Studio D'Artisan 103's

mike lowrey

I'm just kidding beatle. For the most part I dig the leather hardware, but it just seems like this dude went out and bought the stuff all at once. It's like a superfuture makeover.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hi,

just bought a pair of these recently from japan. if someone could help me out here a little but how many soaks and/or washes before these will stop shrinking? im eager to hem them thats all.

cheers,

kev.

A hot wash and a hot machine dry should shrink them enough to be able to safely hem. There might be a hair more shrinkage, but not much. That's my experience, anyway.

I hot-soaked mine in hot tap water several times for a few hours, but it wasn't untill after the second machine wash that they shrunk to maximum extent. They were one wash as well, so that practically makes it three washes. I've never tumble-dried them though.

thanx heaps for the info guys, im new here so its much appreciated!

welll i have triple soaked and am now a bit worried about the fit. i have done a tepid, warm then hot soak so i imagine that they wont shrink anymore.

the fit in the seat and around the thighs is still quite 'loose' to my liking and i thought these were meant to be tight and ball crunchers to begin with...far from that.

i usually wear a 33 i was told to buy a 34 by the seller at cpoint.

the fit around the waist is ok but i know these will stretch with wear and get bigger and baggier, something i dont want. looks like these are going up in the market.

question is now, what size to get to get proper fit. should i be getting size 33 or will i get away with a 32?

looking at BIG's website for the 103's sizing chart i see that they only have size 32 then 34, is this because there isnt much difference between the 33's? the size 32 look to be what im after according to the site as it is a good 1inch off legs and thighs and i should fit into a 33inch waist no problem. are BIG's sizes before or after soak/wash?

cheers.

ps..if people need pics of how the 34s fit me let me know and i will post 'em.

erbs......so youre saying soak them again maybe in hottest water possible out of tap and then hot dry over heater or in dryer?

i must say that the jeans at the moment are quite roomy around legs, seat and crotch area they are not fitted like i would have liked. and i dont know how much more shrinking i will get out of these.

wouldnt i be safer by getting size 33? but according to size charts there isnt much diference to 34 except for the waist. the better sized ones are the 32 but the waist would be to tight for me i thinks.

• 4 weeks later...
what do you use to oil it? I love the leather SDA uses for it's patches, i'm not sure what it is (ive heard goat leather?) but it ages so much better than the deer skin patches

random leather grease, lether balm and the redmoon mink oil that came along with my peacemaker..

^^ the fading on your 103s are similar to my 003s. Noticeable lap/ass fades but the combs havent come through yet. It pisses me off cause I have fading similar to yours on the side of the knee where the honeycombs form, but not much on the actual honeycombs themselves. I guess SDA honeycombs take lots of time and washes

^^ the fading on your 103s are similar to my 003s. Noticeable lap/ass fades but the combs havent come through yet. It pisses me off cause I have fading similar to yours on the side of the knee where the honeycombs form, but not much on the actual honeycombs themselves. I guess SDA honeycombs take lots of time and washes

My SD-105 are very resilient to fading, too. The noticeable wear even after nearly a year of wear is mostly in high-friction/wear areas. But I like the colour so I am fine with it :)

erbs......so youre saying soak them again maybe in hottest water possible out of tap and then hot dry over heater or in dryer?

i must say that the jeans at the moment are quite roomy around legs, seat and crotch area they are not fitted like i would have liked. and i dont know how much more shrinking i will get out of these.

wouldnt i be safer by getting size 33? but according to size charts there isnt much diference to 34 except for the waist. the better sized ones are the 32 but the waist would be to tight for me i thinks.

why dont you just was hot wash them if you're going to dry them anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

So i just got a pair of SDA SD-103 from blue in green, and had them hemmed (great service, btw!) I hot soaked (water at 40-50 degrees for about 3 hours) them trying to get most of the shrinking out of the way, and the length now is pretty close to perfect. Should I be expecting a lot more shrinking in subsequent washes, or do hot soaks tend to get most of the shrinking out of the way the first time?

So i just got a pair of SDA SD-103 from blue in green, and had them hemmed (great service, btw!) I hot soaked (water at 40-50 degrees for about 3 hours) them trying to get most of the shrinking out of the way, and the length now is pretty close to perfect. Should I be expecting a lot more shrinking in subsequent washes, or do hot soaks tend to get most of the shrinking out of the way the first time?

Should shrink up some more. But you hemmed them before you hot soaked them? That's pretty risky man, but glad it worked out for you.