new TANNER bifold and belt

siznam

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, just wanted to say that I liked your work but just wanted to make a couple points for people who're interested in your bags. I've had one of your bags since you posted them on your website, and they're made of interesting leather, but between this and the buckle on your belt it seems like the hardware has a hard time holding up. The seams on my messenger get a lot of pull for some reason, but I rarely put more than a couple books in it... Within the first month I had it the snap had come off twice, and I am very gentle with clasps. It seems the 'prong' attachment inside the bag was bent and came off, so I tapped it back in with a tack hammer.

I did want to ask if the belts were all unfinished and prone to 'shedding' like the bag interiors are. The little bits of leather that litter my books and clothes when I wear my tanner bag always make me look dirty, so I wanted to ask how you solve this problem yourselves; do you leave them completely unfinished for wear on straps and interiors or do you waterproof or apply another leather protector to them? Also, is there some way to reinforce my tanner bag strap and seams? The big seam in the middle of the strap makes me nerveous as the strap is already very light and thin.

Thanks. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
probably should've gone with the filson...two weeks and i haven't heard shit. no confirmation, no response to emails, etc, etc.

anyone know what's up with these dudes?

-c

I drove by their storefront in Portland this weekend and it was closed -- didn't stop to read the sign, but they might just be out of town for a week or two.

I wouldn't worry too much - Sam seems like a standup guy. You might also try getting in touch with kixslf, as I know he's done some work for them in the past and may know what's up.

• 2 weeks later...
Any info on the sizing of the belts?

Ace.

i went with my normal belt size, a 34 (i wear it on the 2nd to last hole) and it ended up being too big so i cut and reassembled it. if i got another one, probably would go for a 32 or maybe 33. 32 over 33 though.

and to people complaining about the metal keeper....just ask for a leather one, sam is super accommodating. One of the companies i will continue to support for years down the line. will post pics of wear sooner today

• 3 weeks later...

i ordered a tanner belt in size 33, which is +2 over my true waist size and it was exactly perfect. or perfectly exact.

for what it's worth, i also have a LGC harness belt and a sugarcane garrison, and the tanner kicks their flat, strappy asses.

Just got my wallet and belt. The job done on that little custom option I wanted on the wallet was excellent. I sent Sam a pic of the Fabfour wallet just as an example, and really, all I wanted was just a simple leather tab and ring. Sam also sent me an extra buckle and leather keeper for the belt. There was a bit of a mailing snafu, and I didn't get my items for 2 weeks, but communication was excellent. In the end, Sam sent them over via express at no extra charge. Some pics.

tan01.jpg

tan02.jpg

tan03.jpg

i forgot to post this here but this was posted in the evolution thread

520102099_7282597021.jpg

520069246_7eb2e8ec69.jpg

520102427_16d06da8b2.jpg

520070040_ed7cd07da1.jpg

tanner belt and wallet. don't use the wallet as much as red moon has stuck its fat head in again. at least till the end of samurai competition. belt is switched on and off with my banana republic belt.

i ordered a tanner belt in size 33, which is +2 over my true waist size and it was exactly perfect. or perfectly exact.

which hole does your buckle go through?

i'm trying to figure out which size i would need if i'd like for the buckle to go through the middle hole. (my jeans are size 33-34" waist)

i'm a little confused since you sized up on your belt and it fit perfect, but poly sized up and it was too big.

which hole does your buckle go through?

i'm trying to figure out which size i would need if i'd like for the buckle to go through the middle hole. (my jeans are size 33-34" waist)

i'm a little confused since you sized up on your belt and it fit perfect, but poly sized up and it was too big.

mine goes through the middle hole of 5 holes total, with about 2.75 inches of belt end sticking out past the jeans belt loop.

not sure how much poly sized up so i can't comment about that. i think if you did like me and went with +2 over your true waist it will work out fine. or, measure a belt that fits you the way you like. i measured my sz 33 belt and it is indeed 33" from middle hole to the buckle. all i know is, if i got the belt in the same size as my jeans, it would've been way too small.