Bicyclettes

canice

i need to get a clipless setup for longer rides, but i really don't feel like wearing those stiff ass clogs when i'm heading to the grocery, bar or work.

There's a night and day difference between road and mountain bike shoes. I get it if you mean you don't want to wear them for looks, but you should really try out some decent MTB shoes, far better than dress shoes IMO.

Then again, I've practically lived in mine forever. But then, you run a lot in cross, including hard ground, and that's way more mega than any amount of hoofing I'd do if I have my bike 'round.

Why don't you strap on a pair a time or two. Only the really expensive carbon MTB shoes are stiff enough for it to make you think twice about walking about in them.

oh word... i was looking at some sidi mtb shoes, but i figured they'd be just as stiff.

i almost never wear dress shoes aside from the rare formal occasion.. just usually a pair of p500s or DMs that i stash in my desk drawer when i switch over when i get into work.

oh word... i was looking at some sidi mtb shoes, but i figured they'd be just as stiff.

i almost never wear dress shoes aside from the rare formal occasion.. just usually a pair of p500s or DMs that i stash in my desk drawer when i switch over when i get into work.

Sidi is touted as being the greatest, blah blah blah... but honestly I just think they are smartly made shoes from Italy, which although that is worth something, they are not the end all, be all of quality.

I've owned three pairs, and really, I've had much cheaper shoes that were better.

They might be paramount for appearance, but fit/function wise there are better. I recommend checking out Lake, Pearl Izumi, and Shimano (you really do HAVE to try them on, sorry) before you pull the trigger on $250+ Sidi's. They went way up since I've bought a pair...

Any big rubber MTB sole is pretty easy to walk in. Not as grippy on slick surfaces as regular rubber shoes, but way better than any leather soled shoe.

Just installed a 50mm thomson stem and a w-base double caged metal toe clips with SAG double straps.

I heard they are well made but how do they compare to Toshi doubles? Might consider getting some since they are cheaper than Toshi.

Thoughts on this ?

http://www.pedalconsumption.com/files/starfuckers_diy_toe_clip_and_straps_installation.html

Republic http://www.republicbike.com/

sag's haven't been out very long, so i dont' think anyone's going to complain just yet. if they're not laminated, i can see the stitching wear out kind of fast. fwiw, i've had a pair of toshis on my daily driver for 2 years, no breaking or problems.

sag's haven't been out very long, so i dont' think anyone's going to complain just yet. if they're not laminated, i can see the stitching wear out kind of fast. fwiw, i've had a pair of toshis on my daily driver for 2 years, no breaking or problems.

The're laminated and stitched. Should last a while. Plus they come with the doublizer strap thing for the top of the pedal with makes them feel real secure. For they price them seem pretty good.

^Did you buy the DVD? Can't seem to find a download link/torrent.

I bought it.

In due time, people will eventually upload the DVDs...

But I dont know who will shell out $40, just to leak it.

My one gripe with MASH, was the lack of extra bonus features, of the just general riding (which I personally enjoy watching.)

Theres about 15 minutes of bonus footage, per person, and theres like 20 people?! Or something around there...

The're laminated and stitched. Should last a while. Plus they come with the doublizer strap thing for the top of the pedal with makes them feel real secure. For they price them seem pretty good.

Def getting them soon. Also, Ben's got some 20%off on Nitto Jag and 36cm 123 drops.

i'm removing some rust and then paint on an old steel frame, what do you guys recommend for this? i've been told brass wool, is there anything i should use alongside it? for the paint i've seen everything from paint stripped to aircraft paint remover. what's the easiest way?

i'm going to phone up some media blasting places in the next few days and see how much that'd run me.

i wouldnt take it to get sandbalsted first. try looking up "soda" blasting. musch better for the metal, then scotch brite the frame before you take it to get painted.