Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

depends on what they're defining clothing as cos clothing = a covering so basically anything that covers you, clothes you, could be considered clothing.

but somehow I doubt it's a nekkid party :(

so maybe duct tape an outfit?

make an armor out of polarids taped together side by side (always an ice breaker)

or instead of a candy necklace you can make a candy outfit (tedious tho)

easiest and cheapest is duct tape

or wear a huge sandwich board

wish i could, but i have files i transfer to multiple desktops and laptops

Hrm, maybe you should go for some kind of NAS solution then rather than lugging around a drive all the time. Is it OK to have this "data" on the network? You can make it secure (requires login at minimum, encryption is an option for some solutions.

what's good?

Basically I need more information:

1) How much storage are we really talking about here? 1-2TB is much more manageable than larger sizes due to current single-disk limitations.

2) Are you carrying this device around? If so, why? It may be easier to get a standalone unit and stick it on ethernet/SMB than have a slave unit which requires a direct connection to the machine. You can use even a 486 with ubuntu as an SMB server and it will work quite well....

3) How many people normally are accessing this information? If you have LOTS of users it may be better to go with a RAID solution so that you can get 8 or 16 drives to serve out the same bits.

4) What are your security needs? Do you need hardware encryption? Is software encryption ok?

naste's post just got me thinking... where's 6sand7s?

wondering the same thing.. sufu film club is on some extended hiatus or something... :(

1) How much storage are we really talking about here? 1-2TB is much more manageable than larger sizes due to current single-disk limitations.

looking for around 2 TB

2) Are you carrying this device around? If so, why? It may be easier to get a standalone unit and stick it on ethernet/SMB than have a slave unit which requires a direct connection to the machine. You can use even a 486 with ubuntu as an SMB server and it will work quite well....

yes, house to house. transport via automobile

3) How many people normally are accessing this information? If you have LOTS of users it may be better to go with a RAID solution so that you can get 8 or 16 drives to serve out the same bits.

4 desktops/laptops, 4 users total

4) What are your security needs? Do you need hardware encryption? Is software encryption ok?

would like hardware encryption

wow WTF. Heidi montag and her husband think that shes on par with MJ .

husband said shes the " new, modern day, 2010 michael jackson"

disgrace.

hahah its a trick. All 150 are non-managers, eh?

Sounds like something like this:

http://www.rocstor.com/products/guardian-4rt.html

Might meet your needs. You don't need any network controller because you're moving the thing around. Even though you say you only need 2TB now, better to plan for the future and that unit supports up to 8TB (although your operating system will need to support a >2TB lun)... It uses hardware-based real-time 256bit encryption, which is fine for most people, and it does up to RAID5, which means you have redundant storage if any one drive fails...