Bicyclettes

canice

i think you missed my stupid joke.

i don't like riding that far up on the nose. it definitely works for sprints when you're forward or up off the saddle, but for long rides it gets you numb and is bad for your parts in the long run.

apparently KHS manufacturing in CA is out of stock of the flite 100 in a 53. so no local bike shops can order it for me. anyone know of a spot in the ny area that may have one in stock, i've called around but no progress... thanks

Have you looked into the Mercier Kilo TT instead? It is a rebranded KHS Flite and there are a bunch of complete ones on ebay right now. I think its something like $350 shipped...dirty cheap.

yeah, i heard about them when i was originally looking, and forgot about it until now, so thanks.

also, how are the components?

since it doesnt look like i'll be getting the bike i really want, i was thinking about just getting one of them or a windsor and slowly upgrading it. ml - i'm not really looking for a project, i just want somethin to get around town

or maybe a pista or iro angus...

shit i forgot about that bike. good call!

are they still selling those? are they bright green this run?

the last run i remember seeing had the same quality wheels as a complete flite 100 and some truvativ cranks. the rest is not so hot.

flite 100s used to come with sugino 75s and solid components. they cheaped out over the past 4-5 years.

eam, those stickers haven't even dropped yet.

did 50k yesterday for a charity ride, smoking roadies left and right. saw some really nice bikes, custom cervelos and wiliers, crazy looking TT setups, and some really surly old guys on vintage steel - marinoni, cramerotti, basso, pinarello.

canice.jpg

i know this may be random here but i may be dragged to watch ironman in WA in a few weeks and i was wondering if anyone has ever been or has any suggestions so i dont kill myself! please help

who is dragging you across the country to watch an 11 hour race? you're a much better friend/SO than I

for the 98% of the time that you won't be able to see your racer, you can drive/walk around to other viewing points. and at about the 9.5 hour mark, sit by the finish and watch people physically crumble 20 feet away from the line like in that gatorade commercial

eam, those stickers haven't even dropped yet.

did 50k yesterday for a charity ride, smoking roadies left and right. saw some really nice bikes, custom cervelos and wiliers, crazy looking TT setups, and some really surly old guys on vintage steel - marinoni, cramerotti, basso, pinarello.

canice.jpg

Nice! 50k comes out to around 35 miles, yeah? I did a 40+ mile ride last week, definitely a workout when you have steady hills.

I have a couple other questions I was hoping to get info on. For checking my tire pressure can a standard tire gauge to check the pressure even though the valves are skinnier than others. As well I was looking into getting some new cages and straps. Looking into steel ones, the one thing is I am not sure about the sizing, anyone know what size of cages would fit size 9 feet?

My buddy is riding a 1992 specialized road bike with a crooked back wheel, a broken seat stem, a fucked up derailluer, no cages/clips, and leapord print handlebar tape from san louis obispo to san francisco (around 250 miles). He's just bought this bike a week ago, and has been training for 4 days. He left yesterday, I'm going to call him in 3 hours to see how it's going.

Just thought you bike nerds might appreciate this

wasn't really paying attention in the first place, but discounting the breaks we took, probably 90 minutes. what do you mean by ride profile? what the riders were like? people of all ages, ranging from big box piece of shit mtb suburbanites to weight weenie roadies. the route was pretty easy. some grades, but they were long rather than steep.

try riding your bike in a comfortable gear for a week and see how you like it.

it is the dvp... from exhibition place to york mills and back. it bordered on embarassing how gleeful i was that they closed off the highway for bikes. take that, cars!

ml: hot saddle. sachs is full of hidden goodies. can't wait to be rich enough to afford his lugs for a custom build...

seemeugly: you won't get crushed on a fixed, most places are rideable on an appropriate gearing (i.e. not san francisco) lots of people ride fixed in seattle.

ml that saddel is sweet,i need a new saddle the stock bianchi one is gross,going to switch my gearing also down to 42 on the front,along with changing the stem to something a bit shorter and angled at somepiont soon.

in regards to new chain ring looking going to 42 teeth is alu ok or is stainless steel recomended?

And is this something a novice like me should be able to switch over easy myself?

ml that saddel is sweet,i need a new saddle the stock bianchi one is gross,going to switch my gearing also down to 42 on the front,along with changing the stem to something a bit shorter and angled at somepiont soon.

in regards to new chain ring looking going to 42 teeth is alu ok or is stainless steel recomended?

And is this something a novice like me should be able to switch over easy myself?

its pretty simple once you get the cranks off the bottom bracket. you have to get a crank puller to remove the cranks. after that, just remove the 5 or so screws that hold the right crank to the chainring, switch, and you are set.

the hard part is taking the crank off the bottom bracket and that isn't that hard.

-money.

its pretty simple once you get the cranks off the bottom bracket. you have to get a crank puller to remove the cranks. after that, just remove the 5 or so screws that hold the right crank to the chainring, switch, and you are set.

the hard part is taking the crank off the bottom bracket and that isn't that hard.

-money.

This seems a bit excessive. I mean, can't you just undo the bolts and take the chainring off around the crankarm?