Studio D'Artisan 103's

mike lowrey

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Washing my 103 now....

Not much going on after 8 months of constant wear. The smell is driving me insane (everytime I squad down and get a whiff of it I feel nauseous, imagine someone else smelling it) and so, I have no choice but to throw them into the washer. I hate doing laundry......

Washing my 103 now....

Not much going on after 8 months of constant wear. The smell is driving me insane (everytime I squad down and get a whiff of it I feel nauseous, imagine someone else smelling it) and so, I have no choice but to throw them into the washer. I hate doing laundry......

what do you do to make it stink though? do you play sports in them or anything?

ive worn mine for 4 months now and they still smell new haha

I did not take any pictures as there is really nothing going on at the moment..

I will take some post wash and you will probably know what I mean.

As for the smell, it is probably due to wearing them in tropical climate (30plus degree C) .

They smell really fresh now. Machine wash with whatever detergent I can find and tumbled dry. Shrunk quite a fair bit....

A liitle tough to tell from the pics, but those don't seem to have much fading for 8 months of wear. Haven't even started wearing mine yet, but I'm getting nervous about the slow progress. Are these among the most difficult to fade Japanese denims? They still look great though skcusdog.

A liitle tough to tell from the pics, but those don't seem to have much fading for 8 months of wear. Haven't even started wearing mine yet, but I'm getting nervous about the slow progress. Are these among the most difficult to fade Japanese denims? They still look great though skcusdog.

They are a bitch to fade but in the end you won't be let down with the result!!

• 1 month later...

quick question on the sd103's, im thinking of picking up a pair from BIG but wanted to know how slim fit they really are? im used to wearing apc ns and i sized down 3 for those so im probably going to get the smallest size possible with the 103's and do a hot soak to get the maximum shrink. what im worried about is the legs and thighs im not really looking into getting a baggy jean, any advice?

quick question on the sd103's, im thinking of picking up a pair from BIG but wanted to know how slim fit they really are? im used to wearing apc ns and i sized down 3 for those so im probably going to get the smallest size possible with the 103's and do a hot soak to get the maximum shrink. what im worried about is the legs and thighs im not really looking into getting a baggy jean, any advice?

They aren't really slim like ns's, but they aren't baggy. The thighs are a bit large, but the seat isn't too big, nor is the rise high. I normally stick to slimmer shit, but recently decided to get a pair of these, and i'm very happy i made the choice to do so.

I would say that if you're sizing down 3 on NS's, the sd-103 is not for you. Go for something like Skull 5010, maybe or Samurai 710, or check out some of the Self Edge collabs if there are any left (Flat Head, Imperial, Iron Heart, etc.). The sd-103 is not baggy or even relaxed, but I really don't think it's going to be comparable to your APC's.

It's been 4 months of everyday wear and 2 soaks with my 103-XX and they show no love to me.

I tried to find some nice worn in pairs in this thread and there are almost none.

Please help me keep the faith...

At least I find the fit perfect.

I saw a pair of 101s (same denim as 103s) on a Japanese site (Bears, I think) that look amazing. I wish the pair I had fit me, cuz I think these jeans would be to die for. The denim looked and felt fantastic.

It's been 4 months of everyday wear and 2 soaks with my 103-XX and they show no love to me.

I tried to find some nice worn in pairs in this thread and there are almost none.

Please help me keep the faith...

At least I find the fit perfect.

I wouldn't hold your breath. If you're looking for (quick) wear, get some other jeans. I'm sure you love the the great fit and denim though. I've had my 003's (LHT, same cut) for a year and just getting some wear that is noticable from more than 3 feet away. Granted, I only wear them 1-3 days a week.

Supawiwi, be patient. They will reward your persistence. I've worn mine for 2 years and they continue to look better as the months go by.
I wouldn't hold your breath. If you're looking for (quick) wear, get some other jeans. I'm sure you love the the great fit and denim though. I've had my 003's (LHT, same cut) for a year and just getting some wear that is noticable from more than 3 feet away. Granted, I only wear them 1-3 days a week.

I've read that the fact they were fading slowly would get them to a more beautiful fade at the end. Is it true?

I'll stick with them for sure, just for the great comfort they give me.

103's are a bitch to fade - having troubles with mine too. The weave of the denim is so tight and the indigo so damn dark, that normal abrasion just doesn't make them lighter. My Samurai's were 10x easier.

Forget where I found these pics, but maybe they'll help you keep the faith like they have for me.

sp_sd103.jpg

sp_sd103b.jpg

^^Here it is.

http://www.dartisan.co.jp/jeans/sample.html

Took 3 years to get this fade.

3 fuckin' yeaaaaars!!!

Man I hope the construction will handle such a long time!

They look awesome, hope I'll get to something close. Maybe I'll get something more greyish since I got the XX with natural indigo, let's see how they will turn.

Thanks for the link

Moral of the story for anyone planning on buying SDA's:

Buy SDA's for the Denim and Fit, not for the fade.

Pick up another pair in place of or in addition to if you want fading. I also picked up a pair of S0500 when I was in Japan for fading, but I've barely worn them in the last year, favoring the SDA's. Just got the S0500 hemmed so I'll be wearing them a bit more now.

3 fuckin' yeaaaaars!!!

Man I hope the construction will handle such a long time!

They look awesome, hope I'll get to something close. Maybe I'll get something more greyish since I got the XX with natural indigo, let's see how they will turn.

Thanks for the link

^ good luck trying to fade the natural indigo ones....:rolleyes:

i had SDA-103's and they are literally steel. i maybe wore them 3 months, and there was no sign of fading in the creases at all.

i liked the fit very much. the front and back rise is short enough that it is fitted and doesn't look like diaper ass like repro's do.

out of all the japanese brands that i've handled in person, in terms of fit and finish/quality - Studios rank #1, then Flat head, then Samurais

even the patch was a beauty in itself - super thick