Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

i think the worst part is the dead blank stare at the end after he hits the ground.

Oh man, that slam is awful. At the end of skate vids when they have the slam section...Its so cringe nasty...watch with one hand over eyes.

i think the worst part is the dead blank stare at the end after he hits the ground.

Oh man, that slam is awful. At the end of skate vids when they have the slam section...Its so cringe nasty...watch with one hand over eyes.

white people are ridiculous. trader joes opened a shop in brooklyn today. i drove by at 9am in the pouring rain and saw a line of people waiting down the block, like it was fucking kermit day at supreme. in the rain!!!! i'm ashamed sometimes.

i know, right?! "oh i'm gonna wait me an 3 hours in line in the rain so i can buy thai chili peanuts and soy nuggets with hummus even though i can get the same shit at the organic store on every other corner". shit gets a big fat nigga please...

white people are ridiculous. trader joes opened a shop in brooklyn today. i drove by at 9am in the pouring rain and saw a line of people waiting down the block, like it was fucking kermit day at supreme. in the rain!!!! i'm ashamed sometimes.

i know, right?! "oh i'm gonna wait me an 3 hours in line in the rain so i can buy thai chili peanuts and soy nuggets with hummus even though i can get the same shit at the organic store on every other corner". shit gets a big fat nigga please...

i hope that jeepster will buy me a ring, flowers or something for when i visit nyc.

also, i really hate shopping at zara. i mean, its always full of people, if ever i find something cool, you have to wait in line 15 minutes to try on, then wait again to pay. that's ridiculous. i hate waiting in line, i always leave without even trying anything.

i hope that jeepster will buy me a ring, flowers or something for when i visit nyc.

also, i really hate shopping at zara. i mean, its always full of people, if ever i find something cool, you have to wait in line 15 minutes to try on, then wait again to pay. that's ridiculous. i hate waiting in line, i always leave without even trying anything.

do you guys think that the part of the sufu aesthetic is wearing things that nobody else wears just because nobody else wears it? would you buy shit like samurai, red moon, raf simons, if everybody around you started wearing it? or do you wear things because quality, construction, fit, and because shit just looks damn good?

i've always thought that elitism about clothes in sufu was because of higher quality of clothes, but now i feel like sufu is a collection of knowledgeable hipsters and i keep thinking of this article

all the criterion fit like, vintage rayban rx frames, fixed gear, underground/indie music, photography, american apparel. it's like a hypocrisy. i feel like the only difference between most sufurians and above mentioned hipsters is the price of their clothing (and quality?). bleah. i dunno. i feel so wired from all this school this past week.

1. So what if it's bought when no one else buys it? People around us have different hobbies and put their money into other things interesting to them. Buying something because it's different is a legitimate thing to do: alternative designs give the opportunity to re-evaluate perspectives on the body, clothing, representation and aesthetics. The designer puts into the product a consciousness of appearance that is otherwise excluded in "mainstream" clothing.

2. Red Moon and Samurai are different animals than Raf Simons. Red Moon and Samurai are bought up by many sufu initiates that see enormous threads about these wallets and jeans and then buy them cause they think it's a high quality product. Though the quality of Raf items depends on the piece, there is much more concern with the piece as part of an outfit.

3. It's up to each individual person how much construction/quality/fit/appearance matters. My mang mrip will buy a pair of Raf moon boots cause they look great, but not much can be said about the quality. Another person may buy a red-moon wallet, even though those leather braids and having your wallet sticking halfway up out of your back pocket looks ridiculous. I think generalizing in either direction is problematic.

4.If there is any elitism on superfuture, I don't see it. Most of the criticism on supertalk is wayy more skewed towards personality/swagger. Exhibit A: Sportfreak. If it were anyone else posting those hypebeast matchy-matchy outfits, he would've been laughed and negged to oblivion. Exhibit B: julzkind. Her closet is what you'd expect from any migrant from honestforum, but she's not being all disillusioned about it and has been welcomed into the fold.

Some members are more anal about their idea of fashion than others (see itsmejt, milspex for examples), but not everyone has these same standards.

5. Hipster is a dubious classification at best. Anyone who smokes and has a sense of fashion is considered a hipster today. The older crowd have "metro" as a rough equivalent, and the parameters are just as ambiguous. I think this will help explain my problems with the term: http://www.catandgirl.com/view.php?loc=455

I can't even start on the article. It was horrible. It's navel-gazing, self-important, tempocentric... I can't take it seriously, it sounds like some pseudo-intellectual college student was feeling bad on a saturday night because all his hipster friends were doing blow and having fun at a Girl Talk listening party without him.

I think you should re-read the article and think about what it's actually saying. If you still take it seriously, feel free to post again and I'll tear it apart for you.

do you guys think that the part of the sufu aesthetic is wearing things that nobody else wears just because nobody else wears it? would you buy shit like samurai, red moon, raf simons, if everybody around you started wearing it? or do you wear things because quality, construction, fit, and because shit just looks damn good?

i've always thought that elitism about clothes in sufu was because of higher quality of clothes, but now i feel like sufu is a collection of knowledgeable hipsters and i keep thinking of this article

all the criterion fit like, vintage rayban rx frames, fixed gear, underground/indie music, photography, american apparel. it's like a hypocrisy. i feel like the only difference between most sufurians and above mentioned hipsters is the price of their clothing (and quality?). bleah. i dunno. i feel so wired from all this school this past week.

1. So what if it's bought when no one else buys it? People around us have different hobbies and put their money into other things interesting to them. Buying something because it's different is a legitimate thing to do: alternative designs give the opportunity to re-evaluate perspectives on the body, clothing, representation and aesthetics. The designer puts into the product a consciousness of appearance that is otherwise excluded in "mainstream" clothing.

2. Red Moon and Samurai are different animals than Raf Simons. Red Moon and Samurai are bought up by many sufu initiates that see enormous threads about these wallets and jeans and then buy them cause they think it's a high quality product. Though the quality of Raf items depends on the piece, there is much more concern with the piece as part of an outfit.

3. It's up to each individual person how much construction/quality/fit/appearance matters. My mang mrip will buy a pair of Raf moon boots cause they look great, but not much can be said about the quality. Another person may buy a red-moon wallet, even though those leather braids and having your wallet sticking halfway up out of your back pocket looks ridiculous. I think generalizing in either direction is problematic.

4.If there is any elitism on superfuture, I don't see it. Most of the criticism on supertalk is wayy more skewed towards personality/swagger. Exhibit A: Sportfreak. If it were anyone else posting those hypebeast matchy-matchy outfits, he would've been laughed and negged to oblivion. Exhibit B: julzkind. Her closet is what you'd expect from any migrant from honestforum, but she's not being all disillusioned about it and has been welcomed into the fold.

Some members are more anal about their idea of fashion than others (see itsmejt, milspex for examples), but not everyone has these same standards.

5. Hipster is a dubious classification at best. Anyone who smokes and has a sense of fashion is considered a hipster today. The older crowd have "metro" as a rough equivalent, and the parameters are just as ambiguous. I think this will help explain my problems with the term: http://www.catandgirl.com/view.php?loc=455

I can't even start on the article. It was horrible. It's navel-gazing, self-important, tempocentric... I can't take it seriously, it sounds like some pseudo-intellectual college student was feeling bad on a saturday night because all his hipster friends were doing blow and having fun at a Girl Talk listening party without him.

I think you should re-read the article and think about what it's actually saying. If you still take it seriously, feel free to post again and I'll tear it apart for you.

nes games are tough. the second zelda is still by far the hardest in the series

nes games are tough. the second zelda is still by far the hardest in the series