party kids / scenesters? hipsters? rich kids?

lilfan

look,

it's easy to pick at these people because they have the luxury of being both intellectually lazy and having the financial resources to avoid self-reflection... for a time. We have every right to rip them to shreds because they put themselves out there in the spotlight. they do it because rubbing their lifestyle in everyones faces makes them feel good. Everything about them is consciously ironic, like how their played-out gutterglam bullshit is the hip new (actually, old) way to separate oneself from the peasantry who created it.

Their flaunting their culture theft.

The advantages we have over most of these no talents besides larger gene pools and creative inclination is this: indulging in forced celebration is fine and dandy until it becomes the same old thing night after night and you realize that you don't have a true friend in the world. Once they've decided that they're tired of dressing like johnny thunders, they wont have any friends or anything to talk about. They'll be republicans like their parents, and follow in their footsteps, making them even less and less special.

We on this board are willfully superficial because it makes us feel special, just like them. Our midlife crisis might be just as bad as theirs. Had we made the choice to put more of our resources into bigger, better things, we might not be complaining about these people like we do. However, since we didn't, let's go ahead and bring them (and ourselves) back to Earth by making fun of their clothes, coke habits, and lumpy legs.

:cool:

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i step away for a day or so and this once-normal conversation has devolved into people claiming that its too harsh and everyone is getting too worked up? all i did was give my perspective on rich kids at parties, and yeah i name-dropped some names- i have some personal experience with the people i mentioned, i didn't name drop to appear important, i mentioned anecdotes that i thought would make this discussion a bit funnier.

my problem with fucking cameras, for whomever asked, is that there's a difference between photographers and idiots with blogs who think they're gods 'cause they blog. you're trying to have a good time and they'll blatantly interrupt whatever you're doing to snap a poorly taken photo with their canon rebel and that is annoying.

to everyone who misread and/or misrepresented anything i said here, please eat my asshole. i know its not that serious, thats what i was getting at in the first place.

look,

it's easy to pick at these people because they have the luxury of being both intellectually lazy and having the financial resources to avoid self-reflection... for a time. We have every right to rip them to shreds because they put themselves out there in the spotlight. they do it because rubbing their lifestyle in everyones faces makes them feel good. Everything about them is consciously ironic, like how their played-out gutterglam bullshit is the hip new (actually, old) way to separate oneself from the peasantry who created it.

Their flaunting their culture theft.

The advantages we have over most of these no talents besides larger gene pools and creative inclination is this: indulging in forced celebration is fine and dandy until it becomes the same old thing night after night and you realize that you don't have a true friend in the world. Once they've decided that they're tired of dressing like johnny thunders, they wont have any friends or anything to talk about. They'll be republicans like their parents, and follow in their footsteps, making them even less and less special.

We on this board are willfully superficial because it makes us feel special, just like them. Our midlife crisis might be just as bad as theirs. Had we made the choice to put more of our resources into bigger, better things, we might not be complaining about these people like we do. However, since we didn't, let's go ahead and bring them (and ourselves) back to Earth by making fun of their clothes, coke habits, and lumpy legs.

:cool:

well said by a guy who has 17 posts. assuming you are a guy..

"everything about them is consciously ironic"

eat his asshole

Is he a .. um.. little person?

I can't tell if you're kidding or not,but I believe he's crouching.

Yeah, this shit is totally art:

"“Even if Dash doesn’t call it art, his stuff is just amazing and unique regardless,” says Colen. “It’s just like...him.”

Fuckers. I got to about page 4 and realized they weren't actually going to show me his awe-inspiring photos of what basically equates to "people doing stupid shit." Really exciting, I tell you what.

in all honesty, being in milwaukee, id rather be surrounded by these kids. just about everywhere i find myself is tainted with serious Bro's or clubbin Bros with the collars of their pink satin shirts popped. in either case, i'd be the "gay" one for wearing fitted jeans.

i didnt know destroyed carpenters were the standard

so sue me.

in all honesty, being in milwaukee, id rather be surrounded by these kids. just about everywhere i find myself is tainted with serious Bro's or clubbin Bros with the collars of their pink satin shirts popped. in either case, i'd be the "gay" one for wearing fitted jeans.

i didnt know destroyed carpenters were the standard

so sue me.

yeah i live in texan suburbia

and we enjoy the cobrasnake

because that sort of shit really doesnt get out here

even the city doesnt get much (houston)

im not 18 though so i havent been to the real hawtt houston clubs

but ive played shows at the bars around main which is right in the middle of all of them

and its just fuckers in square toed shoes and express shirts

unfond memory: walking down main, leaving notsuoh after a show, and we pass by this oxygen bar and these guys were pushing around this other guy playfully calling him gay and fagget (i think he was the only one of the group wearing tightpants or somthing). we look over and they are all in express collar popped shirts iwth square toed shoes standing outside of a fucking oxygen bar

thats pretty fucking gay to begin with.

but i think it would be nice to have parties in houston wear people to wear crazy shit

which there are, but they are all private parties and whatnot, ive been to a few and seen some interesting shit though

yeah i live in texan suburbia

and we enjoy the cobrasnake

because that sort of shit really doesnt get out here

even the city doesnt get much (houston)

im not 18 though so i havent been to the real hawtt houston clubs

but ive played shows at the bars around main which is right in the middle of all of them

and its just fuckers in square toed shoes and express shirts

unfond memory: walking down main, leaving notsuoh after a show, and we pass by this oxygen bar and these guys were pushing around this other guy playfully calling him gay and fagget (i think he was the only one of the group wearing tightpants or somthing). we look over and they are all in express collar popped shirts iwth square toed shoes standing outside of a fucking oxygen bar

thats pretty fucking gay to begin with.

but i think it would be nice to have parties in houston wear people to wear crazy shit

which there are, but they are all private parties and whatnot, ive been to a few and seen some interesting shit though

i thought notsuoh closed down a really long time ago? in all honesty, i dont think ive been there since i saw le shok and the fatal flying gullateens like back in 2000....houstons def. got its hot spots, you just gotta know where to look :)

Looks like a bunch of kids stumbled upon a DVD copy of Nathan Barley and failed to realise it was taking the piss.

It's exactly the fucking same in London... shitty indie bars in Shoreditch with shitty twobit bands (self having played in one), fucking offspring of Bob Geldof and their posses left right and centre plus associated arseholes spending their moderately famous mother's handouts on a plethora of drugs, which enables them to talk even more inanely how all Pink Floyd material after Syd Barrett's departure is shit.

i thought notsuoh closed down a really long time ago? in all honesty, i dont think ive been there since i saw le shok and the fatal flying gullateens like back in 2000....houstons def. got its hot spots, you just gotta know where to look :)

its still there

its called clarks or something now, or maybe its still called notsuoh i cant remember

the upstairs area is closed though for the most part, its only the downstairs

but for special occasions they open up the upstairs which is now a fucking labyrnth of just crazy shit, when i first went it was just like tunnel of wall sized art that went on forever finally ending in a pool table and some chairs

they cleaned it out finally,

9volt, rifftiffs, and i played a show for the owner's (tim i think, old grizzly guy) birthday bash

and they cleaned out the upstairs for a giant afterparty lasting till a long fucking time.

its weird, about 10-15 years ago, my mom used to be a regular there,

it was so fucking weird that babys would just walking around

dirty ass ones

the kind you just want to grab and put in a shower.

Ok I just read it. I don't even know what to say!

1. We NYC hipsters think the LA hipsters are weirdos.

2. A lot of the kids in this scene are rich, but not all of them. Some of them have semi-famous parents so that's where a lot of the money comes from. But the rich kids are stillfriends with broke kids who moved to NYC from middle America. It's like a big group of friends basically. I've never encountered any snobbiness with the kids with money. You couldn't really even tell who's rich and who's not because everyone is basically friends with everyone.

I guess I just have 1 and 2.