Digital SLRs?

nairb49

oh and does anybody use the accessory battery grip with their xti or xsi? Does it help?

Makes a world of difference. Balances the weight ratio of the lens and body alot better. I use the xti and I really feel like the body is small toy without the grip. If you're getting one, the opteka grip is similar, if not identical to the canon one, for a cheaper price. Plus it makes shooting in portrait alot easier and much steadier.

i wish i had an xsi for concerts. When i heard it had a live view, i didn't think a lot of dslr purists were going to accept it, but i think it could definitely be worth it for those blind shots you have to take when you put have to hold the camera above raised arms.

If you are going to use it a lot and you actually LIKE the 50mm focal lenght, it can be worth it. Either way, the 1.8 is already fine.

Has anyone of you already bought a HK grip with integrated LCD that has intervalometer, exposure length and shooting number ? I already had a HK grip but I sold it, now i'm thinking of a Canon one, but I think i'd have a use of the one with the LCD.

If you have the money get the 1.4, you won't be disappointed. The autofocus is noisy and a bit weak on the 1.8, and the build quality sucks, so it's very fragile.

I have no idea how much shipping would be to France but I would reckon it'd end up being no more than ~$200 USD after everything.

I'm guesstimating out my ass, though.

I guess it'd be around $20 or even less. I'm okay for $200, or even $210 if you're worried about extra cost of shipping, and my paypal is ready. (btw do you have the original box ? warranty ?).

I think it's not in warranty any more (but I don't know shit about those sorts of things). These lenses have been owned for quite some time, over 1.5-2 years each I believe. And I am a habitually lazy photographer…I don't use bombproof cases and microfiber satin clothes or use pillows to carry them…or fill out those warranty things.

And holy shit there are a lot of messages for these lenses…

I see... anyway, it's a lens, i guess it's its purpose to be swinged back and forth. If you're fine with $200+ shipped then i'm fine too.

I've got a Canon 20D, so 1.6x I believe...

So, I guess I should stick with a 50, but is it really worth it to undershoot and go for a 1.8? I plan on shooting a good amount with my prime, not exclusively, but a good amount...

i would sugguest using your zoom lens or whatever you have and zoom into 50mm and try to walk around and shoot everything with that focal length.. 50mm on a 1.6 crop is like 80mm thats pretty close in a lot of indoor stuff, other then just shooting peoples faces. you adjust but i found that 35mm is much more comfortable on a cropped frame for everyday use

nikon users...

so the words are out...d90 should be released in sept? oct?

also...i have a good opportunity to switch from D80 to a D200 for trade + $200

worth it? no?

I'm a Canon user, so feel free to disregard my comment...

BUT, I must say, the D200 has a magnesium body... I would roll with that over the plastic D80 body. Think: that extra $200 is an investment in the security of your camera...

Xti's just dropped in price a lot ($589 for kit at adorama).

I've heard that d90 is supposed to drop this week (http://www.photographybay.com/2008/04/21/nikon-d90-d3x-rumors/).

It's also supposed to have a uVR system that works with all nikkor lenses and gives a 10 stop advantage :) (http://yourphotoarchive.com/laugh.htm)

d80 to d200 depends. Although d200 is a lot better in terms of functionality I believe the d80 is lighter and smaller. You should ask if you can borrow the d200 for a couple of days and see if you like to lug it around.

Have you tried shooting with it a couple of times? I was initially going to get a 450D (I would really like live view and I really like Canon's 10-22 and better lenses overall), but after having borrowed a friend's xti and playing around with it at shops, I think I'll go with a Nikon d80. The 400D and 450D gives me cramps in my right hand cuz the grip's so small. It's so awkward to shoot with for a long time.

admittedly i havent had a chance to use it for an extended period of shooting but from what ive experienced it was fairly comfortable. note that i do not have kunk hands and the smaller fit is probably geared toward a person with hands like mine. or so i think

so im pretty ready to pull the trigger, any reason i should wait? will the release of the 1000d push prices on the xti down or even if it does should i say fuck it and just get to shooting as quick as i can

nikon users...

so the words are out...d90 should be released in sept? oct?

also...i have a good opportunity to switch from D80 to a D200 for trade + $200

worth it? no?

Sounds good, but you might as well go for the D300. Price difference isn't that much