Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

Any of you guys ever go to a psychologist? I always scoffed ( for lack of a better term) at it, probably from a place of pride/ superiority but I've been considering going lately. I'd be interested to hear what people thought of their own experiences, ie if it helped, was a good experience, worthwhile etc.

Well it depends on what exactly you are looking for. Talk-therapy, probably. I think everyone could benefit it, with the right therapist.

but always think to myself "you should be mentally stong enough to handle this." So i just end back at square one :/

i dunno, i've always thought of a psychologist as someone who can see your blind spots and make suggestions about the way you think about your life and your relations. neuropsychology always looked more appealing by contrast, there is a little more science guiding the method.

if you feel like you need to do it, do it. if you dont think you need to but are curious do it also. If you get a good one you feel 3x better no exaggeration necessary(if you get a good one who is actually genuinely interested in your problems). A shrink is like a really good friend who listens to you without you worrying about how your friend will think of you afterwords.

Any of you guys ever go to a psychologist? I always scoffed ( for lack of a better term) at it, probably from a place of pride/ superiority but I've been considering going lately. I'd be interested to hear what people thought of their own experiences, ie if it helped, was a good experience, worthwhile etc.

Used to see a guy once a week. He was pretty chill, usually had good conversation. For a while I felt like it was the most productive hour of my week because I could just get everything out that needed to be out.. I'd agree with Hocus Pocus in saying that everybody could benefit from this. Also, sawyer is pretty spot on when he says they see your blind spots.. usually left the sessions with a broadened perspective.

I went to see a psychologist to help with some anxiety, it was really helpful, even after the anxiety cleared up I had a few more sessions just because you can talk about anything without being judged, and then he suggested a few different things to tackle different problems.

thumbs up to the psych.

I've had three therapist's of the course of my life. Starting from the age of 12.

It was forced by my parents because I had(still have) self esteem issues. Had to go for nearly two years straight with the first one who was shit. Stopped for a year and they made me go to a new one. She was alright but I was forced to go because my dad wanted to learn more about me.

Those two were shit in the end. I didn't say anything truthful any time I went, because obviously it'd go back to my dad and he'd have a field day patronizing me at home. I made one slip up once because I started trusting the second one and she told my dad and....yeah.

The third one I went to while I was in college. She was too hot to confide in so I decided to stop going.

I wish I could find a real decent therapist sometime.

Yeah, mental health is so damn complicated. I've seen 3 at various points for various reasons, and only one of them was any good. Unfortunately I think a lot of people get turned off from one negative experience.

I wish I still saw one, not because I'm depressed of anything, but as I think Sawyer sort of mentioned, they are really good at calling bullshit on some of the assumptions we make about our own lives. Everyone could use some tightening or loosening up, and shrinks are really good at it.

So my feeling is, if you are interested in it remotely, go see at least one, and don't be dissuaded if you don't immediate find one that you have chemistry with. This is Sufu, aren't we used to searching for only the best of things?

Yea everyone I've seen has made me seriously question the legitimacy of the practice as a whole. Maybe I've just gotten some really shitty ones, though...

I have seen two therapists in my lifetime. One was actually a religious priest but he considered himself as a therapist. Both sucked ass. The professional one sat me down and talked to me why I was here. After the first session, she wanted to book me for three times a week. I said pass.

The religious one kept bringing God into it..

Honestly, and i know this sounds stupid, but the chronic is all I need.

I'm seeing Bob Dylan tomorrow and I'm not even that excited. I mean, I love Bob Dylan but I am only really into the early stuff and have really only watched videos from that period. I feel like seeing him is going to just be like a completely different person. I checked out some recent live videos and he is just getting old - all songs have rearranged structures, melodies, etc. and his voice is really rough.

Fuck me for complaining about seeing Bob Dylan but watching No Direction Home and then recent videos has been weird.

I'm seeing Bob Dylan tomorrow and I'm not even that excited. I mean, I love Bob Dylan but I am only really into the early stuff and have really only watched videos from that period. I feel like seeing him is going to just be like a completely different person. I checked out some recent live videos and he is just getting old - all songs have rearranged structures, melodies, etc. and his voice is really rough.

Fuck me for complaining about seeing Bob Dylan but watching No Direction Home and then recent videos has been weird.

well, at least you'll be able to say you saw him perform before he died, but yea, he hasn't sounded very good for a while. he's looked dead for years.

I'm so attached to shoes with CP soles that I can spot them just by walking past shoe shops... Today I spotted CP desert boot knock offs at Aquila (ausfag store) and something like CP court highs at Aldo

So tempted to buy and use as beaters...