long distance relationships?

lilfan

Been in one, it was off and on depending on which city we were back and forth with. About 4 hours away when away.

My advice, avoid it if you can. The distance puts an extra strain/stress on the relationship, not to mention the rest of your life outside of it, and then when you do manage visits etc. there's that added pressure that takes away from it.

Of course, avoiding it is easier said than done...

If you're in college, I'd avoid it if I were you. I made this mistake in high school, and one of my roommates is making it right now.

He's always pissed off about something with his girlfriend, he ends up travelling from Connecticut to New Jersey to see her every weekend, and it fucks up his schedule with school assignments and his work schedule.

And whatever you do, do not transfer schools because of another person.

I met my current boyfriend in Beijing during the summer.

He lives in NYC, I live in London.

We spent August together in Beijing, and didn't see each other from September til last week (beginning of January) and we spent a week together, which was sweet.

It could work if you trust each other not to do stupid shit and if you both communicate. I talk to my man everyday, and if we don't get the chance to chat, we email each other.

Edited to say: This is by far the best relationship I've been in.

The relationship between hap and I blossomed like a young flower as soon as we met, in San Fran.
You are just saying that to make me jealous. :mad:
minya

no need to tell lies...i was so fucking busy in sf... didn't even get a chance to let you sniff it...

Easy easy--Hap's got supergay for Africa (;)). You can all have a piece.

man I thought I was among only a crazy few...

i feel the same sometimes! nobody else i know has ever maintained a long distance relationship and so i usually get treated with disbelief when people find out we're actually both happy. me and my girlfriend have been together for almost 18 months (i live in oxford, england and her in verona, italy) - we see each other at least every 2 months for a week or more and speak every day (skype is a wonderful piece of software!). we're both happy because this year we'll actually be living in the same country; she has a job in tokyo starting in april and i'll be moving to japan in the summer for an exchange program.. should be interesting!

it's nice to hear other people in a similar situation aren't giving up hope.. good luck!

DC and NYC are super close!

If you're calling that a long distance relationship it's obvious that you're not willing to go a little teeny tiny extra mile to try and see her as often as possible.

That would be the easiest long distance relationship ever as you could see each other regurlaly without too much hassles.

Then again if you're putting in doubt the whole notion of this potential relationship in the long term due to distance I guess you may be thinking it's not worth the extra work.

Sorry for the over-analytical response

anyone ever been in a good one?

long story short, met a girl who goes to school in DC, but is from NYC. I go to school in NYC but am from Connecticut.

been there, done that. They dont work, especially when your still in school. Trust me man. Your young, dont get too serious