New Samurai model?

RedHeadedStranger

So, NSW lost to QLD in the opening round of State of Origin (this will only make sense to anyone in NSW, AUS, I assure you). To ease my depression over the loss (we were 12 freaking points ahead at half time!!!), I went and bought myself a pair of Sam 710 19oz off 2nd. I was planning on getting these jeans anyway. I need a break from my Sexihos (which have resisted all my attempts to fade it) and needed to wear something different.

Here's some pics.

sam03.jpg

sam04.jpg

sam05.jpg

sam06.jpg

sam07.jpg

Initial thougths:

Thank God I only sized down one (usually buy W34 in slimfits). From reading this thread, I was thinking I didn't size down enough. At least I could button it up all the way the first time. It's hellishly tight on my rear and upper legs and that's pre-soak. I'm doubting that these would be wearable from the crotch down if I give them a hot soak like I was planning to. Maybe I should wear them raw for a little bit first. These 19ozers aren't anything like the 21oz IH denim. It feels rock hard and rough, like chainmail that's been left out to rust. Hopefully it'll loosen up over time.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

state of origin - rugby?

afl doesn't have state of origin i think.

haha, i don't follow any football sports.

fit looks great.

Cheers. They're in the tub soaking as I'm typing this. Going for a lukewarm soak, see how that turns out. Want to get all the pre-cutting starch out of the jeans, try and soften them up as much as possible.

State of Origin is Rugby League (as a Melbournian, you're forgiven for not knowing that) NSW vs QLD for the last 20 something years.

QLD has never beaten NSW at Telstra Stadium. I swear if they win there, I'll cop a pair of Eternal 811. If the Cantebury Bulldogs don't make the top 8 this year (lost their last three games), I'll probably cop a pair of Flathead or Skulls. If the Doggies win the premiership this year, I'll fork out for a pair of 45rpm Jomons as my sacrifice to the denim gods.

QLD has never beaten NSW at Telstra Stadium. I swear if they win there, I'll cop a pair of Eternal 811. If the Cantebury Bulldogs don't make the top 8 this year (lost their last three games), I'll probably cop a pair of Flathead or Skulls. If the Doggies win the premiership this year, I'll fork out for a pair of 45rpm Jomons as my sacrifice to the denim gods.

no plan ever sounded better than this. :D

Thank God I only sized down one (usually buy W34 in slimfits). From reading this post, I was thinking I didn't size down enough. At least I could button it up all the way the first time. It's hellishly tight on my rear and upper legs and that's pre-soak. I'm doubting that these would be wearable from the crotch down if I give them a hot soak like I was planning to. Maybe I should wear them raw for a little bit first. These 19ozers aren't anything like the 21oz IH denim. It feels rock hard and rough, like chainmail that's been left out to rust. Hopefully it'll loosen up over time.

I did put them in washing machine without detergent, long program, 60C (140F). Took away most of the starch so they softened quite a bit. Had really hard time buttoning them for the first time, had to use the good old pencil trick to those button holes. Don't worry they will stretch and soften in no time. :)

After a 2 hour luke warm soak where I changed the water twice (the water was yellow - which I'm assuming is the starch). Let it hang dry over night. No appreciable shortening of the inseam, maybe 1/2 inch, but tighter everywhere else. Took me about half an hour to button up all the way this time. Unbelievably tight. For a moment, I didn't think I was going to be able to put them on. I thought it was tight before the soak, but this was almost unwearable. It's been an hour, and they've let up a little. Hopefully they'll stretch out during the day.

Some pics:

sam08.jpg

sam09.jpg

sam10.jpg

I did put them in washing machine without detergent, long program, 60C (140F). Took away most of the starch so they softened quite a bit. Had really hard time buttoning them for the first time, had to use the good old pencil trick to those button holes. Don't worry they will stretch and soften in no time. :)

I used a screwdriver to shoehorn those suckers in. This is the first time I had to do that too. Then again, this is my first pair of Sams.

indigo_junkie, the waist on mine is 2 inches bigger than tagged after stretching so i think youll be fine =)

Yeah, it's stretched out a bit, and I've only worn it for about 11/2 hours now, post soak. I'm a little worried about the inseam not shrinking. I know I only did a luke warm soak, but, I figured these jeans would have shrunk in the length more than that. I don't want the fade on these jeans to ride up my leg later down the line. :confused:

These 19ozers aren't anything like the 21oz IH denim. It feels rock hard and rough, like chainmail that's been left out to rust. Hopefully it'll loosen up over time.
Yeah, it's stretched out a bit, and I've only worn it for about 11/2 hours now, post soak. I'm a little worried about the inseam not shrinking. I know I only did a luke warm soak, but, I figured these jeans would have shrunk in the length more than that. I don't want the fade on these jeans to ride up my leg later down the line. :confused:

i wouldnt worry too much about them shrinking more later on, ive done two 3 hr+ hot soaks and the inseam is still long, at least 36 still.

and the stiffness goes away before too long, now mine are very soft in a way, they feel like a thick felt or wool instead of denim, its neat, and comfy

im getting a pair of sams soon (not these though, s0500xx), and i see that everyone soaks their sams. i usually dont soak my jeans no matter if they are raw or onewash, but should i on these?

im scared.

I'd soak it and get it over with. They're oversized for a reason, they're intended to be shrunk. And 38.5in inseam is retarded, even 36 (after shrinking) is a lot.

Do it hot to get most of the shrinking out, and don't worry about losing indigo, they aren't cheap jeans.

I mean they're gonna get washed eventually anyway, right? Besides, if you soak em, you get to hang dry them and it's really cool when they stand on their own...

Just fro those who did'nt notice...Samurai changed the sizes...they are about 1 inch smaller than they used to be - all Jeans produced past the begining of this year...

!there goes my sizing policy out the window again! Cheers for the info though beatle..

Just fro those who did'nt notice...Samurai changed the sizes...they are about 1 inch smaller than they used to be - all Jeans produced past the begining of this year...

So THAT is why they didn't have those "details" on their web page for some time.

If you order now - besides the 512 boot cut - they're all from this year...

S5000VX is at lot 10 - that's the lot for this year

Wonderful. My 710s are lot 10. Still, after a days worth of initial discomfort, they've stretched out to just comfy snug (really quick). It took at least a month of constant wear before I got my Imperial Dukes to that level. Denim's still rough as anything though.

I'll still be sizing down two for the 21oz 510 in August (can't pre-order right now, and if I miss out... then I miss out. Plenty of other jeans on my list to still get).

thats good to hear indigo J ! well imo i think youll miss out a lot if you dont get the the 21 onzers..

Yeah, but then I'd have $340 on credit that won't be doing anything for me until August. I could put that money towards some PBJ 007 and work on that for about 3 months. Actually, I'm hoping to have the money together to get a 007 from BIG before they're all gone. I'll be putting them away while I work on my 710s. When August rolls by and I have the money and if there are any pairs of 510 left, I'll grab a pair and count myself fortuitous. Yeah, if I miss out, I'll miss out a lot, but I'm more stung about missing out on those SDA 1293 21ozers from a while back.

^^ true true..

anyways did my first wash today

1.soaked with lukewarm water 20 minutes

2.wahsed the jeans with thunder soap with HOT water

3. rinsed it with ice cold water.. i put ice on the tub..

4.here the drying part got some pics

522646119_137f081bdd.jpg?v=0

i put some wood in the waist so it wont shirnk ..still drying will post pictures soon,,

my first wash... they're still soft B. maybe its the 19 oz's character? i dunno. shrank a lot on the lenght but on the width of the thighs and hem very minimal shrinkage...

dry pics

firstwash002.jpg

firstwash001.jpg

firstwash003.jpg

firstwash004.jpg

firstwash006.jpg

firstwash007.jpg

firstwash008.jpg

firstwash009.jpg