Digital SLRs?

nairb49

hey sufu

its my friends bday and shes into photography and was wondering are there any good books that are not like.. "how-to" books?

more like inspirational photography books... or something along that line?

pleaaaaase help!

get her a cindy sherman book.

Nikon released their new d700 yesterday, 12mp, fullframe, capable of shooting 8fps with the battery pack (for you skate/bmx/etc guys). Basically a d300 on steroids..

I shoot Canon but Nikon has been killing it in my opinion..

They also released an SB-900 as well..

hey sufu

its my friends bday and shes into photography and was wondering are there any good books that are not like.. "how-to" books?

pleaaaaase help!

I recentely picked up a couple books by John Freeman.

But then again, these are like books for beginners.

hey sufu

pleaaaaase help!

rinko kawauchi. end of story.

Nikon released their new d700 yesterday, 12mp, fullframe, capable of shooting 8fps with the battery pack (for you skate/bmx/etc guys). Basically a d300 on steroids..

I shoot Canon but Nikon has been killing it in my opinion..

They also released an SB-900 as well..

the only good thing i see about the sb-900 is that it will drive the prices of sb-800's down. $500 and it has a 200mm zoom head and for that one can easily snoot.

the d700 seems beastly aswell :eek:

thanks for the suggestions i researched them both and wow, im amazed!

however i can't find any rinko kawauchi books for sale :(

or am i looking at the wrong places?

Get her a National Geographic collection. Shit has tons of awesome photojournalism and photography in general. Also look up Henri Cartier Bresson, guy's gotta be the most biographed photographer lately that everyone has gotten some sort of inspiration from.

the only good thing i see about the sb-900 is that it will drive the prices of sb-800's down. $500 and it has a 200mm zoom head and for that once can easily snoot.

the d700 seems beastly aswell :eek:

I agree, it didn't impress me all too much when I was reading up on it. However, the drop of sb-800's should be a good thing like you said.

snoots just restrict light

while fresnel lenses inside a flash zoom head for example shoot it in a more concentrate stream, while using the same power.

imagine pouring sand through a smaller hole, versus forcing it through the same size hole

so you mean you actually save more power and fresnel zoomed heads concentrate more light, correct?

something like: 24mm zoom 1/16 snooted versus 105mm zoom 1/16, the 105 would give off more light

has anyone used a 70-200 VR nikkor on a D3? I've read that the lens on a FX body has dissappointing results
the 70-200 vr is not quite a DX lens, but wasnt really designed with FX in mind.

there is strong vignetting that can be corrected, but there are rumors that a new version will come out soon.

i dont wanna sound like a noob or whatever but i must ask you guys on sufu. well i want to get my self a dslr just to taste the waters of photograhy. so i was wondering if you guys can help me out with the yes and nos to starting off

your help would be really nice

so you mean you actually save more power and fresnel zoomed heads concentrate more light, correct?

something like: 24mm zoom 1/16 snooted versus 105mm zoom 1/16, the 105 would give off more light

what kenmon was trying to say is that snooting vs. using a fresnel zoom head is different. with a snoot you'll basically get exactly the same intensity of light as you would without using it, just over a smaller area. that area will be exactly the same brightness regardless of the snoot, it will just be a smaller area. a fresnel zoomed head will make that smaller area brighter by concentrating the light over the area, a fresnel zoomed head is essentially a convex lens.

i dont wanna sound like a noob or whatever but i must ask you guys on sufu. well i want to get my self a dslr just to taste the waters of photograhy. so i was wondering if you guys can help me out with the yes and nos to starting off

which yes and nos are we talking about. asking a question would be a step in the direction of getting an answer

congrat on the 5D dino. though i'd have chosen a better lens before a FF body, but i guess that in either way you'll take nice shots, and you have plenty of time to get some nice glasses.

rudy giuliani's answer to vague questions would be 9-11

my answer to this sort of vague question would be a canon xt or canon xti.

buy a dslr body with considerable price tag. save your money on good lenses. the trick is the lens glass quality. not the body.

i think even the xti has good iso if you wanna take concert photos or low-light photos. i bought my first camera (300d) 3 years ago and never learned any sort of photography before. but i'm enjoying it now.