what do you like to nuke?

CaptMomo

not a big fan of the microwave.

fear.

my advice: don't overheat your food (the microwave will zap out nutrients), don't nuke food in plastic containers (unless you like poisoning yourself with chemicals), don't microwave metals (electrical fire), and be kind to animals and bugs (karma)

i will use the microwave to defrost breads, though. it is expedient.

when I buy bread I always freeze 2/3 of it, so I use the microwave to defrost it. I also keep some meat and other stuff in the freezer, so I defrost them a bit too before cooking something. thats pretty much it for me, if I'm eating leftovers I might heat them up.

take a piece of bread (or two if you're hungry) and put an ample amount of cheese in the middle, then squish it up into a ball real tight. The idea is that the cheese is hidden in the middle of the bread. Then throw it in the microwave for... 15-20 seconds I think. Take out, and enjoy.

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THIS IS GOOD. but it is. Somehow the bread doesn't get soggy at all but the cheese melts. so esentially you have a nice sphere of happiness.

maruchan cup-o'-noodles!!!! it's pure chemical shizz but if you don't mind the mile-long list of ingredients it's all good. tip: don't nuke it in the styrofoam container if you want to avoid ulterior chemicals seeping into your soup.

take a piece of bread (or two if you're hungry) and put an ample amount of cheese in the middle, then squish it up into a ball real tight. The idea is that the cheese is hidden in the middle of the bread. Then throw it in the microwave for... 15-20 seconds I think. Take out, and enjoy.

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THIS IS GOOD. but it is. Somehow the bread doesn't get soggy at all but the cheese melts. so esentially you have a nice sphere of happiness.

quoted for truth, even better if its a fresh bakery bread

maruchan cup-o'-noodles!!!! it's pure chemical shizz but if you don't mind the mile-long list of ingredients it's all good. tip: don't nuke it in the styrofoam container if you want to avoid ulterior chemicals seeping into your soup.

i tried to microwave the maruchan ramen cup o noodles

and i forgot to put in water in the cup

and the styrofoam shit and noodles and chemicles and shit

just lit on fire and made the entire 3 story Dorm smell like shit for a day

i felt like an asshole.

hot pockets. but if you do it all the time it's real easy to gain a few pounds, trust me.

acorn squash:

cut in half.

poke holes liberally with a fork for aeration.

raw side down on a shallow dish with some water to avoid drying out.

45 minutes in the nuker in stages of 15 mins. check every so often.

ready when done.

savory -> butter, pepper, salt, cumin to taste. adding shredded mozzarella works too.

sweet ->maple syrup or brown sugar to taste

hot pockets. but if you do it all the time it's real easy to gain a few pounds, trust me.

acorn squash:

cut in half.

poke holes liberally with a fork for aeration.

raw side down on a shallow dish with some water to avoid drying out.

45 minutes in the nuker in stages of 15 mins. check every so often.

ready when done.

savory -> butter, pepper, salt, cumin to taste

sweet ->maple syrup or brown sugar to taste

Acorn squash is amazing out of the microwave...just had it for lunch, actually.

Since my rice cooker is broke and my stove sucks, I've been cooking rice in the microwave. It actually comes out really nice. Use same proportions as you would for the stovetop and microwave on high for about 10 minutes, then go down to about 40% power and go for another 15 (uncovered and NO stirring)

Acorn squash is amazing out of the microwave...just had it for lunch, actually.

Since my rice cooker is broke and my stove sucks, I've been cooking rice in the microwave. It actually comes out really nice. Use same proportions as you would for the stovetop and microwave on high for about 10 minutes, then go down to about 40% power and go for another 15 (uncovered and NO stirring)

I need to try that. My microwave is crazy strong though; I keep burning/overheating things.

^ Yeah, what was that about! I didn't bother read the entire story.

Anyway, back to what I like to nuke.

BACON. I swear it works pretty good.

i think some lady microwaved her little baby to death in atlanta or something..i caught the tail end on cnn headline news a few days ago....fuckd up shit right there