the finals blues

REALL1

Luckily, I don't have to deal with them anymore (well, at least not until grad school in 4 years).........

a.) Avoid study groups....you will waste tons of fucking time in them and at the end of the day you are taking the test on your own.

b.) Take your vitamins.......Emergence-E, Jamba Juice, whatever

c.) Try to get alot of sleep, studies show that you perform significantly better when you are well rested.

i have a written math test on thurs. if I pass it, I go to the spoken part of the exam. spoken math tests are a huge bitch.

I have been holed up in the library from morning to evening for the last 2 weeks with a bunch of friends that are taking it too and it's actually helped to study in a group.

i have a written math test on thurs. if I pass it, I go to the spoken part of the exam. spoken math tests are a huge bitch.

I have been holed up in the library from morning to evening for the last 2 weeks with a bunch of friends that are taking it too and it's actually helped to study in a group.

maybe this is really common but, what is a spoken math test? i've never heard of or encountered one before

it's when you go up to the blackboard with the prof, and she/he asks you to demonstrate a theorem. you say it in layman's terms and if it's correct then she'll say 'write it down' and then you have to write the demonstration with the appropriate math symbols. the profs usually look at your written exam to see what you got wrong and they ask you about that. the nice thing about this system is that if you're not able to answer any questions, you obviously flunk the exam but you don't get any flunking grades registered. you go back the next exam session and try it until you pass.

it's when you go up to the blackboard with the prof, and she/he asks you to demonstrate a theorem. you say it in layman's terms and if it's correct then she'll say 'write it down' and then you have to write the demonstration with the appropriate math symbols. the profs usually look at your written exam to see what you got wrong and they ask you about that. the nice thing about this system is that if you're not able to answer any questions, you obviously flunk the exam but you don't get any flunking grades registered. you go back the next exam session and try it until you pass.

holy cow, that sounds so ridiculous. what are you studying that you'd have to do that? i was a math minor and never had to do anything of the sort in any of my classes!

Studying for developmental neurosci and neuroanatomy since Monday. Ironically enough, during studying, Ive experienced some motion-sickness-type of abnormalities, which i've able to diagnose (but not cure, damnit!) from reading. Both tests are tomorrow ...back to back. 30 minute breather in between, long enough for a piss and a smoke, greeaaat.

/end sarcasm