asians...

dumadiscount

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the new trends for mature or socialy concious asian people is try to act as white as possible.

for example and see this all the time, when 2 chinese guy sitting together a a table they only pseak englisha and ask each other hows the cowboy or hows the laker and arugue who is the best running back in the game. and all put on USC jersey even they only attend Cal state LA or PCC

Actually, there is a long history of Asians (and other ethnicities, but Asians in general) admiring and emulating things western. This was particularly pronounced in Japan and in China, during different periods. In postwar HK, for example, it went as far as some Chinese taking on an English accent while speaking Cantonese, so that people might presume that they studied and leaved aborad for a long time. An entire culinary tradition in HK is derived from western dishes and cooking methods observed used by Westerners.

As for the sports thing... um, have you considered that there are a lot of second and third generation Chinese around who speak little, if any, Chinese, and probably have similar interests as Americans of the same generation? For the record, I'm second generation Chinese, like the Lakers, and hate how they lost to the Spurrs, at home, in the 4th quarter and overtime last weekend. Blows.

Man, that game was brutal. I sometimes can barely take rollercoasters like that.

I guess you've never seen white people who jizz all over japanese crap. Oh wait, almost everyone on superfuture.

OMG quote of quotes. :)

filipinos

-they play mahjong

-love to grill meat, especially pork

-talk funny

-steal towels from hotels

-drive hondas

definately asian

According to a BBC programme, they all carry around machetes and kali sticks.

Americans make inventions.

Asians improve American inventions.

Hiroki springs to mind here.

• 1 year later...