tab color (or remove it). Hopefully its nothing bigger...

^ well, I know wtf is happening and it isn't pretty... :( I'll let Kiya or Gordon decide if they wanna talk about it here... probably too early at this point to predict what is gonna happen...

^ well, I know wtf is happening and it isn't pretty... :( I'll let Kiya or Gordon decide if they wanna talk about it here... probably too early at this point to predict what is gonna happen...

pm! 10 characters

can someone please tell? I know everyone would really appreciate it if these companies have to completely change their designs, then we kinda have to order NOW.

I also dont see why you wouldn't tell, it's going to get out for sure, and I don't see how it would hurt if you just speeded it up.

Maybe people in Japan are already buying a lifelong stock of denim right now?

what is it? is it something with the looms, a lawsuit, weather affecting cotton crops, change in company hierarchies, or something else like voodoo/witchcraft. we would like to know.

i kinda wish i had more jp jeans with faux-arcuates

(only my canes and sams do; eternal and 45rpm don't)

FOR THE LOVE OF FUCK WHAT'S HAPPENING?

Haha, I don't own a single pair with arcuates

This thread is fucking blowing up.

People are shitting their pants simultaneously. I wonder if that Feb 10th shipment of special edition red arcuate Flat Heads headed towards Self Edge is no longer... :(