Iron Heart Black Selvedge

kiya

i know what you're thinking.. WHAT? black selvedge from Iron Heart?

yes.. these guys are overdyed black selvedge in their usual 21 ounce denim..

i just had to share the joy with you all..

check out these photos

DSC05066-757605.JPG

DSC05067-754150.JPG

DSC05071-751868.JPG

these are VERY limited. about 25 pairs, only available at Self Edge, sizing goes from 28 to 34 only.

$320 each. you gotta see these in person... makin' a brutha sweat just looking at them.

you gotta post pics of what they're like in several months with a bit of wear. I've always wanted to see what overdyed fades looked like.

I own a pair of 634-S myself.. just the normal selvage ones. i've had them for 3 months now... they look.. well.. brand new still. haha they'll never fade.

Yeah, tho I still don't think I'll ever mess with 21 oz denim. Maybe I'll change my mind when I see them in person.

if you've never seen Iron Heart jeans in person then i understand what you're saying.. 21 ounces seems unnecessary and not a denim of much comfort. but that's not the case with IH jeans.. it's sort of odd how soft and comfortable they are for being such a heavy weight. it's a combination of the tight weave and the quality of the cotton they're using from Zimbabwe...

I think there's the possbility for fade in overdyes, but since no one ever does it for contrast, it remains to be seen whether it'd actually look good, might look cheesy come to think of it. Since they're dyed twice as much as we're used to with raw denim, I'd imagine that uncomfortable period where the colors aren't worn in as you'd like them to be would be twice as long? I think really washed out black overdyes look cool. I have a real soft spot for really faded black overdye Wranglers, those things become like a really beautiful faded black moleskin, it's quite different than levi's black overdye. The idea of selvage train tracks through a washed out black overdye is exciting...

these are not limited, you've been able to get a pair from rebirth for many months.

I've been wanting a pair since I first saw them.

actually, they didn't make too many pairs of these, and the 20 or so pairs we just got in at Self Edge are the last twenty or so pairs remaining in the world..

i never meant to imply that there were only twenty pairs made by IH.

:)

If you look at the Ironheart website (Japanese one) you'll see that these are available in numbers larger than 25. I'm also pretty sure that you can get them through the guy that distributes IH and posts on here.

IH seems like the new company to jock. Good thing i've had my pair for awhile.

you are correct, they DID have them in Japan, but they're all gone.. these are the only remaining stock worldwide.

the reactions from people seeing them in person have been quite good so far.. people are into the overdye because none of the stitching shows through the black dye for a unique look, especially on a pair of Iron Hearts.

the hell!?...i shoulda waited for theseeeeee....ehh whatever....21 oz, thick ass denims, but im getting used to it...i actually like em alot more than all my previous denims...you gotta see em in person to appreciate them!

stunt- you modeling for SE now or what haha...did you get these?

Haha stunt would be a great model.

Stunt is definitely the official Self Edge model.