Digital SLRs?

nairb49

im dumb wit this stuff, but I have a Rebel XSI cause I needed to be able to take shots for my site.

Can somebody recommend a wide angle lense for my Canon?

i just got the sigma 10-20 a couple weeks ago and haven't taken it off my camera yet.

does anyone have the sigma 30/1.4? i wanna kop but i've read mixed reviews re autofocusing issues.

i just got the sigma 10-20 a couple weeks ago and haven't taken it off my camera yet.

does anyone have the sigma 30/1.4? i wanna kop but i've read mixed reviews re autofocusing issues.

I tried the sigma 30 1.4 from a friend, and maybe it was a very bad copy of it, but it was really soft (until I closed at least at 2.8) and the autofocus wasn't as accurate as what I read on some very praisefully review. I didn't really liked the render either. Only judging on this copy, i'd get it if I really needed the 1.4 opening, but would choose something else if i didn't need this 1.4 opening too much.

Cannot agree more. Or the 35 f2 if you're short on money, no usm, strange noise, but very sharp and a nice lens for the everyday use for only $230.

Get the 35mm 1.4L instead. BOOM TIME.

werd, i thought about picking up the 35 and the 85 before the price hike... but they're not all that useful until I get my next camera...

Get the 35mm 1.4L instead. BOOM TIME.
Cannot agree more. Or the 35 f2 if you're short on money, no usm, strange noise, but very sharp and a nice lens for the everyday use for only $230.

yeah i know but i need it to autofocus with my D60

i hope nikon updates its primes to AF-S models soon.

allright, we're lensbeasting now...

stfaperture2wm4.jpg

What would you guys recommend as a good starting dslr? I would wanna spend up to a thousand dollars, but not much more. I've been reading about a lot for a while now but there are so many and the differences seem so small i figured i better ask...

I just got a nikon D40, b/c my budget was about 600 and its all i really need. I know it doesnt have a lot of the features a d80 or higher has, but if you're just starting out, I think its a good camera to start with.

also, can anyone recommend a smaller camera bag? I've got the d40 w/ kit lens, as well as a 55-200 VR lens, so I don't need a backpack or anything, just a small shoulder bag. thanks

also, can anyone recommend a smaller camera bag? I've got the d40 w/ kit lens, as well as a 55-200 VR lens, so I don't need a backpack or anything, just a small shoulder bag. thanks

I just got this:

http://www.tiffen.com/displayproduct.html?tablename=domke&itemnum=700-80S

it's actually too small for me and i want to sell it if you want it. i waited too long to return it and now i can only get credit (which i don't need). it should fit your needs well. get at me!

look at crumpler, B&H sells them. They look less like camera bags. I have one, I think the 5 million dollar.

trying to decide whether to get the 35mm f1.4l for my 5D. I know it's awesome, I'm not sure if I'd be happier with the 50mm

4j8dr9

if your talking about the 50L i heard their is a lot of problems with it with auto focus. 35L is sick.

I sold a 50mm f1.4 to fund a 35L, but I think I want a portrait lens for headshots.

Im leaning towards another 50mm f1.4 or maybe a 85mm f1.8. thoughts?

Im on a cropped body

I tried my granddad 85 f1.8, and I found it a bit too long for portrait, though being a really good lens. But it will do the trick if you don't take picture in cramped area, and can be more interesting than the 50 is you already have a 35L (not sure i understood if you already got it or not).

just my 2 cents

cross posted from a thread I shouldnt've been posting in:

hai guys pls help me

i need to get a new camera, I am not a pro photographer but I like a quality camera that I can have fun with, for waywts, streetstyle photos taken here and there, bla bla bla. my budget is around 300 euros. recommendations?

any Nikon users with the 18-200 VR lens?

i have a chance to buy one at $450 (originally saved up money to buy SB800 flash). should i go with 18-200vr or sb800...

keep in mind im currently using a 18-135 which i would most likely sell when i get the 18-200.

I just got a d70 for 200. It came with a 18-70mm 1:3.5-4.5.

Now I'm saving up for a 50mm 1.8

18-70 is a nice lens...thats wat i used for a year or so.

now with the 50 1.8, i'd say save up alittle more and get the 1.4 instead. much much clearer and crisp. i just recently sold my 50 1.8 for $50.