what are you watching today?

red

The presentation is essentially first-person "documentary" but you'd be naive to believe that it's largely fact.

I saw it at the Sydney Film Festival a while back and really enjoyed it. The second viewing was almost as good. Definitely worth checking out.

The completely deadpan delivery is a real winner in the context of most of the situations the guy gets himself in.

Guest jmatsu
watched Dagon at jmatsu's sort-of recommendation

good viewing

okay good. mission complete. now i hereby command u to watch the re-animator series and mayb b4 that "from beyond."

Guest jmatsu
^Saw it at a festival. Definitely worth your time. I really enjoyed it. A really good, fun thriller with a sci-fi twist. Well, only if you count time-travel as sci-fi. Only really used here as a central plot device, no focus on the technology.

DVPEzSRU5laITV_l.jpg

yeah it was good, but the ending was alittle underwhelming.

Guest jmatsu
must be one of those days jmatsu, watched this jawn. shit was great until the lame ass ending.

Re-Cycle.jpg

i think i saw this one too. it was some pang bro's shit huh? like they watched a bunch of del toro shit. imagery was actually cool, but i didn't get through the entire thing cause i was sick of hearing ching chong dingalongs throughout the thing. didn't even make it too the end.

^poor execution is the greatest enemy to an excellent film concept.

was just reading about the production of fight club. it almost ended up being directed by peter jackson with russel crowe as tyler durden. so glad that neither of those possibilities eventuated.

i think i saw this one too. it was some pang bro's shit huh? like they watched a bunch of del toro shit. imagery was actually cool, but i didn't get through the entire thing cause i was sick of hearing ching chong dingalongs throughout the thing. didn't even make it too the end.

is it worth the watch?