SD-103 X 21 oz. = New D1293 = Awesome!

Pauken4

Ande Whall size 30 (Grifters) equals to 80 cm or 31,5 inches and thats true to size.....

i would like the waist to be 78 cm instead of 80 from start, and then maybe stretch out to 80 cm later...

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would like them to be nice and snug, but not TIGHT... if i do a soak i'll just wear them damp to avoid max waist shrink if they are tight enough raw...

Wow those pics bring back memories . . I am cursed with these, the D-1177's that is, got a pair of 32's (when I was fat) which we're huge, then a 30 then a 29 - all too big :( Sold the 30's to a forum member last year, the 29's in one wash state will be listed at marketplace v.soon. If anyone spots the D1293 in the smallest size, a 27 please lemme know, I still hope to one day flirt with the idea of 21oz denim! Oh and big up Pauken for not being a sheep and picking up an unknown model. I enjoy these discovery threads so much more than the bandwagon ones, the former adds buyer safety, the latter the connoiseur's excitement.

Ande Whall size 30 (Grifters) equals to 80 cm or 31,5 inches and thats true to size.....

i would like the waist to be 78 cm instead of 80 from start, and then maybe stretch out to 80 cm later...

sounds like you could use a 30 in 103s, and maybe a 31 in D1293s according to p4's measurements.

nice pics p4!

EDIT: i mean synthi! :cool:

^ Ah yes I've taken heed of your advice which is ace for me and others but actually my true waist now is a spot on 28, I'll be a 27 after shifting the xmas pound or so I put on so the 27 should do nicely. Might just have to drop 2000dB a PM :)

Yeah those pics came out really well, a fluke I think as it was only a Sony DSC v1. I did PS them tho. Your info + my photos make a nice lil contribution to the board eh!

• 2 weeks later...
If you're a 30, go with a 30 for a regular fit. 103s are slim so unless you want a super tight fit, i wouldn't suggest sizing down. to size up to a 31 or 32 as horrible suggested, i wouldn't do it. Wouldn't make much sense as a 32 would measure ~34 raw. My 30's went exactly to 30 and stretched to 30.5 with a bunch of wear, nothing more than that though.

thanks poly... gonna go for the 30 then...

if they, as you say measure 30 in the waist pre-shrunk, and then with stretch go to 30,5... then its a 30 for me...

and yes, its the 103's...

• 2 weeks later...
you really want to soak, man. they're stf so once they get wet they're gonna shrink. it'd be a real hassle to try to keep them dry for the rest of their (probably long) life.

how much indigo will i lose through soaking? and, since they're stf, and you suggest soaking, should i just get my true tagged size? (in this case, 30) ? (thanks for the help in advance btw)