Bicyclettes

canice

So I want to run a cross lever as my only brake lever (front brake)... I know that they're supposed to be used in conjunction with a road lever but it's possible right?

What's the proper way to set this up? The bullet type head doesn't sit nicely in the cross lever hole. I've also heard that you can't use standard V-brakes?

I thought a lot of fixed gear riders do this, so what's the proper way to set it up?

I just want to double check again, one last check before I bounce on this $250 for a 2006 Bianchi Pista frameset 49cm

i am 5'4" and 130lbs, 30.5 inseam average. I checked the measurement guides and I was a 49 average, but I am a little scared it might be too small for me? will it be an uncomfortable ride for me? I don't want to ride with too much of a hunch, I want to ride to quite comfortably, but want to ask the proz if this will work. I've ridden a 54cm Trek road bike before, I was able to ride that comfortably.

i'm just going to tell you again ... http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=FIT_CALCULATOR_INTRO

pause.

measure_ex_1.jpg

$250 is about the norm internet deal on a silver set of fixed/free phils. aebike.com is about $10 cheaper if they'll even ship to the UK.

thanks mike il get them shipped to my friend in ny and he can send with my vans etc i picked up recently,phils are like £110 each in uk, gonna have them laced to those h= deep rims as i dont think i can handle riding tubs on london streets to much hassel.otherwise id go for shamals which would be my first chioce

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Phil-Wood-Track-Hubs-32h-Ft-Rr-Track-High-Flange_W0QQitemZ350087435815QQihZ022QQcategoryZ36144QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

good deal on phils?new build is breaking my finances but worth it to do it right first time rather than wanting to upgrade,parts.

typically a fixed rear phil wood hi flange hub is around 150-170, and front fixed hi flange 140-170............

from exp. nittos are lighter...and if you were to get nittos. get hte 21. IMO DEY BE SICKZ

for hubs: you have a lot of options. are you looking for a hi flange? or low?

for hiflange: miche and paul comp....phil woods are the best though

lookin at buying a new Bianchi Pista.. good buy? :) it seems like from what everyone says, its a good bike. not super special, but i dont need a special one. just need to know if im spending money on something good or not. thanks